Official Cricket Thread Part 302 - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure

Old 02-19-2016, 08:03 PM   #571
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Official Cricket Thread Part 302

Oh Brendon we're going to miss you so much. What a knock, the fastest Test century EVER, just 54 balls.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:42 AM
What the hell did I miss ... that sounds incredible.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #573
Vocal parasite

Came in with the team at 4/30, caught off a no ball on 39, and then just blazed away, simply extraordinary. The shot that just got him out (to a great catch by Lyon) was actually one of his more conventional and less risky shots of the day!

The Corey Hotline seems to be ringing loud and clear today as well. Hope he can go on to a century - this is only his fourth fifty ever, and we really need him to get good scores more consistently in the post-BMac era.

Though of course Brendon's got one innings still to go. Triple century time I say!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-19-2016, 09:08 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

What I'm baffled it is why KW hung around for 60-whatever balls to make 7 runs?
Old 02-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #575
Vocal parasite

Took the shine off the ball at least?

But damnit now Corey's gone for 72. I'm a bit worried that despite the fireworks of this session we're not actually going to post that intimidating a total.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, could be, but even then he tries to keep it ticking over in any circumstance. Everything I've heard suggests the pitches are wild for half a day and then it all goes flat?
Old 02-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #577
Vocal parasite

And if it goes flat we're fucked because Australia won't have any trouble coasting past 300 - which, now that Southee has yet again fallen miles short of his potential with the bat, is looking like the best we can hope for.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #578
Vocal parasite

Wow, and we somehow made it to 370 in the end. Not too bad a total, but we're going to need some early wickets.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #579
45:33

I overslept and missed the Baz show. Depressed as all hell.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #580
Vocal parasite

Fucking hell New Zealand cricket makes you feel every goddamn emotion. Yesterday was Baz at his Bazziest, now today it's the old "oh we've somehow blown it again" sensation. Now, OK, as a New Zealand cricket fan your default position is that we're somehow losing (even when we need two to win with ten wickets in hand and three days to play), which has made the last couple of years all the more extraordinary, but that feeling has surged to the forefront today.

Can we conjure a mystery Australian collapse from somewhere? I'm just worried we lack the firepower to reply in kind even if the track's gone flat. Baz is unlikely to repeat the dose of the first innings unless his scriptwriter has taken the biggest knock to the head ever, the lack of Ross really weakens the middle order, and Kane's sudden form slump is not helping matters.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-21-2016, 01:20 AM   #581

And the remaining Aussie batsmen are well capable of posting another 400.

I'm commentating for White Line Wireless on Tuesday, if it makes it that far.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #582
Vocal parasite

We're racing through wickets now. Just a shame we didn't do this in the middle session yesterday! And Australia have managed to reach 500, so when we come in to bat we will be well in arrears. But Voges only ("only") made sixty so his average will decline, and Wagner's taken a five-for.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #583

Limited the damage, I suppose. Hopefully NZ can find some proper form with the bat now.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #584
Vocal parasite

Pleased to see Wagner ultimately made it a six-for.

Not pleased to see that Guppy, maybe the best ODI opener in the world right now, continues to forget how to do anything with the bat the moment he sees a red ball.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-21-2016, 11:22 PM   #585
Vocal parasite

Goodbye Brendon.

What a way to go too, a cracking six and then a sensational catch. His whole career in two balls really.

New Zealand cricket will never be the same.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
cricket