NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lulny6.gif

Epic fail

Def Leppard's Joe Elliott redefined the concept of embarrassment during one of their NHL Face-Off Rocks segments at the Fox Theater in Detroit. This is what you get for booking a band from England: Drive on the wrong side of the road, place the holiest of holy hockey grails on a pedestal upside down.

You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little
Tease a little more
Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss innocent sugar me, yeah

Take a bottle, shake it up
Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me :angry:

You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little
Tease a little more
Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss innocent sugar me, yeah

Take a bottle, shake it up
Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me :angry:

i bet he knows which way to put the sugar bowl down when he's done pouring it...

As an ardent Habs supporter and feel-sorry-for-the-Leafs fan, I'm kind of glad the Habs lost and the Leafs won - in one instance, the expectations for this season were too high and in the other the expectations were too low.

But I've no doubt the Canadiens will win tonight though :up:

(I loved the Toronto Sun's facetious - I'm assuming it was facetious but wouldn't put anything past the T.O. media - headlines yesterday : "Start the Parade")

It seems like the majority of people here are Montreal fans, is that correct?

Hmm, I don't know - I think there's a lot of Leaf fans - I mean you have to include those too embarrassed to admit it :wink:

There's a lot of talk about Montreal this year because it's their 100th anniversary and they finished top of the Eastern Conference last year so there are lots of expectations placed on them.
They're also the last Canadian team to win the Cup...

I don't think Montreal has as many haters as the Leafs or Sens for example - most people have, I think, a begrudging respect for them and their history..

Oh, Toronto, you make me laugh. :lol:

Great game so far. Montreal's top lines are on fire. Bring on the third!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom