Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pakistan beats England at Lord's in the first test match by 75 runs. Misbah scores a first innings century in his Lord's debut, Woakes and Yasir Shah take 10 wickets each, and Pakistan's prodigal son Muhammad Amir takes the final wicket to seal the victory for his country at the scene of his crime and nightmare 6 years ago. Fantastic stuff!

21 year old Kusal Mendis with 150+ against Australian, highest score for a Sri Lankan batsman against Australia in Sri Lanka. That's ... pretty good.

Sri Lanka urgently needs some good young talent too.

NZ skittling Zimbabwe early in their first Test, as if anybody is surprised.

They seemed to see a lot in Mendis seeing as he had only played a handful of FC games for just the one century. Sandakan looks like he might be good too, just need Chameera to get back in and I don't think they will do too badly.

Injuries to Chameera, Prasad and Lakmal and Eranga's action is under investigation. Four of their five first choice Test bowlers alongside Pradeep (who's improved a lot).

I've been commentating on White Line Wireless which has been a blast. Mendis was just amazing today, amazing. Very interesting Test match set up. Nath Lyon 200 wickets too.

Old man Herath weaving a path of destruction on the fifth day. 3 wickets in the first session.

Sri Lanka win! Australia let through something like 20+ maidens in a row.

Definitely deserves it, I'm glad they showed some good fight in the second innings.

Even that innings shows that they deserve more games. Would be a great thing if the likes of themselves and Bangladesh got more games.

The local broadcaster had a technical glitch and couldn't show the game, which is awful.

I'd love a Test championship with tiers.

Aren't we getting that soon? The test championship? I think most teams are in favour of it and it's going to happen from what I understand.

Nah, you're right, it's being 'planned', my bad. I was sure it had been confirmed. It would be a great thing anyway, and absolutely want to see Ireland and Afghanistan playing test cricket.

Huh, I thought the Test tiers thing was a done deal too.

And I feel bad for the person tasked with being enthusiastic on the Black Caps' social media accounts.

^how come?

Some interesting results lately. After getting thrashed in the second Test Pakistan have rolled England for 297 on day one of the third Test, with Sohail Khan - his first Test in five years and only second ever - getting five wickets.

Starc with two early wickets against Sri Lanka.

And the West Indies managed to eke out a draw against India. They were 304 runs down on first innings, but Roston Chase, a 24yo offie who got a Michelle bowling, made 137 not out and there were half-centuries to Blackwood, Dowrich and Holder.

Mendis is doing well to back up his 176 from the first test, and again having to save his side from their poor early position.

Sri Lanka can get bowled out for 100 and that would still leave them in a strong position, geez.

Wow, this is really extraordinary. Herath only the second Sri Lankan to take a Test hat trick (and the first was against Zimbabwe, though back in the 1999-2000 season before they went completely to shit).

I definitely should've tuned in today. Damn work.

it was incredible, I was calling at the time and I have to give credit to commentators, that shit was hard, with so much happening.

They're just going the tonk now. Hilarious that they have such an advantage that 4/79 is not even remotely troubling.

Herath would still have to be one of the more underrated players in world cricket, and I hope that for cricket's sake he doesn't retire too soon.

Sri Lanka are already leading by 300 which is normally pretty difficult, but on this pitch it's very improbable.

I would say that they could have declared with a lead of 200 and comfortably won. Obviously you'd never put the opposition back in but they could have done that and still won, I reckon. We are that bad in the subcontinent.

400 run lead just reached by Sri Lanka. Pretty handy 50-run partnership by Perera and Herath.

Back
Top Bottom