NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Several reports out today that the Coyotes could be moving to Utah! Would be so fucking awesome to have an NHL team here. I really hope it happens.

Several reports out today that the Coyotes could be moving to Utah! Would be so fucking awesome to have an NHL team here. I really hope it happens.
This is wild. That arena is not built for hockey at all. They need to push the baseline risers in just to have the rink (barely) fit.

GettyImages-1708746961.jpg

Yeah they will need a new arena ASAP. Ryan Smith unveiled plans a few months ago for a new downtown arena near the Delta Center for the Jazz and a future NHL team, so plans are in the works. They could also possibly play temporarily at the 12,600 seat Maverik Center in the west suburbs which was the main hockey venue for the 2002 Olympics and where currently the ECHL Grizzlies play.

Quebeckers are BIG MAD at this news lol.

I just hope that the team can finally get a nice arena and a solid fanbase wherever they end up. I wanted to like the Coyotes since day one but they've really been a flop of a franchise (except for their logo) and the city of Phoenix (slash Tempe slash Glendale slash etc) certainly did them no favours.

Yeah they will need a new arena ASAP. Ryan Smith unveiled plans a few months ago for a new downtown arena near the Delta Center for the Jazz and a future NHL team, so plans are in the works. They could also possibly play temporarily at the 12,600 seat Maverik Center in the west suburbs which was the main hockey venue for the 2002 Olympics and where currently the ECHL Grizzlies play.
The best part about the Delta Center is that it's built specifically for basketball and not hockey - so the crowd is right on top of the court. Would be a shame if they made a new building and couldn't keep that same atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom