NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Yeah it was a pretty intense game. And that save that Fleury made with like 2 seconds to go in the 3rd period was sooooo awesome!! I got rid of my shift at work just to watch the game and I'm not even a fan of those two teams(I'm a Sens fan:reject:)

Are you in Ottawa? I was there for 8 years before finally breaking free last summer and moving to Toronto :yes:

What do you think will happen to Heatley?

sorry or this late response but good game for the pens, as an avs fan i love seeing the wings lose and hope hossa never gets a ring :down:

GREAT save by fleury at the end of the game, i was at a house with a lot of people watching and we all went crazy. :hyper:

Looks like it's going to be Philadelphia and Boston at Fenway Park in the Winter Classic outdoor game on Jan. 1.

It was originally going to be Montreal at Fenway, but the Habs brass begged off that game because they're reportedly lobbying the NHL to hold a game at the Olympic Stadium against Toronto in late November (the 100th anniversary of their first game is on Dec. 4).

Draft :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Prediction
1. NYI: Viktor Hedman
2. TB: Trades down to 7th with TOR for Kaberle and another D (Kubina?), TOR takes John Tavares (this will probably not happen, but Brian Burke has pulled off more ridiculous trades on draft day. If TB still has the pick, they will probably take Tavares and trade Lecavalier for a #1 D-man)
3. COL: Matt Duchene
4. ATL: Evander Kane
5. LA: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
6. PHX: Jared Cowen
7. TOR: Brayden Schenn (If TB is picking here, that throws the whole thing off)
8. DAL: Dmitri Kulikov
9. OTT: Nazem Kadri
10. EDM: Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson

After that, it's a crap shoot.

ETA: God bless Twitter. I've been following Darren Dreger since yesterday and he's putting out trade rumours and news before anyone else (he's roaming around the draft floor talking to GM's). Ducks and Flyers are talking trade for Chris Pronger right now :ohmy:

Bettman walked on stage to open the proceedings, and was immediately and loudly booed. :lol: his reaction was "merci pour la bienvenue" :lmao:

ETA: Pronger for Lupul, Sbisa, 1st Rd Pick 2009, 1st Rd Pick 2010, and a conditional 3rd Rd Pick in 2010. Flyers gave up a bit too much if you ask me, should have kept next year's 1st round choice.

The Islanders are making interesting moves, and good on them because a strong team on the Island can only be good for hockey.

I wonder what Beav is thinking.:hmm:

I spent most of the past few days thinking he'd pick Duchene, which would be fine long term, but the poor kid was going to get booed when they announced him. Then Garth Snow turned out to be as good as I hoped he was and shocked people by doing the obvious. I'll tell you what - I loved that he kept it quiet as it made the draft real exciting, but man, thinking he was going to pick someone that needs years of development bugged the shit out of me.

I'll also add - long term, say in 5-10 years, I think Duchene would probably be the better pick. But the Isle's need goals, so Tavares was the way to go. If in a few years he turns into a Marion Hossa type - great. You can trade a guy like that and get great return. Any way you cut it, it was the best choice. I know nothing about the guy he tok at 12, but I think he probably could have got him at 16...

Phew.

Bettman walked on stage to open the proceedings, and was immediately and loudly booed. :lol: his reaction was "merci pour la bienvenue" :lmao:

ETA: Pronger for Lupul, Sbisa, 1st Rd Pick 2009, 1st Rd Pick 2010, and a conditional 3rd Rd Pick in 2010. Flyers gave up a bit too much if you ask me, should have kept next year's 1st round choice.

Way too much. Pronger's 34, and we gave up next year's first rounder for him. I don't care at all about Lupul, but losing Sbisa hurts, too.

Way too much. Pronger's 34, and we gave up next year's first rounder for him. I don't care at all about Lupul, but losing Sbisa hurts, too.

That was exactly my thinking...I liked the little we saw of Sbisa and I hate to lose him.

So, in one day we lose Khabibulin and Havlat and sign Hossa. Upgrade? Downgrade? Wash?

It's a wash at worst, an upgrade at best. If the 'Hawks young backup goaltender, Corey Crawford, progresses in his development and can carry more of the workload, then the Khabibulin loss will not be felt.

As for Hossa/Havlat, the one major plus in Hossa's favour is that he's not injury prone like Havlat is, and he'll produce a bit more offence, at least during the regular season.

I read a joke yesterday: A Chicago Starbucks unveiled a new drink in honour of Hossa after the signing announcement. It's served without any cups.

:wink:

seems like a downgrade to me... Hossa is very hot/cold depending on his mood...

I have no idea who the hell the Leafs signed so far - I'm pretty used to it by now though.

Biggest signing by the Leafs yesterday was former Montreal defenceman Mike Kimisarek to a 5-year, $22.5 million deal.

I'm glad he went to Toronto. It means he will definitely not be coming back to haunt Montreal during the playoffs.

I read a joke yesterday: A Chicago Starbucks unveiled a new drink in honour of Hossa after the signing announcement. It's served without any cups.

:wink:
I'm glad he went to Toronto. It means he will definitely not be coming back to haunt Montreal during the playoffs.

I don't get the joke. Is it because Hossa has no testicles?

The second comment there is quite funny. lol. There was a rumor going 'round that Komi was signing with the Rangers, and man, that would suck. I would probably rather have Komisarek score the game winner in Game 7 o the SC finals against the Isle's than have him play for the Rangers - because Ranger fans suck that much. If they had both Long Island guys...ugh. It'd be awful.

Isles signed Roloston and a bunch of AHL guys. Fellas, I hate to gloat, but, seriously - The.Cup.Is.Ours.*

* :(

The second comment there is quite funny. lol. There was a rumor going 'round that Komi was signing with the Rangers, and man, that would suck. I would probably rather have Komisarek score the game winner in Game 7 o the SC finals against the Isle's than have him play for the Rangers - because Ranger fans suck that much. If they had both Long Island guys...ugh. It'd be awful.

Isles signed Roloston and a bunch of AHL guys. Fellas, I hate to gloat, but, seriously - The.Cup.Is.Ours.*

* :(

Yeah, how great would it have been if Komisarek and Higgins had gone to the Island? I wonder if Snow made any offers to Komi?

Yeah, how great would it have been if Komisarek and Higgins had gone to the Island? I wonder if Snow made any offers to Komi?

Snow made an offer to my left nut for 4 years, $5mill per and it turned him down.

I'd much rather have Higgins than Komi, but it would have been cool to have both. And Scuderi. Oh well.

Elfa - You made a RHYME!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom