Penn State Child Molestation Scandal...continuing discussion - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #556
I hate this place

Local Time: 11:07 PM
"20 total/10 annual scholarship reduction for 4 yrs"

So they are going -20 for 4 years?

I was close

Except for the TV punishment, which will probably never happen again. And the road games, which won't either.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #557
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:07 AM

Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #558
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:07 AM
People are posting some pretty amazing things on the internets and in many cases attaching their names to them. Although I suspect that some of them might just be trolling.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
"A de facto death penalty," David Price, the former longtime NCAA enforcement head, told USA TODAY Sports.
Former Miami coach Jimmy Johnson tweeted that Penn State will be "no better than [Division] 2 for many years." ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit said a decade will pass before the Nittany Lions could be competitive. And former Penn State standout Kyle Brady said his alma mater will be an irrelevant program for most of his 7-year-old son's teenage years.
please, think of the children

think how this will affect Kyle Brady's 7 year old son.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #560
Acrobat

I had been in favor of the football program being shut down for at least a year, but I think the penalties handed down today are probably acceptable punishment. What I don't find acceptable though is the reason the NCAA gave for not going with the 'death penalty'. Emmert said that shutting down the program would hurt too many innocent people. Basically, the NCAA seems to feel that Penn State football is too important to the community, economically as well as socially, to be shut down for even a season. Isn't that the exact same attitude that allowed Sandusky to roam free for over a decade?

On another note, I can understand that the Paterno family feels the need to come to Joe's defense, but the statement they put out today (on top of the statement they put out yesterday) was kind of appalling. This is not the time to be publicly worrying about how much these sanctions are going to hurt poor Joe's legacy. And to bitch about the NCAA not coming to them first? Really? I know that for decades everything related to Penn State football (and probably many things not related to football) went through Joe first, but how can his family not understand that those days are over?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #561
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
People are posting some pretty amazing things on the internets and in many cases attaching their names to them. Although I suspect that some of them might just be trolling.
I love the smell of stupid in the evening.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Students at Penn State as the N.C.A.A. announced sanctions Monday against the university.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #563
The Male

Hahahahahaha sorry, in the second pic that chick, the third from the right...great expression. Her eyes crossed in jubilation.

I don't get why they're all so horrified, as if they had no idea there was ever a scandal in the first place, or what an internet is. They seem to be discovering what molestation is in those pics.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #564
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. There was nothing that shocking about the announcement this morning.

Maybe if they had imposed the death penalty, I could see a reaction like that.

Chick with sunglasses on her head in the first pic is hot.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootomic View Post

On another note, I can understand that the Paterno family feels the need to come to Joe's defense, but the statement they put out today (on top of the statement they put out yesterday) was kind of appalling. This is not the time to be publicly worrying about how much these sanctions are going to hurt poor Joe's legacy. And to bitch about the NCAA not coming to them first? Really? I know that for decades everything related to Penn State football (and probably many things not related to football) went through Joe first, but how can his family not understand that those days are over?
I think the Paterno family IS appalling. Arrogance and sense of entitlement fostered by Penn State perhaps? That they would actually say that the NCAA has to come to them? Unbelievable. They've had their butts kissed so much by Penn State that I think they've lost all sense of reality. Even if they feel the need to defend his "legacy", it's not about that at this point and it never was. He tarnished his own legacy, so it's time for his family to just quietly accept that and stop making contrary, self serving public statements that do nothing but rub salt in the victims' wounds.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #566
Ghost of Love

Penn State Scandal: My Statement To The Paterno Family - Houston News - Hair Balls

Quote:

Shut the fuck up. Seriously, shut the fuck up.

Unless you have something of substance to add to the allegations against Jerry Sandusky or have a fat six figure check you wish to donate to a charity helping the victims of child sexual abuse heal, nobody gives a rat's ass what you think about the removal of your father's statue, the removal of scholarships from Penn State's program, or the removal of dog shit from your front yard.

Perhaps this is why the NCAA didn't seek any "input from [your] family" -- they didn't want it, they didn't need it. Seriously, what color is the sky in your world, Paterno family? I realize that you've gone through virtually your entire lives with the keys to State College in your back pocket, but in the real world, when one of us fucks up, they don't ask our loved ones their opinion on our punishment. There's no consensus building going on. Authority figures mete out punishment, and then you accept it like a man. I realize that you're just now learning what these strange beings called "authority figures" are, since your dad basically ran things in that navy blue cocoon you've all been living in, but to be clear, these authority figures -- THEY establish the rules, THEY enforce the rules. You follow them.

Your dad, Jerry Sandusky, Graham Spanier, Bill Curley, Gary Schultz. They broke the rules. Now, they pay. And they're bringing a whole lot of innocent people with them, too. And yet you're the ones who can't get to a keyboard fast enough to start banging out these ridiculous proclamations every time you feel wronged? Your arrogance is galling.

