NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BoMac - what sort of shit are they giving O'Byrne up there? Poor guy.

Well, I no longer live in Montreal, so all I know is what I'm hearing from friends. The French media is merciless, and I've heard some calls to have him traded. The night of the Islander game, fans mocked him incessantly, chanting his name derisively. He didn't play a second after that own-goal.

Avery is bad karma, man. Bad karma. Though to be honest, I find him kinda amusing now that he's far away.

I get a kick out of Avery unless he's playing my team, then I want to kill him. But that's how it is with that type of player, back in the day there were a bunch of those guys (Paul Gillis, Dale Hunter, Claude Lemieux, Kenny "The Rat" Linseman). We need more of those guys...for my Flyers I guess Upshall qualifies but he's no Avery for sure.

Dallas without Morrow is a whole other animal, and with Modano and Lehtinen aging another year they were in trouble. The real surprise is Turco's numbers, though I don't see them enough to know if it's him sucking or their D not getting it done.

Well, I no longer live in Montreal, so all I know is what I'm hearing from friends. The French media is merciless, and I've heard some calls to have him traded. The night of the Islander game, fans mocked him incessantly, chanting his name derisively. He didn't play a second after that own-goal.

Yeah, I saw all that. I felt bad for the guy cause as soon as he looked up he saw what he had done. The announcer in NY made a great comment when I said, "My favorite part is all the Islanders congratulating themselves." I didn't think O'Byrne would go back out after that. Maybe if they were in NY, but not there.

When Avery came back to NY, I sorta felt like I missed him a little bit. The anger I had for him when he was a Ranger was sorta therapeutic, I think. But in hindsight, he really was amusing.

Flyers win again. They were really streaky last year, and this year might be more of them same; the current 6 game win streak followed a stretch of losing 4 of 5. Their D, which was pretty slow last year, is much better with Sbisa. And all this with Danny Briere out, can't wait to get him back in.

Sean Avery is my hero...and Gary Bettman shows yet again what a hockey-ignorant boob he is. He's an agitatore Gary, he agitates, that's his job. And I bet he agitated Dion plenty with his comments. Sloppy seconds FTW :)

Sean Avery is my hero...and Gary Bettman shows yet again what a hockey-ignorant boob he is. He's an agitatore Gary, he agitates, that's his job. And I bet he agitated Dion plenty with his comments. Sloppy seconds FTW :)

I will happily take thirds.

elisha-cuthbert-1.jpg

I think 6 games or whatever is too much for a player who used the term "sloppy seconds". Its not like he called his ex the C-word or anything. Maybe 1 game or a fine at the most.

I suppose whenever Avery returns and plays a road game, the fans will chant "Sloppy Seconds!" whenever he hits the ice or touches the puck. Ain't that a hoot? :D

5-hole was clearly the correct choice. Kudos.

Apparently he has to get counselling and take anger management classes as a condition of his reinstatement. Are you serious? Bettman is making the league into a joke with this...anger management, come on.

Will be interesting to see what Don Cherry has to say because surely he'll oppose this whole anger management nonsense but at the same time there's no love lost between him and Avery.

They'll get better though, watch. I think Avery was a distraction - they are not the right place for him. He needs to be in a place that sucks or has huge egos. They guys in Dallas are like blue collar hockey players, you know? They don't want to put up with him. Hull made a bad call on that signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom