NRL Uber-Thread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #151
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
true, but we'll cope.
exactly
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #152
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,042
Local Time: 11:47 PM
get up and about !! it's origin time!!

very disappointed there was no roy an hg. hg hasn't been on triple m for a bit, wonder where he is. anyway.

what shocking umpiring on wednesday night.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 10:17 PM
So, uh, I'm interested in getting more into the league. I'm just wondering what team I should support? I'm leaning towards the Warriors because they're not part of the eastern states, and I like New Zealand, but then again, I thought it'd be good to go for Parramatta or something because they've got Eagles colours. Don't really care about current ladders or whatever, but chances are, due to circumstances, I'll be playing and talking more Rugby in the coming months, so I thought it'd be good to start focusing on both League and Union a bit more.

Anyway, whoever yells the name of their team loudest wins. I'm not going for Cronulla, though. Sorry, rules are rules. I don't like the fact that they're bustling in on our territory.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #154
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 10:47 PM
whatever you do . . . no roosters or sea eagles . . . two of the most hated teams in the league . . .silvertails and all that jazz . . .and no sharkies or bulldoggies either (although el masri is magic )

I actually know more about league than I care to admit - thanks in large part to league obsessed husband - quite like watching the bunnies when they're in form and have a soft spot for the knights . . .Parra always good if you like your footballers with no teeth (i kid), and if nathan hindmarsh is still with em he's a bloody fantastic player to watch!

am duty bound to urge you to scream, at the top of your lungs

c'arn the bunnies



(and if my husband ever finds out I posted in an nrl thread, well, I'm coming after whoever dibber dobbed me in )
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
So, uh, I'm interested in getting more into the league. I'm just wondering what team I should support? I'm leaning towards the Warriors because they're not part of the eastern states, and I like New Zealand, but then again, I thought it'd be good to go for Parramatta or something because they've got Eagles colours. Don't really care about current ladders or whatever, but chances are, due to circumstances, I'll be playing and talking more Rugby in the coming months, so I thought it'd be good to start focusing on both League and Union a bit more.

Anyway, whoever yells the name of their team loudest wins. I'm not going for Cronulla, though. Sorry, rules are rules. I don't like the fact that they're bustling in on our territory.
you just can't say no to a team with this dude in it






also, parramatta are kinda scummy and don't support a sydney club because who in their right mind would
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #156
War Child
 
Zoobaby14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydneeeyyy!
Posts: 568
Local Time: 12:47 PM
Well what a disapointment origin was.

But on the upside Panthers won!

Just on a side note: I hate men who think just becuase I'm a girl I can't talk about footy like they do.
__________________
Zoobaby14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 10:17 PM
Thanks for the advice, Purple - but I decided early on that any team called the "rabbitohs" could not be worth less of my time. The ugly Christmas theme nails it. Also, I know nothing about South Sydney. Sorry!

Ian, you bring up three good points that I have taken into consideration. I was going to pick whichever team was playing the Sharks in Hindmarsh next, but I'm pretty sure that's not until next year - I know they lost against the Cowboys earlier this year there, though, but Queensland is kind of dodgy. The fact that the QLD, ACT and NSW teams are out of the question is kinda a problem, and I know deep inside that I could never root for a Melbourne team, so I'm very much leaning towards the Warriors. I did feel some genuine disappointment about their loss today, but it might have had more to do with the fact that Cronulla won. In any case, I'll keep you guys updated.

You see, my sister's boyfriend recently arrived from Britain. He's a very nice chap, and he's keen on union and league, so I thought it would be the done thing and get into them both a bit more. In the meantime, I have to teach him Aussie Rules, so everybody wins. Also, to be frank - all the recent controversies made the game a lot more attractive, or at least interesting to me. Must be the Eagles thing.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #158
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
you just can't say no to a team with this dude in it





also, parramatta are kinda scummy and don't support a sydney club because who in their right mind would
yes you can (say no) and funnily enough if there were no sydney teams there would be no comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobaby14 View Post
Well what a disapointment origin was.
.. . it was dericulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Thanks for the advice, Purple - but I decided early on that any team called the "rabbitohs" could not be worth less of my time. The ugly Christmas theme nails it. Also, I know nothing about South Sydney. Sorry!


(although I see your point about the garish christmas theme!!!)

you could always go for the good ole west tigers . . . yes they are a little to close to your 'beloved' sharks on the ladder but usually pretty good value & taps into that whole grass roots / foundation club / working class battler vein that most people seem to love . . . and you could 'roar' at the opposition 'like a tiger' . ..

(sorry, v bad joke . .. going now, see ya)
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #159
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
So, uh, I'm interested in getting more into the league. I'm just wondering what team I should support? I'm leaning towards the Warriors because they're not part of the eastern states, and I like New Zealand,
come on, you know you wanna be a warriors fan!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #160
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 10:47 PM
^ you is soooooooooo biased
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
yes you can (say no) and funnily enough if there were no sydney teams there would be no comp
well, in that case



little dude is the man!





don't support a sydney team, almost any of them can go bust any moment!
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #162
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 10:47 PM
^ . . . much prettier that's for sure . . . but he's still a warrior
(although, would rather a team of warriors win the comp than those tricked up ponies from melbourne )

but if we're talking pretty . . . bunnies would take the prize anyway



__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #163
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,042
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Clinton fined $50,000 by the Broncos
cannot believe this.

why's no one mentioned the sharks ceo?

nrl in major strife this year!
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Clinton fined $50,000 by the Broncos
cannot believe this.

why's no one mentioned the sharks ceo?

nrl in major strife this year!
because this thread isn't as busy as the afl one, and i haven't seen much mention of the afl controversies over there. if you want to start that kind of crap.

nobody mentioned him because we no doubt all agree he's a tool.

in major strife. jesus, would you like to overreact a little bit more?
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #165
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,042
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
because this thread isn't as busy as the afl one, and i haven't seen much mention of the afl controversies over there. if you want to start that kind of crap.

nobody mentioned him because we no doubt all agree he's a tool.

in major strife. jesus, would you like to overreact a little bit more?
not trying to start a war or anything here, mate, don't take it the wrong way. it just seems the nrl's plagued by controversies this year, to the point where it's dominating, certainly seems that way in melbourne anyway.

fair point
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nrl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com