NHL 2014-2015 Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CLBixElUsAAzooo.jpg

Just a graph saying what percentage of picks from rounds 1-3 or 4-7 ended up playing at least 100 games in the NHL. Came from an article on Lamariello's tenure in Jersey but I thought it interesting.

I'm not sure. It's a pretty shitty graph overall for anything beyond the difference between how teams do in rounds 1-3 and 4-7. There's nothing about actually quality of the player. It could very well be that some bad teams are less inclined to give up on their draft picks, both because they have less talent blocking the way and because they're desperate to make it work.

I remember watching him play in junior in Halifax, he was by far the best player on the team (until they traded for Brad Marchand halfway through Voracek's second season) but the kid to watch that year in the QMJHL was a guy by the name of Claude Giroux. The talk about Voracek was that he was a good junior player but his ceiling was likely as a full-time AHLer with the occasional callup.

I feel old.

I'm not sure why it needs explanation. You can't hear a story about Kane off the ice without him coming off like a drunken, entitled douchebag. I'm not saying that makes one automatically a rapist, but if you had to name a player in the NHL who would be involved in something like this, Kane would be right at the top of the list.

I'm not trying to rip on Chicago or their fans. It would take a fool to deny Kane is a tremendous talent.

He certainly comes across as an alcoholic. Not ready to take the jump from "alcoholic" to "rapist" though.

Back
Top Bottom