NRL Uber-Thread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #166
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:49 PM
just fyi, if you're going to semi-troll the thread, don't gloat about it in another thread i read.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
what part can't you believe btw?

now that i've read the story, it's an incredible overreaction by the club. it's worthy of a fine, but 50k? good lord. especially given what he's being paid now, that's a huge chunk of his income.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #168
45:33

Local Time: 08:49 PM
my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
what part can't you believe btw?

now that i've read the story, it's an incredible overreaction by the club. it's worthy of a fine, but 50k? good lord. especially given what he's being paid now, that's a huge chunk of his income.
same thing, that he got fined 50k for trying to hook in with a girl. i get that it's against their conduct code, and with all the controversies and whatnot, but to hear them say they were thinking of sacking him altogether... that's ridiculous.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #169
ONE
love, blood, life

COBL, about the leagues problems, they are being magnified enourmously by a ravenous media that have no regard for content. Melbourne only hear negative stories, because they like to think the AFL is better behaved, and more popular. In the end, this case, and even the Sharks case, nothing happened that was illegal. If a player broke club rules, the club deals with it, and its over. If he acted fully within the bounds of the law, it isnt a scandal, its not even worthy of column inches.

If we really want to fire shots accross the bow, I could say a fair bit about the AFL's drugs policy. It virtually invites players to use. The first instance, players are told by the testers not to do it again. The second instance the club doctors and management are told, the thrid instance the AFL and media are told.

It is a baseball rule where you get 3 goes. SOmething as serious as drugs should be a hard and fast fine/suspension immediately
Old 06-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #170
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
COBL, about the leagues problems, they are being magnified enourmously by a ravenous media that have no regard for content. Melbourne only hear negative stories, because they like to think the AFL is better behaved, and more popular. In the end, this case, and even the Sharks case, nothing happened that was illegal. If a player broke club rules, the club deals with it, and its over. If he acted fully within the bounds of the law, it isnt a scandal, its not even worthy of column inches.

If we really want to fire shots accross the bow, I could say a fair bit about the AFL's drugs policy. It virtually invites players to use. The first instance, players are told by the testers not to do it again. The second instance the club doctors and management are told, the thrid instance the AFL and media are told.

It is a baseball rule where you get 3 goes. SOmething as serious as drugs should be a hard and fast fine/suspension immediately
you also failed to mention that almost everything being intensified this year happened years ago. the group sex in christchurch was 2002 - seven years ago! zappia was a year or two. the league wasn't in a pretty place between 02-04, and everyone can admit that. but that was the better part of five years ago - if this is the best (or worst) that can be found to slam the nrl, it's a bit pissweak.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #171

Just to clear up here, I really haven't meant to start a war here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post

Point taken. And yours too there, Ian. Rugby gets woeful coverage down here, the only things we've heard so far have been the Johns, Zappia and now Clinton stories, so yeah. It's the way they're playing it out down here, not sure how it is up there. I was on Johns' side in the gang-bang business.

You certainly could, as there is literally nothing stopping an AFL player from taking drugs one or twice, nothing at all. The fact is that drugs and/or alcohol abuse is rampant.

It's worth remembering that Ben Cousins has yet to test positive.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #172
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Just to clear up here, I really haven't meant to start a war here.
that's fine, but don't brag somewhere else about the responses you get - it doesn't reflect well on your intentions.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #173

righto. will try to conduct myself better and in the open in the future.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #174
Blue Crack Supplier

meanwhile, i'm surprised to read just how close the broncos game was to being postponed.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #175
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:49 AM
no mention of the warriors win yesterday?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
no mention of the warriors win yesterday?
anyone watching on tv would have fallen asleep while the result was still in doubt and thus still don't know who won
Old 06-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #177

tomane's gone

another one! fuck!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #178
War Child

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Fail = the knights, I never saw the game but wow!

Even the panthers did better then that, at least they scored.

Its a shame the panthers didn't beat manly, they had promoted the pink thing for a while around penrith and then they went and lost the game.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 AM   #179
Blue Crack Supplier

it's a stupid sport anyway
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #180

How did this thread die? What a fucking awesome game of rugby league on Wednesday night. Great to watch.

Although, local AFL journo Damian Barrett wrote this article, and I'd like to know what you think ian, because I agree with him.

AdelaideNow... How can you do this and get away with it?

Tags
nrl