Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodbye Michael Hussey. I wish I hadn't been so infuriated by the unbearable hype when you first debuted in the Australian team so I could've enjoyed those years as much as I came to enjoy the rest of your career.

Well that was an exciting finish, but the Thunder were rarely in doubt for the double. Like I said, Stars needed 10-20 more.

McClenaghan has been smashed in the face by the ball while trying to pull it according to Cricinfo. It flew through the gap and into the region around his eye, so hard that part of the grille dislodged. Hope he's okay, he's walked off the ground himself.

NZ have done well to get to 8/280 from 6/99.

Fuck they weren't even 200 when it was like the 42nd over! That's astonishing.

Cool to see the Thunder get a double win. The WBBL was a huge success.

South Africa doing well too finally, great to see Rabada get a 7fa :up:

And he is nearly 37 years old. Whatta man.

Three of the most immortal words in cricket commentary, courtesy of Ian Smith: "Grant Elliott, superman!"

I really can't imagine changing this avatar.

So Pakistan collapsed for 210. Wow, great result for us after 6/99. Boult now the #1 bowler in the world, apparently, having taken four wickets today - comes as a surprise to me, since I've felt he's not recaptured his World Cup form. Though today's effort is very encouraging, and Elliott sure chipped in nicely with three wickets too.

Yeah, I remember him from the World Cup.

Also, the women's T20 between Australia and India is on 9. Great stuff.

Great stats. I should've watched some of the Test. England all out for 101 oh dear.

Meanwhile in the T20I, Kohli is in great form. And I will punch the next commentator to call Tait the "wild thing".

Great stuff from Kohli again. Love him so much.

Yeah, I remember him from the World Cup.

Also, the women's T20 between Australia and India is on 9. Great stuff.

There was some embarrassing fielding, but it's great to see. Hopefully money continues to get poured into women's cricket.

Shame Kohli didn't quite get a century, but damn that was a good knock. Nice cameo by Dhoni too, maybe his most worthwhile contribution so far this tour! They've definitely set Australia a decent target.

I think everything else Dhoni did in the ODI series is just blocked out in my mind by "check out the shit captaincy".

Nice to see Chris Lynn in Australian colours, huh.

Haha see ya Twatto. Australia suddenly in trouble after a very good start.

Starc is literally our only hope of getting past the group stage in the World T20 and he likely won't play. If we're struggling against spin tonight we're fucking rooted in India. Hopefully an Associate nation knocks us out.

When Pandya had bowled 1.5 overs I said to myself that he needed the next ball to be a wicket or he'd be dropped - not just not get to bowl another ball this evening, but be gone from the team.

Next two balls = two wickets.

It was hilarious because two seconds earlier Heals was like "this will be his last ball he's been rubbish" boom took the wicket that changed the game.

India's fielding has improved out of sight since the first few ODIs.

For once Heals wasn't entirely wrong. Pandya had a shocker up until then - but then he turned the game. What a comprehensive win in the end. Can't believe India right now have both Rahane and Harbhajan sitting on the sidelines hoping for a gig,

No, wasn't saying he was, it was just kinda funny. They don't need Harbhajan. With him AND Ashish Nehra I thought it was 2004 all over again.

Rabada's 13/144 the second best ever RSA figures. The only man better? Another black man, Ntini. :)

His test bowling average has received a massive boost. I can't believe he is a few months younger than me.

Mark Taylor touting the upcoming series of Big Bang Theory has to be an all-time low in cricket commentary.

Looks like it's time for another Australian T20 collapse.

Oh Jadeja that's a caught and bowled and a half. Will Watson ask for a review?

Watson is the fucking captain for the final T20? It's like Australia are asking the world to hate their team.

At least Khawaja's FINALLY in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom