Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so grateful I've got the All Blacks, because otherwise I support Wellington in anything.

Ian knows what I mean.

Pull the other one! My entire childhood was Auckland thwarting Wellington's rugby hopes and dreams. The Ranfurly Shield still stings.

True enough.

Now we're a joke. I was there the day we were unbackable favourites and the Shield went to the Bay of Plenty.

Should have stayed in Pukekohe and been a Counties fan. I can still claim it given I'm in their territory.

Oh and don't we in Wellington love Auckland being a joke. But there's always this feeling in the back of our minds that "they'll rise again soon and fuck us over somehow, probably Otago-style in a Super Rugby final". At least that loss to Otago didn't hurt as much because they were the other straggler for so long and we could bond with them about it. But if Auckland beats us? There's an open wound for the next few decades.

Black Caps definitely not having the flashest day so far today.

But there is somebody in the crowd with a great sign: DAVID WARNER LIKES NICKELBACK.

Australia have a much better middle order but New Zealand the superior bowling attack. The final ODI should be a cracker.

Strangely, in Tests the NZ middle order comes good but the openers fall apart. Come on guys, could we at least have consistency in what we need to work on?

Ah, consistency, the elusive hope of every Kiwi cricket fan. All the more reason Kane is already in the New Zealand sporting pantheon.

Australia have a much better middle order but New Zealand the superior bowling attack. The final ODI should be a cracker.

Strangely, in Tests the NZ middle order comes good but the openers fall apart. Come on guys, could we at least have consistency in what we need to work on?

Didn't see the game but it was weird that we won it with Mitch Marsh and John Hastings. Can't imagine NZ being able to win a game six down.

Milne's catch though, phwoarrr!

So, the decider's today. It's McCullum's last ODI hurrah as well. Here's hoping he and Guppy have one of their blinders.

Ronchi will still be in the team today and Watling really must feel hard done by. Ronchi's form with the bat is so poor at the moment it's as if he's begging to be dropped. Sure his glovework is there but Watling's no worse behind the stumps.

BMac just hit his 200th six in ODIs, to go with his 100 sixes in Tests. :up:

Nice start so far, but I'm worried about both Santner and Boult being out today.

I'm missing the Super Bowl just to watch Brendon McCullum's final ODI innings.

Oh wait, I wouldn't watch that crap even if it were the only thing on television ;)

I'm missing the Super Bowl just to watch Brendon McCullum's final ODI innings.

Oh wait, I wouldn't watch that crap even if it were the only thing on television ;)

:up: :up:

That was a Baz innings to the last. Exciting, by turns elegant and ugly, and snuffed out earlier than you wish.

Guppy's looking solid so far. Hope Kane has a better time of it today than he has had so far this series.

Damnit Kane remains out of sorts. What's happened? He didn't struggle against Australia last year. I guess everyone has a dip now and then though.

Guppy needs a big one here and Nicholls to dig in. I'm worried about exposing this middle order.

Surely this is the last we'll see of Ronchi? He had to perform today. He's only passed fifty four times in ODIs - one of those for Australia. Ever since his blistering 170 n.o. in January 2015, he has only reached the 40s once and the 30s twice.

OH AND FUCK THERE GOES ELLIOTT.

It was looking like we'd make 290, but with those two quick wickets I'll now be pleased if we pass 270.

This is turning into a disaster. Milne really should've reviewed.

But yeah apparently the highest chase at Hamilton is 288.

Oh flipping fucking shitbricks. 15 balls. 9 runs. 5 wickets. And we're all out for 246.

Can't see Australia losing this. Mediocre farewell for Baz.

Ross Taylor can't come back soon enough.

This could be game on yet. Australia 3/94 with their review wasted and Khawaja, Warner, and Smith all back in the shed.

Please please please let our hopelessly depleted bowling attack pull this off. It'll be a real stunner given we're without Boult and Southee (our first-choice pacemen), McClenaghan (who may be third choice on his day, at least until Henry took his opportunity by the horns), and Santner (who is somehow our best spinner right now).

MAKE THAT 4/94 WITH MAXWELL BACK IN THE SHED TOO!

Back
Top Bottom