Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh come on, chasing about 330 in the Chappell-Hadlee has been our specialty even before scoring 300 became the new 250.

Guppy, time for a blinder.

Kane, time for a good measured knock.

We can do this. Even with Latham's blunder.

Bailey drops Guppy! Oh thank god. Got to wonder what's justifying Bailey's continued selection though.

Before the series began, I was disappointed the Japandroids gig clashed with the second ODI.

On Tuesday, however, I was grateful I had something to do that didn't involve watching any cricket.

We need at least three Shane Bonds and two Daniel Vettoris, with periodic replacement stock - especially of Bond, given his fragility.

NZ's complete inability to do absolutely anything well in Australia is a bit puzzling, even coming in with good form. Much of it has to be mental.

I don't think so. Australia always dominates in Australia, no matter who they're playing. India are a better Test team than New Zealand and they fall apart here.

Hell, cricket more than any other sport I know of favours the home team emphatically. Winning on the road is the exception, not the norm. You're far more likely to knock off a rival away in the various football codes than you ever are in cricket, that's for sure.

Boulty boy is going for it!

Finch must be dropped after this series. Laughable performance.

It's actually not even 20 degrees here in Melbourne today!

Though now that the clouds have parted a bit, yes, it's warm in the sun.

You call that December in Australia? Jeez I went out to buy a drink earlier and had all four car windows down and the air conditioner going.

Got well into the 30s a few days ago.

But I'm fucking loving today. Ironically I might have got sunburnt showing a visitor around campus.

Somebody on Cricinfo pointed out that so far this series New Zealand has conceded 46 extras (including 6 so far today) to Australia's 13. That's fucking disgusting, and you know the half-century is coming up.

It also means extras have more than doubled Finch's total for the series.

Not sure where this good bowling and fielding was earlier in the week.

The good bowling was here for the first 20 overs of the Sydney ODI! Shame it then went AWOL.

The fielding, on the other hand... BMac must be sitting at home breaking things, shouting "have you forgot everything I taught you already?!"

I posted this in the Superthread but meant it for here: Oh de Grandhomme you have made yourself at home in international cricket haven't you!

See ya Bailey and your quirky stance. I need to find a replay of the Marsh dismissal because it sounds hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom