NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I chuckled when I saw that headline too. :wink:

Man, totally sucks getting swept but zomg, it was a hell of a game. I have no voice today. :ohmy: I'm so proud of my boys! The Wings shows my boys how to really play in the second season and I hope they took copious notes because I want more of that intense, north/south hockey all next season and beyond. :applaud:

Totally disapproved the throwing crap on the ice. Chant bullsh!t all you want, boo the zebras, but please don't throw crap on the ice! It was so very bush league & embarrassing. :down: :angry:

And that too many men on the ice call with 1:34 left in the 3rd that induced much rage in the home crowd was the right thing to call. As much as I hate to type this, it could not not have been called. Such a boneheaded move by Modin to even touch the puck when Voracek was skating to the bench right in front of his line of sight. Ugh! :doh:

Go Ducks go! :wink:

Nope, I chuckled when I saw that headline too. :wink:

Man, totally sucks getting swept but zomg, it was a hell of a game. I have no voice today. :ohmy: I'm so proud of my boys! The Wings shows my boys how to really play in the second season and I hope they took copious notes because I want more of that intense, north/south hockey all next season and beyond. :applaud:

Totally disapproved the throwing crap on the ice. Chant bullsh!t all you want, boo the zebras, but please don't throw crap on the ice! It was so very bush league & embarrassing. :down: :angry:

And that too many men on the ice call with 1:34 left in the 3rd that induced much rage in the home crowd was the right thing to call. As much as I hate to type this, it could not not have been called. Such a boneheaded move by Modin to even touch the puck when Voracek was skating to the bench right in front of his line of sight. Ugh! :doh:

Go Ducks go! :wink:

I was at that game, I could couldn't hear myself think it was so loud!!!!
I was at the arena about 2 hours before game time, and there were already a ton of people outside!! I'm a huge Wings fan, so I was wearing the enemy jersey, but didn't get harassed like I thought I might. Just had someone say something about hiding an octopus in my purse!

Not as many Wings fans as normal either, which is a good thing. I usually have no issue getting a very good seat for Wings/Jackets games in the regular season down there. I want them to make it harder for me! The arena is great, the team is getting better, hopefully the attendance starts to go back-up next season.
I wish

Glad to see someone knows it was the right call, everything I've read has been "they should have let it go" etc. Fans should be pissed at Modin, not the refs.

I'm just glad the series is over, I can wear my Blue Jackets jerseys again. I got my ticket to that game the day they went on sale. I didn't think they'd play Detroit, I figured it would be Vancouver.

I love all the long series :drool:

Anaheim, Calgary, Washington, Jersey, and Philly will be your winners.

You really see the Flames coming back and winning the final two games against the Hawks? Including the (potential) game 7 in Chicago? I don't know if I see that happening. Maybe because it would be so incredibly disappointing if it did.

Liz, so you're one of thooose people... j/k :wink:

When that penalty was called, yea, I was pissed then I realized what had happened and got pissed at Freddy Mo. Damn shame how that game ended the way it did. Probably wouldn't have helped if they hadn't called it. Who knows, eh? Best of luck to your winged wheels! If they keep playing like they did, they'll go quite far! Hopefully Ozzie rests up that leg of his. You could tell he was struggling in the 2nd.

Sounds like you didn't get harassed and had a good time at Nationwide, which is great to hear! There were 2 Wings fans sitting next to me and it was fun slinging shots back and forth but we were cool about it. Other folks around us though were a bit more brutal. It was nice to not see a sea of red there. Not know who we'd be matched up against really helped with the lack of red.

How about them Rangers, eh? What the hell is happening? Totally imploding. Avery is Avery & Torts is, well Torts. Can't blame him going ape sh!t after getting a beer dumped on him, though. That kind of crap doesn't have a place anywhere in sports. :down: King Henry isn't cutting it anymore and their offense & defense is going down the drain.

Rags are done :)

If the Caps & Carolina win we could get a really cool 2nd round matchup, Caps vs. Pens. You know the networks & league would eat that up.

I'm definetly rooting for the blackhawks too. I also love how thornton continues to choke in the playoffs.

I generally like most of the West teams (except the Wings, but nobody likes the Wings except Wings fans). I'd be happy to see the winner of Canucks/Hawks come out of the West...rooting for the Canucks though.

I don't really care one way or the other about the Sharks, but I was kind of hoping they'd win, because it would be awesome if this guy

Jeremy Roenick

could win a Cup before he retires. What a player JR was, nothing like buying a couple of NHL highlight tapes, one with goals, one with hitting...and Jeremy's all over both of them.

I also love how thornton continues to choke in the playoffs.

I think Thorton is a microcosm of the whole team - no real drive to win when it gets down to it....

What a player JR was, nothing like buying a couple of NHL highlight tapes, one with goals, one with hitting...and Jeremy's all over both of them.

the key word there is "was"... I'm thinking it's time for JR to go back to his TV job...

I actually chose Anaheim over San Jose in my hockey pool so I'm :up:

Washington-Pittsburgh :drool:
I wonder if the media paid Brodeur to let in those 2 goals in the last 90 secs in order to set up these two teams :hmm:

Last nights game was mostly boring, until the Canucks gave up their 3 goal lead, something they do a little bit too often. Thankfully they pulled it together at the end and came out with a win (I originally wrote wine, :lol: ).

5 down, 11 to go! :D

Yeah, I saw the bird. One of the announcers called it a penguin, I believe. :huh:

Well, the Canucks can't win 'em all. Hopefully Tuesday will be better.

Yeah, there have been many. :up:

The Caps-Pens series has all the makings of a classic. The Ducks-Wings game yesterday was a good one, as well. In fact, the only series I don't care for at all is the Carolina-Boston matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom