NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I had no idea how many Leafs fans invade Ottawa when they play. Yikes, that reminded me of when the Bruins would come to Hartford. I'd say it must be annoying for Sens fans, but I didn't see any there.

Yeah, it's the Original Six's fault that the Flyers lost. :rolleyes:

Hey, leave the Hawks and Wings out of this, I said Leafs and Habs :wink:

Actually I was trying to come up with a way to blame it on Bill Belichick...

I'm sure we could still find a way to have the Rangers at fault. And the Bruins, well the dastardly hand of Belicheat has gotta be in there somewhere. :hmm:

The Leafs won again :happy:

you know, if you are going to lose, then lose properly, don't give me this "late-season push" bullshit we all know you're not going to make it into the playoffs, just roll over like you always do and do it fucking properly this time so we get a quality draft pick!! :rant:

FOR FUCKS SAKE! :mad:

Ok, I feel better now.

Anybody see that new McDonalds commercial with the tiny Russians scoring on the goalie? hahahaha that's so funny. :D

Burrows was signed last night to a 4 year extension, just minutes before the game. He scored 2 goals and the Canucks won 4-2. :hi5:

It will be interesting to see if the Canucks make any other moves today...

Mike, as much as you may hate it, you better hope that the Islanders continue their losing ways. They absolutely need to get a top 2 pick, as they will most likely be John Tavares and Victor Hedman, or vice versa. Someone like Tavares can have a huge impact in terms of turning around a franchise, albeit not immediately. Look at what Crosby and Ovechkin did for their respective teams

Mike, as much as you may hate it, you better hope that the Islanders continue their losing ways. They absolutely need to get a top 2 pick, as they will most likely be John Tavares and Victor Hedman, or vice versa. Someone like Tavares can have a huge impact in terms of turning around a franchise, albeit not immediately. Look at what Crosby and Ovechkin did for their respective teams

on the other hand, putting too much pressure on "the future of the organization" can backfire as well; Steven Stamkos comes to mind...

I'm fine with them losing at this point. I'm glad that they're giving the young guys lots of playing time, and if you watch the team now, you can tell that these kids are much better than they were 5 months ago. Luckily, they're far enough in last to get one of those Top 2 picks. There's a certain weird enjoyment that goes with having your team out of the playoffs - the games are fun. It's also good to see the guys still laugh and have fun during the games.

on the other hand, putting too much pressure on "the future of the organization" can backfire as well; Steven Stamkos comes to mind...

Yes, but Stamkos is only 18, and will only get better. That's why I said Tavares probably won't make a huge impact initially, but over time he will. And Stamkos has been playing much better in the second half, even recording a hat trick.

I'm fine with them losing at this point. I'm glad that they're giving the young guys lots of playing time, and if you watch the team now, you can tell that these kids are much better than they were 5 months ago. Luckily, they're far enough in last to get one of those Top 2 picks. There's a certain weird enjoyment that goes with having your team out of the playoffs - the games are fun. It's also good to see the guys still laugh and have fun during the games.

:up:

Yes, but Stamkos is only 18, and will only get better. That's why I said Tavares probably won't make a huge impact initially, but over time he will. And Stamkos has been playing much better in the second half, even recording a hat trick.

Oh, I agree, I think there is a lot of potential there, people just assume the #1 pick now is going to be another Crosby or Ovechkin right out of the gate and that's just plain stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom