NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...BUT NO. The team sees fit to pander to the French media and hire a bilingual coach. Why? Why would you reduce the talent pool by only looking at one type of coach?

I agree, it does seem rather formulaic...c'est la vie de hockey à Montreal. Maybe he'll be brilliant, and make everyone eat their words...we'll see.

penguin5.gif

GO PENS! Not looking so good....but they're not out of it yet.

Kip, why are you rooting for the Pens? What about Dan Cleary?

:sad:

Don’t get me wrong, I smile proudly from ear to ear when Cleary does something great…and he’s having a truly magical playoffs. But, he won the thing last year!

There’s something compelling about Pittsburgh—how they now find themselves in the very same position as last season, but are desperately trying to rewrite that script. With the law of averages--along with and league parity--they may never get this chance again. Some love that fact, and despise Crosby, but I love the potential for this to be a truly great story in the history of hockey!

---> acknowledgment of abject corniness in the preceding. :corn:

Cleary's playoff beard is certainly better than Crosby's.

I hope that statement makes up for me being a traitor to my people. :wink:

:laugh:

Kip, your penguin animations kill me. :up:

You should've seen the one I had there first...it's now back on the shelf, pending a much larger victory. :wink:

I'm a HUGE Ottawa Senators fan, and I mean like disgustingly obsessed haha......Gotta root for the Pens in the finals though cuz Jordan Staal is from my town:D

What a nice goal he scored last night...it's the first one in this "Attack of the Penguins" clip: YouTube - 2009 Stanley Cup Finals Game 4: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Detroit Red Wings: 3 Penguins Goals in 5

This is shaping up to be one mother of a final. :drool:

:lol:

This game is fucking awesome.

I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Everything ok?

And, this game was less than awesome, but I guess that depends on what perspective you're coming from. See below.

It's ok, man. Either way, you win. Although, it's looking like the Cup will be coming back to The Rock again this year.
:wink:

I was wondering where you had disappeared to. Everything ok?

I went on an Army training course for six weeks. Just got back last week. I signed a four-year contract to switch from the Reserves into the Regular Army, so I leave again on the 29th to my first posting in Kingston, Ontario. I'm there till at least next March. :up:

Basically, everything's awesome :D How are you? :lol:

It's ok, man. Either way, you win. Although, it's looking like the Cup will be coming back to The Rock again this year.
:wink:

I'm definitely the odd man out at work. People have already started their parade/"return to The Rock" Cup preparations. I'll go off the road on misery's sidecar before jumping on that bandwagon! :wink:

Plus, I still have faith! Crosby in gave seven, OT...I'm sticking to that prediction.

I’ve got a good feeling about tonight’s game! *

* This "good feeling" is brought to you in part by your local chapter of Enthusiasm, plus a generous grant from Naiveté.

I always get so emotionally invested in this game...two periods in, though, and I'm liking the way this drama is unfolding. :up:

I'm 100% rooting for Detroit, but how awesome are game 7's in the Finals? This is going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom