NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was left off Team USA for some inexplicable reason, especially after the great playoff run he had, so he's taking a shot at US management.

Ah. I thought that was it.

Probably Tort's fault. Being the tough guy he thinks he is... kinda like iron man Mike Keenan. He's a dick.

SlBGJvT.jpg

My understanding is that he was left off the team before he decided on having surgery and that the surgery had nothing to do with the decision. Because Torts is a piece of shit.

My understanding is that he was left off the team before he decided on having surgery and that the surgery had nothing to do with the decision. Because Torts is a piece of shit.

.....................With a Stanley Cup ring..........

Suitably heartbreaking start for the Leafs.

Meanwhile, we had this game on lock until we decided to take out everyone on the Blues' roster one by one.

Well, it was a disappointing end but not all that surprising. I am still expecting another year or two of painful losses before this team really starts to show major improvements.

At least it was entertaining, other than our new goalie who looked pretty terrible... Its the first game and all so I'll wait to pass judgment on him for now.

Yeah, if Matthews is the real deal, just look how long it took the Crosby/Malkin Penguins to mature. A season or two before they didn't still suck.

on the 6:00 news last night (before the game) the reporter mentioned on a live hit from real sports (the shitty generic sports bar across the plaza in front of the arena) that it's going to be a rebuilding year and that even contending for the playoffs would be a very nice success, but really the most interesting aspect to the season will be to see how matthews plays - then he goes to interview some douchey drunk fans who all said the leafs were a complete lock to win the cup, no hesitation. reporter says something like "hold on a sec, this guy is a rookie and saying he's going to lead the team to win a cup is a bit of a stretch" and they all double down. he's hockey jesus.

then the guy scores four goals.

i'm glad i didn't know any of those people because today i would have surely punched them in the face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom