Official Cricket Thread Part 302 - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure

Old 02-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #526
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:47 AM
The outer parts, absolutely. The inner parts are much like what you find as part of the urban sprawl of any other New Zealand city, built during the 1950s or so, but the difference is that in Wellington or Auckland or wherever, they're middle to outer suburbs and have no pretensions to being anything other than where people sleep at night and kids go to school. In Hamilton, because until WWII it was only a rural service town and railway junction, those same bland suburbs form much of the inner city.

It's a place where you live rather than a place you do anything, and it's a place you escape if you can. How its population keeps growing is beyond me.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 AM   #527
Refugee

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Hamilton isn't that bad!

Some good malls and its closish to Auckland and other bits of Waikato and Bay of Plenty.

I can't stand Steve Smith so I'm glad the controversial decision went against Aus and that spolit brat captain. NZ were awesome tonight. I was at the game on Saturday and NZ were below par.

Off to the test this weekend.

Love it for Baz for NZ to win, but also to make Smith cry.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:45 AM   #528
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
its closish to Auckland
Not a positive.

And being close to decent places doesn't make somewhere a decent place in and of itself. Huntly isn't that far from the Coromandel or Port Waikato or wherever. It's still the biggest, deepest shithole in New Zealand.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #529
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Notwithstanding the post above, NZ have been very good today to claw back into the game.

My thoughts about Australia's top order have been no secret - a faltering Bailey and Glen Maxwell as 4 and 5 is the weakest our ODI team has ever looked, and they will always get in trouble if they lose 2 early wickets. Sure, they will score 400 every now and then on roads when they get on top. But they can't beat good teams on evenly matched wickets with those two where they are.
Pretty reactionary post. There's been three ODIs. Both of them were exceptional against India, Maxwell played the innings of his career in one of them. I would back them in at four and five more often than not, that's for sure. Not sure who you'd bring in for them but I've got both of them in our best ODI team without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Fuck, guys, it's just starting to really dawn on me that we won't see Brendon McCullum again at international level in the short forms of the game. I think I'm starting to feel a little emotional. He may not be my absolute favourite player - Daniel Vettori is my childhood hero and Kane is just about a deity already, but Vettori played for longer than I expected and I was prepared for his retirement, and obviously Kane has so long ahead of him. Baz... he's been in the team since I was a teenager, and it's weird to see him go when it felt like he surely had a season or two more ahead of him at the highest level. The fearless, uncompromising way he played was entirely his own, and his captaincy gave the New Zealand team the sort of confidence we've never had.

His career stats do not tell the full story of what he's done to turn a rabble into a team that has gone where no Kiwi cricket team has gone before, a team in which we can have as much - maybe even more - pride as we have in the All Blacks. Sometimes you just sit in disbelief when you consider how small New Zealand is and what we have achieved on the global sporting stage. There are many much larger wealthy countries that cannot claim our success. And so much of what we've done on the cricket field in the last couple of years has been driven by BMac's leadership. I don't want to see him go. It's become almost impossible to imagine our ODI side without him coming out and flaying the ball recklessly all around the park. Guppy may share BMac's entertaining strokeplay, but when will we again see somebody who so effortlessly combines showmanship and leadership?

Goodbye Brendon. It really won't be the same without you. May the last two Tests be something even more special.
I'm going to miss him a lot. Wish we'd seen more of him at his peak. Made New Zealand cricket relevant again after a long time in the wilderness. And the way he went about that Test after Hughes died was very impressive.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:17 AM
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #531
Vocal parasite

Shane Warne hits out at Steve Waugh, 'the most selfish cricketer I've played with'

Headline should be "Shane Warne reminds everybody he's a bitter self-centred fuckwit".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #532

Hah. He's hilarious on that show. He's been given the title "captain" of the camp and it's gone to his head. Him and Fev nearly had a punchon, it was hilarious.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:08 AM   #533
Vocal parasite

Headline for your post should be "Cobbler shames self in public, admits he watches I'm a Celebrity".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-09-2016, 12:22 AM   #534

Haha mum tapes it and I'm working from home so inevitably end up watching it with her
Old 02-09-2016, 04:09 AM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

I'm A Celebrity is hardly quality TV, but if it gave us a feud(?) between Barry Hall and Freddie Flintoff it can't all be bad.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #536
ONE
love, blood, life

Love the Shane Warne story. Everything he raised pointed to why he was dropped, and he all but said he has been pissed for 17 years because the captain did his job. He did the selfless thing and told him himself when he could have left it to the selector. Warne is a peanut.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 02-10-2016, 03:34 AM   #537
Refugee

Crowd Goes Wild is an NZ show hosted by Mark Richardson, former NZ opener

See how he ran out Bazza on his debut haha

They were going ape at the Aussies yesterday, it was hilarious, especially at Wade, Smith and Marsh - dunno how Mark Richardson gets away with it as he is a commentator for Sky as well

https://www.facebook.com/CrowdGoesWi...3892265073764/
Old 02-10-2016, 07:03 AM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Advanced Hair Studio now has Jacques Kallis on its commercials, well, the first time I've ever noticed. Incredible.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:31 AM   #539
Refugee

The aussie team has one decent bowler (Hazlewood) and a couple of ok ones (Lyon and Siddle)

This is NZ's greatest ever chance of a whitewash

Come on Kane, Come on Corey destroy them!!!

Glad to see Watling is fit as Ronchi is an Aussie spy who is doing his best to help NZ fail
Old 02-11-2016, 03:17 AM   #540
Vocal parasite

Official Cricket Thread Part 302

Ross Taylor still being injured means our batting is pretty shit. I also appreciated Santner holding his own down the order so it's a shame he's also out. Australia will probably win this, let's say 1-0.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
cricket