NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i saw a dude walking around maple leaf square with a brand new leafs tavares jersey at 2:00 this afternoon. the hype train has already barreled out of the station.

As an Islander fan, I'm disappointed that JT has signed with Toronto, but I can definitely understand it. The Islanders are a franchise that has been plagued with uncertainty for decades now. They've made improvements to the team where it looks like they're going to advance to the next level, but then falter and never recover. The Islanders (and their fans) need to move on and attempt to right the ship. Don't blame JT. Blame Bettman and all of those assholes who thought moving the team to Brooklyn was a good idea.

Gary Bettman: somehow blamed for Garth Snow and an awfully managed franchise.

Seriously, I get its fun to joke, but when will Bettman be given the credit he deserves? He’s a good commissioner.

bettman is a double decker turd sandwich of a slimy lawyer but he's really done well by the game of hockey. it's hilarious that he gets booed every time he takes a mic in front of hockey fans but tbh the league wouldn't be what it is without him.

Gary Bettman: somehow blamed for Garth Snow and an awfully managed franchise.

Seriously, I get its fun to joke, but when will Bettman be given the credit he deserves? He’s a good commissioner.

I'm not blaming Bettman for the Isles' mismanagement. I'm blaming him for believing (along with Isles executives) that Barclays was a suitable arena for hockey. It's a complicated mess. The Isles needed a new arena, but Barclays wasn't the answer. And a new arena might not be built for another few years. I don't blame JT for leaving. Too much instability and uncertainty in the Isles organization.

The biggest news in the NHL is... the Flyers' mascot? That thing is hideous/hilarious. I don't know if its the worst mascot ever, but its gotta be up there.

Back
Top Bottom