Penn State Child Molestation Scandal...continuing discussion - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Now, I'm sure Paterno has protected his players at times in the past, just like every other college football coach. But there are plenty of instances of he and the university disciplining players as well. Austin Scott got arrested and eventually was found not guilty, but he was kicked off the team when he was arrested and never reinstated. Just this season, Stephfon Green missed almost half the year because he bought an underage kid some beer.

I'm far from a Paterno apologist, but this thing reeks of a disgruntled former administrator who clashed with everyone in the university and his brother because she's nuts trying to ride the media wave to get back at the university.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm not sure I place trust in anyone's word--be it ousted student affairs VP's, predecessors or police chiefs.. (I come from a corrupt little area and would only vouch for a handful of people) I will defer to your opinion of Ms. Triponey's being a paranoid, lying sack of shit, although a little clarification would be helpful.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

In her time here, she attempted to destroy student government, Greek government and student radio. Her idea of being a leader was to tear down student institutions and eliminate the voice of the student media. When she was forced out, nearly every decision she made was reversed almost immediately.

I was told about her about a year ago, in response to some heavy criticisms I made about her successor, Damon Sims. It was basically a "You think this guy is bad, you never knew the old VP" kind of situation, which is why I know who she is.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie

OK, your take sounds reasonable.

I've seen it the other way too, so forgive me if I'm always a little bit cynical in an environment like a university (et al). I've seen people hurt badly when these little circles tighten like a noose and these beacons of enlightenment and authority lie through their fucking teeth to protect the institution, the status quo, their positions, not caring whom they shatter before they move on to a new place. I kind of think everyone is a lying sack of shit unless proven otherwise.

It'll be interesting to see what more shakes down--when Penn State loses its exemption from the right to know laws.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

I think there are a lot of players in this who are guilty, including Paterno.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Me too.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:49 AM   #352
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Bloomberg, Nov. 23
Quote:
An investigator who looked into a 1998 complaint against former Penn State University football defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky says there wasn’t enough evidence to take action then--and he is sorry it took so long to bring charges against the man now accused of molesting eight boys from 1994 through 2009. Jerry Lauro, who worked for the state’s Public Welfare Department, reviewed a complaint about Sandusky showering with a boy in a university locker room. Lauro dropped the case after concluding that while Sandusky’s actions at the time were inappropriate, the boy didn’t make allegations of sexual abuse and there wasn’t yet a pattern of complaints, he said.
Quote:
Governor Tom Corbett, who helped lead a new investigation of Sandusky when he was attorney general in 2009, said he expects the state’s lawmakers to toughen scrutiny of child abuse before the end of the year. The Legislature may pass a joint resolution next month creating a bipartisan commission to make recommendations for changes in state law, said Stephen Miskin, a spokesman for the House Republican Caucus.
. . .
Detectives from the police departments of Penn State and the town of State College, Pennsylvania, also investigated the 1998 allegations against Sandusky, and the local district attorney declined to file charges, according to a grand-jury report. ...The inconclusive 1998 investigation shows that Pennsylvania needs to change its narrow definition of what constitutes child abuse and when it must be reported, said Jennifer Storm, executive director of the Dauphin County Victim/Witness Assistance Program in Harrisburg. “This to me would have been a really good criminal case,” she said. “Why didn’t this go to court? Unfortunately, we may never know the answer.”

Many of the complaints Pennsylvania declines to act on would be considered abuse in other states, said Rachel P. Berger, a pediatrician and child-abuse researcher in Pittsburgh. Berger and the Protect Our Children advocacy organization are calling for a comprehensive review of state laws related to child abuse. “If one good thing comes out of all this bad, hopefully as a state we will find a way to prevent this kind of situation from occurring,” Berger said in a telephone interview yesterday.
Quote:
Second Mile didn’t move to limit Sandusky’s access to children until November 2008, when he told them he was being investigated on allegations made by a teenage boy, according to the charity’s website. Second Mile’s Raykovitz learned in 2002 about the incident involving Sandusky and a boy in the Penn State football showers, the grand-jury report said. The statement on Second Mile’s website said university officials told Raykovitz that someone reported being “uncomfortable about seeing Jerry Sandusky in the locker room shower with a youth” and that the foundation wasn’t aware “of the very serious allegations contained in the grand-jury report”--that Sandusky was sexually assaulting the boy. Raykovitz didn’t return a telephone call yesterday seeking additional comment.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

Sandusky was arrested again today-two new accusers
Old 12-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #354
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:43 AM
One of the new accusers was locked up in Sandusky's basement and raped there. The victim would scream for help, but Sandusky's wife never came down, though the claim could be made she never heard the screams.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #355
The Male

Local Time: 09:43 PM
What the fuck

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #356
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Well, that just made me sufficiently sick to my stomach.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #357
45:33

Local Time: 02:43 PM
This guy needs to be killed in the most slow, painful way possible
Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

New grand jury indictment here.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

A lot of people are planning to drive to Bellefonte to try to get into his preliminary hearing next week. I don't really get why.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

why were so many people obsessed with the casey anthony trial? america's filled with voyeuristic fuckers.