NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to cancel all my birthday plans yesterday because I'm sick as a dog so I spent the evening watching a couple hockey games; poor Leafs, way to blow a lead.
The Boston-San Jose game was :drool: and was it wrong of me to cheer for San Jose just so Boston doesn't get too big for their britches?

Sundin got another two points in the Canucks win :up:

The Vancouver vs Montreal game tonight is PPV. :angry: I'm too exhausted to leave the house, so I'm going to miss seeing it. I could listen to it on the radio, but if I can't see anything, I get distracted too easily. Oh well.

My new favourite hockey announcer:

YouTube - Randy Moller Goal Calls

You have to watch the video for it to make any sense, but it's worth it.

I can't decide if I like the Thomas Dolby or the Kool Moe Dee line more.

That's awesome!

from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald,
For years, sportscasters have tried to coin catchy signature phrases to punctuate and celebrate baskets, goals, touchdowns and home runs.
Now the Panthers and Randy Moller are allowing fans to do it for him.
When 790 The Ticket’s Dan Le Batard suggested early this season that listeners call in with phrases that Moller could spew after goals, Moller felt apprehensive: ‘I thought, `Oh, my God! What are they going to suggest?’ ‘’
But listeners have delivered—and so has Moller, who has spiced his call with more than a dozen fan-suggested lines from movies and music. Sure, it’s gimmicky, but it’s also a clever and bold idea for a team that could use the extra publicity.​

That's awesome! I love it when announcers have fun with the calls. There have been some good ones with the Vancouver commentators as well.

And sorry, BoMac! Someone's gotta win! :wink: I ended up listening to the majority of the game on the radio. Wish I could have actually seen it... Oh well, they're playing again next Tuesday.

FUCK BUFFALO! :mad:

that is all.

Glad to help :sexywink:

c5984871.gif

Unreal. I'm more impressed by how he got the puck than the actual goal. That shit's HARD to do.

The Habs are seriously up shit creek right now. Everything that's happening to them reminds me of last year's Senators. :tsk:

if they finish lower than the Leafs I'm going to laugh and laugh...

Well I doubt that's going to happen, there's a fifteen-point gap with 14 to play. If the Habs somehow managed to fall out of the playoffs and down to 12th (where the Buds are right now) it would probably one of the most epic failures in league history. That would put them right up there with the New York Mets.

Well I doubt that's going to happen, there's a fifteen-point gap with 14 to play. If the Habs somehow managed to fall out of the playoffs and down to 12th (where the Buds are right now) it would probably one of the most epic failures in league history. That would put them right up there with the New York Mets.

There's actually 24 games to play. But yeah, tha would be horrible if they drop that far.

:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom