Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I'd been able to stay up and watch it, sounds like a pearler.

If you were a West Indian, why would you bother with Test cricket? Seems like their future, sadly, is in T20.

What a horrible blow to a very promising career. Poor guy.

Also, what's up with that third-last paragraph that at 5'6" Taylor was possibly "too short" to play international cricket? Where does that leave Sachin Tendulkar, who's an inch or two shorter still? Or Brendon McCullum, who's barely an inch taller? Yeah Sachin and BMac clearly needed a few more inches to make it at international level. Come on.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Or Warner. Hell, let's talk about Aravinda de Silva who was 5'3. Cricket is a sport where height should matter relatively little.

If anything, being tall is a disadvantage in getting no ball calls. If you're a seven foot giant, the bowler's got to actually try to bowl a full toss above the waist or repeated bouncers above head height! If you're five foot, every second delivery from a wayward bowler trying for a yorker is going to be a free hit.

This image is still hilarious to me.

226629.jpg

Oh that's a classic indeed.

Also, if you're 7 foot tall you can't really field, see Mohammad Irfan. :wink:

Surely he should just be put right on the boundary and told to catch sixes. :wink:

Like remember that amazing one-handed screamer Vettori took in the World Cup? That was probably about chest-height for Irfan.

So in the IPL, both Kohli and AB got hundreds for RCB ... total score of 248 ...

They're going to get beaten by 10 wickets here but credit to the Lions for their second innings. Close to 500, nearly every batsman got runs. And this is really their first series without at least one of the two batting legends. Shows resolve and it won't be a walk in the park for us next month.

From about the 20-minute mark, you can watch McCullum's fantastic Cowdrey Lecture that he gave today. Runs the gamut from how New Zealand cricket got its soul back, Phil Hughes and corruption.

My favourite part was when he started smashing sixes into the audience.

(Nah, I'll definitely have to listen to this when I have sufficient time)

Back
Top Bottom