NHL 2014-2015 Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to give Q the benefit of the doubt, but I think the quality of Vermette and Teravainen's play tonight is more evidence of game 3 being a mistake than those two having "fresh legs" tonight.

The Hawks have a lot of heart. The series is gonna come down to game 6. If they can pull one out at home, I really think they can steal this series.

Q...I don't even want to talk about that guy. I hope he has the players more prepared for the 1st period than he did tonight.

Last edited:
Crawford was playing too far out of the goal again and we lost, I mean, what else is new? Those last two goals were both scored because he was near the edge (actually one of them he was completely outside of) the crease.

Crawford was playing too far out of the goal again and we lost, I mean, what else is new? Those last two goals were both scored because he was near the edge (actually one of them he was completely outside of) the crease.

The two reasons why they lost:

1. The entire first period.

2. Bickell is a dipshit. Crawford was far out because he couldn't imagine anyone being stupid or lazy enough to dump the puck off the way he did.

The two reasons why they lost:

1. The entire first period.

2. Bickell is a dipshit. Crawford was far out because he couldn't imagine anyone being stupid or lazy enough to dump the puck off the way he did.

You mean the entire first period where three goals were scored? There's no scenario in this game where Crawford isn't at fault. The fact is, he's a great goalie most of the time, but when he sucks, he really really sucks. This was one of those games where he really really sucked. Still, NBC and their split screen with him and Darling was driving me crazy. I don't know what their issue is with their Hawks narrative, but it's getting old. During the first intermission they were suggesting Q should just give the game up and get ready to go back to Chicago. Please. Now, in reality, yeah they lost the game, but who gives a shit, it was a great comeback and ideally it doesn't end the way it does, but obviously it wasn't ideal. Doesn't mean that was a game to be given up on.

General point: I hate how much Crawford plays outside the goal. I always feel that way. I wasn't the only one at the bar tonight yelling at him to get back in the goal either, so I know I'm not alone in feelings that way.

6 giveaways in the first period. 0 shots in the first 13 minutes. I think we lost something like 8 faceoffs in a row. That's an utter embarrassment on every level. Not SCF caliber, that's for sure. If Q had dumped Crawford, he should have dumped a number of others first.

6 giveaways in the first period. 0 shots in the first 13 minutes. I think we lost something like 8 faceoffs in a row. That's an utter embarrassment on every level. Not SCF caliber, that's for sure. If Q had dumped Crawford, he should have dumped a number of others first.

Yeah, I recognize that the entire first period was a shit show, don't get me wrong. I'm just still seething because it was SUCH an exciting ending and it flatlined so quickly.

It's a razor thin line between a game going to 3OT and OT ending in the first minute. A lot of our goals this series have come from takeaways or huge gaps in the Anaheim D and, sure enough, Bickell gets the assist on an easy goal.

One of the things I love about watching good hockey teams play is how many little details add up to great defense. A skate not being in the right place to block can lead to a goal. A man not being near the crease for a rebound (say, Marcus Kruger) can lead to a huge missed opportunity. So when you're making a HUGE mistake like handing the puck to the other team in your defensive zone, you know something bad is likely to happen.

I know the Ducks still won, but Andersen turned in one of the worst goaltending performances I've ever seen last night.

True enough, but he has been solid all playoffs. Cool under pressure (usually)....reminds me a bit of Price. I would bet he will not let that game bother him, and will be back on form next game (which will be bad news for the Hawks)

Andersen put up that performance following a five-goal performance in game 4. He's definitely not the brick wall he was the first three games.

Not that it will matter if the Hawks keep having stretches of 10+ minutes with no shots at all.

Game 6 score: Hawks 7, Ducks 5

Game 7 score: 8-8 ∞OT, no winner, everyone dies of old age

Lightning win the cup

Cool under pressure (usually)....reminds me a bit of Price.

I always find it funny when people say this. Price had the exact opposite reputation all the way back to Junior until the Olympics. One tournament and it's a near-universal complete 180 on the guy.

I always find it funny when people say this. Price had the exact opposite reputation all the way back to Junior until the Olympics. One tournament and it's a near-universal complete 180 on the guy.

You're wrong. That's been his reputation since his junior hockey days. Right from the very beginning, it seemed like nothing really fazed him, he was as cool as can be on the ice. It rubbed some the wrong way because he seemed to be almost nonchalant in his demeanour, sort of like he didn't really care. But that's just his personality, and it helps the team in front of him when the goalie never gets too high or too low.

What? No, it definitely hasn't.

I distinctly remember when he first started there were rumbles after the very first playoff exit about whether he could handle the pressure. A few years later there was the incident where he was getting booed by the home Montreal fans at the end of a playoff game and he threw his hands up in frustration and all offseason that clip was used to show how Carey Price could never keep his composure in big games and he'll never be the goalie that they can count on in high pressure situations, he's good in the regular season and blows in the playoffs a la Peyton Manning, ad nauseum. This shit happened all the way up till last year when the Olympics happened, and now he's Mr Cold-as-ice, cool under pressure.

It certainly was not the other way around, especially all the way back to junior. Now I'm not saying it was deserved in the least, I'm just saying he had a reputation among hockey journalists and general (non-Habs) fans as being susceptible to crumble under pressure.

Agree to disagree, Dave. I've been watching him since the beginning. He won a Calder Cup when he was 19. Has he had hiccups? Sure, but his playing style has always been described as being cool, almost to the point of nonchalance.

Game 7 all around.

Go for it, Ashley! Won't be like in Chicago, but fun nonetheless.

Imagine they go to overtime, with a chance to move on to the Stanley Cup final on the line. How intense would that be?

Despite my pessimism, I guess this series was always going to go to 7. Unquestionably the two best teams in the conference and they're very evenly matched.

The eastern conference winner is in for a whale of a challenge regardless of who wins.

Last edited:
I'll probably just hit up the Chicago sports bar in Burbank. As much as I'd absolutely love to go, I really do want to see U2 again this weekend. I watched game 5 there and the atmosphere was fantastic. It was nice to be around fans.

But I know if I'm not at the U2 show, I'm going to spend the whole day stalking stubhub anyways....:shifty:

Agree to disagree, Dave. I've been watching him since the beginning. He won a Calder Cup when he was 19. Has he had hiccups? Sure, but his playing style has always been described as being cool, almost to the point of nonchalance.

Fair enough, I certainly can't say what his rep has been like among Habs fans. :hi5:

Go Ducks, and go Bolts. Win me $360.

Back
Top Bottom