You lament that your father was never interviewed by the University or the Freeh Group, to which I say, be glad he wasn't. History tells us he would have just lied, more and more lies, and bathed himself in more perjury. It's what he did when he met with the grand jury in 2011. Why would this time have been any different?

I notice, by the way, that you call your dad a "great coach and educator" in this latest chapter of Paterno Family Statements. I seem to remember the wall behind the statue saying "COACH, EDUCATOR, HUMANITARIAN." Thank you for leaving "humanitarian" out of your latest statement. It was that statement's only redeeming quality.

Speaking of which, how about that statue, huh? Quite a scene watching that thing get carted off by those construction workers with a sheet over its head, almost like they were taking Statue JoePa to a secluded area to waterboard him and find out what he really knows about Sandusky. The realism was striking, right down to the statue maintaining its "number one finger" pose. I mean, say what you will about the authenticity of the statue's looks, but to me the statue's having self awareness identical to that of the real Joe Paterno is its defining trait.

I'm hoping they send the statue to jail, perhaps to share a cell with Sandusky. Or Sandusky's rectum.

By the way, how is your investigation into the documentation compiled by Louis Freeh coming along? Are you unearthing any new nuggets of information? Have you found the magic crystal that miraculously exonerates your dad from any culpability in this case? Or the mystical goblet that somehow reverses time back to 1998 (or whenever it was that the old man first learned that Jerry Sandusky took sadistic pleasure in raping young boys) and gives him the clarity to think that perhaps protecting his football program wasn't the end all and be all?

Me, I picture your "investigation" consisting of big, fat Scott Paterno sitting at his mom Sue's kitchen table thumbing through a huge pile of printed emails, getting winded after the first five or six, and then screaming at Sue to bring him some more double chocolate chip cookies and a towel to mop up his pit sweat. And then after like ten minutes, he says "Fuck it," plops down on the couch, and turns on one of the 50 episodes of Man vs Food he has saved on VHS tape.

Your investigation is for shit. Your family statements are for shit.

Oh, and one other thing. Stop calling your father by his first name. It sounds creepy when the sons are calling the dad "Joe" or "Coach" in interviews and social settings. That's fucked up. Stop doing it.

Also, I hope Nebraska kicks the shit out of you this year.

Go away, assholes. Now.

Love, Sean

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #567
I hate this place

love the Cablinasian.

Listen to him on 1560 in the mornings
Bummed he doesn't have his YSR weekday show anymore.

One of those vacated wins was against Arizona in 1999! Woo hoo!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #568
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootomic
I had been in favor of the football program being shut down for at least a year, but I think the penalties handed down today are probably acceptable punishment. What I don't find acceptable though is the reason the NCAA gave for not going with the 'death penalty'. Emmert said that shutting down the program would hurt too many innocent people. Basically, the NCAA seems to feel that Penn State football is too important to the community, economically as well as socially, to be shut down for even a season. Isn't that the exact same attitude that allowed Sandusky to roam free for over a decade?
EXACTLY.

The fear of hurting the program, the image, the influence on the community... all things that made a bunch of reasonably good guys turn a blind eye to horrific acts.

What disgusts me more than anything is that they continued to support the Second Mile, when it had to be so abundantly clear to them that Sandusky was more or less using it as his own sick version of Match.com.

These penalties will hurt... but not because they're so incredibly harsh. Rather because they're connected to child rape.

The loss of scholarships is easily overcome. The fines and financial hit of the no bowl games and no big ten money can be overcome by a large endowment and an incredibly committed alumnus who believe in their own twisted minds that somehow Penn State and JoePa are the ones who got screwed. The sting of the 4 year ban on recruiting will lessen after 2 years... and trust me, a TON of kids today care more about going to a program that will help "get them to the next level" than they do about the NCAA post season... especially in football, where the post season is a joke.

What will be crushing to Penn State are the penalties the NCAA handed down combined with the stigma of being associated with child rape, the loss of advertising money that we're already staring to see, the loss of TV revenue, the loss of general enrollment, and what will prove to be a staggering amount of civil law suits that will not only have a devastating effect on the athletic department, but also the school as a whole, the surrounding community, and even the state and ultimately the tax payers of Pennsylvania. After all... is a publicly funded school.

Many estimates place the total loss in excess of half a billion dollars.

And I still think they should have been flat out shut down for 2 years.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #569
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911

love the Cablinasian.

Listen to him on 1560 in the mornings
Bummed he doesn't have his YSR weekday show anymore.

One of those vacated wins was against Arizona in 1999! Woo hoo!
Vacated wins don't give the other team the win. Nice try
Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #570
I hate this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Vacated wins don't give the other team the win. Nice try
Ha! I know UofA doesn't get the W.
I'm just glad their W comes off their record.

I think the L comes off Arizona's books too.