Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Who a few hours ago thought that a New Zealander would score a double century and post the highest World Cup score ever!

Let's recover from that breathtaking Guptill knock and continue.

Thanks to that innings his average has gone from 37 to just above 40.

All I can think about right now is Guptill vs Morkel. McCullum vs Steyn. Williamson vs Tahir. Amla vs Southee. AB vs Boult. du Plessis vs Vettori.

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!! :hyper:

I loved Guptill remarking that the job was only half done. No mate, I think you made sure the job is almost totally done.

And Boult strikes with his second ball! Time to shut the Windies down.

Only just realised I accidentally posted in the old thread. :lol:

But uugghhhh why did we waste our review! Nobody but Southee seemed confident of that. Silly.

Wow, Gayle just hit three consecutive sixes off Vettori. How do you even do that?! I'm just a little offended!

It's kind of annoying how Gayle only really bothers to hit sixes?

Look at when he tries to run though! :lol:

I'm not sure if NZ will dismiss him or if he will retire hurt after a leg falls off.

Hey Axver, is Kane going to get replaced with Guptill in your profile picture now? ;)

Haha I thought about it, but there was nothing quite like THAT six. I will never forget that.

Now, if we win the Cup, then yes there will be a new avatar!

YESSSSSS

Milne I take back every suggestion you don't deserve your place!

Gayle's gone! Massive wicket, gotta think he was the only one who could give the target a proper crack.

Hahaa yea and that's a pretty amazing picture, with the ball visibly being launched into orbit off Kane's bat.

The Gaylestorm is over. Whatever little chance the Windies still had is surely gone now.

Hahaa yea and that's a pretty amazing picture, with the ball visibly being launched into orbit off Kane's bat.

I can still hear in my mind the crack of that six. I know some people had a heart attack that it might fall short, but the moment it left the bat I knew it was a maximum.

I'm still mildly worried about how much resistance Sammy can muster, but definitely more relaxed now Gayle is gone.

And now Southee is among the wickets too! He deserves it after what Gayle did to a whole bunch of perfectly good balls earlier.

Got to give it to the Windies - they have finally equalled Guptill!

Absolutely stoked to not only win a World Cup knock-out game for just the second time ever, but to do it in such emphatic style.

Bring on the Saffers. I'm going to be nervous for the next three days.

Whoever wins will play in the grand final for the first time ever. Neither has ever won a semi before - even though New Zealand hold the joint record for making the most semis!

I'm backing South Africa to beat the Black Caps. They're just too good, too much class, and AB is unstoppable.

And I reckon India will knock off the Aussies. Yep. India are rejuvenated and will want revenge on the biggest stage for what happened over summer. Also, Australia have never lost a semi. It's about time that happened.

Back
Top Bottom