NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're the Dallas Stars, so every time there's the word star, they cheer. :shrug: It's pretty lame to me, but whatever. :lol:

Trust me, it's pretty loud and bad ass when you're actually at a Stars home game at the AAC.

Trust me, it's pretty loud and bad ass when you're actually at a Stars home game at the AAC.

How are they liking Avery down there? I'll be honest, when he was with the Rangers I friggin abhorred him. I wanted to learn how to play hockey just to get a chance to punch him in the face. But when he came back to Long Island a month ago, I was surprised to find that I kinda missed him - he was quite entertaining.

I keep meaning to ask Beav, how come you don't support the Rangers? Is there some sort of rule where you have to support one NY team but not the other? Toronto has never had two teams for anything so I'm unaware of the protocol...

I keep meaning to ask Beav, how come you don't support the Rangers? Is there some sort of rule where you have to support one NY team but not the other? Toronto has never had two teams for anything so I'm unaware of the protocol...

The Islanders are the only team on Long Island, which is where I am from, so there's that. And most NY fans love one team and don't like the other. Mets fans don't root for the Yankees, Giants fans don't root for the Jets, etc. It's kinda weird in that there is generally an indifference to the other team - for example, Yankees fans hate the Red Sox, but just sorta ignore the Mets. However, this does not hold true for Isles/Rangers fans who despise each other, mostly because Rangers fans are ignorant pig-dogs that smell like cheap beer and vomit that think Islander fans are white-trash. Which isn't too far off considering the Isles play in a stadium that's a step up from a double wide.

That being said, I would root for the Rangers over some other teams, like Anaheim for example. And the Devils.

Oh duh.. :doh: *finally puts 2 + 2 together* :lol:

:applaud: I should've explained myself better, as well. :wink:

When's your next hockey game? I want you to get hooked! (That's a two minute penalty, FYI...'hooking.')

(Not to be confused with the street definition of 'hooking.')

Canucks have been doing really well lately.

What is up with an 11am game time this morning?! They're playing the Penguins today, and I had to set my alarm to make sure I'd be up in time. :lol:

11 AM Pitt time, or Vancouver? If it's 11 Eastern that is pretty weird...

Flyers have looked good, Biron was stellar last night. If Gagne stays healthy I like their chances.

Vancouver time. The Canucks don't play many games at this time during the season. I think I heard the announcer say that there are 2 for them this year.

Luongo got injured in the first 10 minutes, and had to be helped off the ice. Haven't heard officially what's up, but it looks like it was his left leg. I'm hoping it's nothing too serious.

Haven't heard anything either, tough break if it's serious, Luongo a big time goalie.

Another big win for Philly, 4 in a row now :) Jeff Carter had the tying goal (14th) and a ton of chances...he's been great so far.

You jinx'ed it. Come on! And friggin Neilson is out for God knows how long - he was the only guy on the team that could skate! Ugh. You happy now Mr. Snappy Answers?

:shrug:

the Leafs blew a 3-goal lead against Chicago on Saturday :banghead:

I'm begining to think they are pretending to care this year but have secretly decided to lose as many games as possible for a draft pick :hmm:

Haven't heard anything either, tough break if it's serious, Luongo a big time goalie.

He's out 4-5 weeks, according to his agent. That's about what I expected. Thankfully we have an excellent backup, so I'm not too worried, and hope he heals soon. No official word from the Canucks yet, as he's undergoing an MRI this afternoon.

There will probably be an announcement during the game tonight vs Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom