NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough game between Phoenix and Montreal!

What did those who see it think of Sauer's hit on Kostityn?
Even the RDS commentators said it was a clean hit but an elbow to the head?? Geez...

Rough game between Phoenix and Montreal!

What did those who see it think of Sauer's hit on Kostityn?
Even the RDS commentators said it was a clean hit but an elbow to the head?? Geez...

It was clean in so far as it was legal, but it was friggin brutal. I don't know if he intended to hurt him or not, but wow. That was some hit.

Hey, Isles got shut out by....

wait for it....

wait.....

hold on....

patience, padawan......

....ok

....here itcomes....

florida.

the panthers.

:sad:

The Islanders have a picture of an Island. So that sucks. Tampa's are dumb. The Kings are ok. Devils, weak. Bruins are kinda gawdy. Caolorado, Anaheim, San Jose - they all suck.

I like the Rangers', simple and old school.

I like the Wild uniforms. Probably my favorite along with the Blues.

Off the top of my head, most of them suck.

true... who has crappy uniforms? Other than the Leafs that is :wink:

I'm now working in a new office and I told the resident Leaf fan Elfa's prediction of a winning season in 2012 (or was that 2015?) and he thought I was insulting him! I meant it as a compliment, meaning that they're finally on the right track with the youth movement. Anyway, he kind of walked away muttering to himself.

You Leafs fans are too sensitive!:wink:

The Islanders have a picture of an Island. So that sucks. Tampa's are dumb. The Kings are ok. Devils, weak. Bruins are kinda gawdy. Caolorado, Anaheim, San Jose - they all suck.

I like the Rangers', simple and old school.

I like the Wild uniforms. Probably my favorite along with the Blues.

Off the top of my head, most of them suck.

Ahem.

I'm now working in a new office and I told the resident Leaf fan Elfa's prediction of a winning season in 2012 (or was that 2015?) and he thought I was insulting him! I meant it as a compliment, meaning that they're finally on the right track with the youth movement. Anyway, he kind of walked away muttering to himself.

You Leafs fans are too sensitive!:wink:

some of us are more sensitive than others, I can't imagine being a Leafs fan in Montreal :tsk:

you're right, Montreal's uniforms suck as well :wink:

That's complete and utter B.S.

I think Winnipeg, Quebec City or even Hamilton should get a team before Toronto does.

Although, it would be kind of fun to see the second Toronto team win a Cup before the Leafs do. That would be funny in myriad ways. :hmm:

A few NHL officials might be "whispering" about this move, but it's not going to happen. The NHL is focusing on their current roster of teams. Not on moving teams or adding teams.

The Rangers and Islanders might have "New York" in front of their team names, but they're from two different markets. The Rangers have the New York City market and the Islanders have the Long Island market. My point being is that the NHL doesn't have any one team that truly shares its market. The Rangers/Islanders markets definitely overlap, but they have two distinctly different markets. The Long Island market is many notches below the NYC market.

Sorry, but Toronto is a Leaf town and the NHL won't be bringing in another team.

I agree with not having two teams right in TO, but I think SWO could support one, whether it be Hamilton, London* etc. I agree it should be an existing team too - not an expansion. I don't know if there'd be an appetite for growing a fanbase to a completely new team.

*;)

I'm not very familiar with California markets but what about LA/Anaheim/San Jose?

While there might be an overlap, they're all different markets. The Ducks aren't calling themselves the Anaheim Ducks of Los Angelos. They're from Anaheim and that's that. :wink:

Btw, you can blame Wayne Gretzky for the Sharks and the Ducks. If it weren't for him going to LA back in 1988, the rest of California might not have given a shit about hockey.

eh, people get too worked up over shit like that, it was kind of fun I thought - totally unexpected and different.

It didn't work but it's not like we’re going to win the cup this year or anything, might as well have some fun while you are it. :shrug:

eh, people get too worked up over shit like that, it was kind of fun I thought - totally unexpected and different.

It didn't work but it's not like we’re going to win the cup this year or anything, might as well have some fun while you are it. :shrug:

Maple Leaf Sports called, they want to hire you in PR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom