NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news Beav, the Islanders are not the worst team in the NHL anymore!! Both Atanta and Los Angeles are worse :up:

:sigh: And just to cement the fact that Isles suck, they blew a two goal lead by giving up three in the third to - wait for it -

Atlanta. And ironically NATE Thompson didn't play. In Atlanta. Coincidence? Or cheating? It's very hard to give this team TRUST and RESPECT when they play like that. OH - and the Thrashers coach used to coach the CHICAGO WOLVES!

Pretty good Leafs-Habs game, at least the first two periods.

I feel like I'm finally getting into hockey again. Baseball really consumed my sports interest the past two months, but for the first time this year I'm actually really excited for a Nucks game. Here's hoping it's a good one :hyper:

I went to my first hockey game last night! I dont really understand all the rules and what not but it was pretty fun, Sharks won and there was even a pretty narly fight :drool:

sharksgame.jpg

sharks.jpg

Last night was the most interesting Canucks-Wild game I've ever seen. Normally games between these two teams are boring, but last night was awesome, and Luongo got his 3rd shutout in a row! :hyper:

I'm going to the next game, which is on Wednesday vs Colorado, so we'll see if he can hang in there to make it 4 shutouts!

Glad you had fun, Sicy! Actually seeing the games in person is SO much better than on TV! :D

The games are good in person but it's so strange not to hear the live broadcast.

Who did San Jose play Sicy? I can't make out their uniforms.

And Bomac, I second the sentiment...ugh...

Sharks fans are crazy. Or maybe all hockey fans are crazy, I'm not sure :lol: For some reason everyone boo'd on certain parts of the national anthem (I canNOT figure out why) and cheered on other parts. And they have all these quirks and things they do on cue. Then there's the shark guy that goes around in the crowd banging his drum and everyone responds. And other people that throw free stuff into the crowd (of course they never came over to our section :grumpy: ) They also have these certain chants and cheers they do and shark hand signals haha. I felt like a total n00b it was pretty funny.

:lol:

Yup, hockey fans can be pretty crazy. I can't explain anything that people did at your game, but I think that's pretty typical behaviour at most hockey games.

I'm so excited to see the Canucks on Wednesday. This will be my first game of the season. :hyper:

Sharks fans are crazy. Or maybe all hockey fans are crazy, I'm not sure :lol: For some reason everyone boo'd on certain parts of the national anthem (I canNOT figure out why)...

Maybe the "star" parts? :hmm:

Hockey fans certainly can be crazy. Here in Canada, it's like a religion! It's great that you made it to a game...hopefully the first of many. You'll be hooked in no time. When it's played at its highest level, I'm convinced that hockey is the greatest game in the world.

From now on, when someone gets unruly here, you can find inspiration in your new-found sport...

interference.gif

Amazing comeback by Pittsburgh tonight. :ohmy:

I'm pretty sure Brian Burke is the only shot the Leafs have at gaining respectability before 2015.

Knowing how MLSE (the ownership group) operates, I doubt he'll end up in T-dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom