NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that would be quite the storyline if the Isles made it to the Cup in the "final" season of The Barn. I can't believe I'm such a dumbass and forgot they advanced to the conference finals last season. Guess I was excited that they won. Anyway, in my world, the Isles never played in that shitty-for-hockey arena in Brooklyn. Finally, since like 1972, they're getting an arena suitable for modern pro sports and its spectators. The Coliseum was too small since Day One. But, loud as a motherfucker. Saw my first U2 show there in 1992. I think it was last time they played on the Island.
Coliseum was/is a great place to see a show. Saw my first concert there - Billy Joel on the River of Dreams Tour when I was like 12 - which is a requirement of all persons born on Long Island to do at least once. Also saw a great Springsteen show there in 2009, and one of the best Pearl Jam shows I've ever been to - the infamous Bu$hleaguer show.

Place is louuuud. Definitely comparable with the Garden for crowd noise.

Know what's fucked up? I've never scene Billy Joel live. None of my friends were huge BJ fans so we never thought about going. I wanted to see him for Storm Front, but my brother took his future wife instead. Lol! Then, by the time I wanted to go, the tix were out of my price range.

But, like you said, the Coliseum gets as loud as MSG, so the Barn will be rocking for Round 3. Go Isles!

tenor.gif

It was cool seeing them celebrate in front of fans. As an Islander fan, it was tough to see TB dominate Montreal while the Isles gave TB more of a challenge to say the least.

a panthers vs maple leafs eastern conference final would make so many peoples' heads explode that now i'm rooting super hard for that outcome for the remainder of the season.

Can we just pause for a moment while we still can and appreciate that the two cup finalists are -5 and -15 on goal differentials to start the season??

Can we just pause for a moment while we still can and appreciate that the two cup finalists are -5 and -15 on goal differentials to start the season??

Certainly backs up the argument that Montreal was a fraud finalist due to the unique schedule/division alignment of last season.

Back
Top Bottom