NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dallas has officially ridden themselves of Avery - he'll either be traded or sent to the minors I guess.
A little stint in the AHL might be good for his over-sized ego!

Another nice win last night, fortunate catching the Avs after they played in Detroit the night before...apparently they don't need Briere after all?

Mats Sundin is a Canuck! :shocked:

A sportcaster here in Toronto said he would bet his yearly salary Sundin was headed to the Rangers, everyone was convinced so I'm shocked to say the least!
At least he'll have the Swedish contingent to play with.

Apparently you missed the point of my post :shrug:

Anyways, I find it funny that Sean Avery basically is a pariah in the NHL for saying the words "sloppy seconds" (you can hear worse than that at your average Sunday church service if you listen closely enough), but Sidney Crosby can suckerpunch someone in the back of the head repeatedly and he's treated like a fucking god:

YouTube - Sidney Crosby Cheap Shot

If someone did that to him, instant suspension. Guaranteed.

Sometimes I wish Scott Stevens was still playing.

It's the Claude Lemieux streak inside Sid the Kid that makes me hate him. The diving, the whining, the crying, and the occasional gutless cheap shot...and this guy's supposed to be the next Great One? My ass.

It's the Claude Lemieux streak inside Sid the Kid that makes me hate him. The diving, the whining, the crying, and the occasional gutless cheap shot...and this guy's supposed to be the next Great One? My ass.

At least Claude Lemieux had the balls to actually drop the gloves every now and then. Sid will take a cheap shot but when someone actually stands up to him (Mike Richards in last year's Eastern Conference final) he runs away.

How 'bout them Blackhawks?

8 wins in a row.

People in Chicago are slowly starting to care about hockey again.

Patrick Kane for President.

Hawks are awesome, and I am so proud of Patrick Kane (Buffalo native).

I wasn't able to see my Sabres lose to the Caps (another contender) last night because my mother is here visiting for Christmas. Sabres are headed down the road to mediocrity this year, I'm afraid. There are just too many good up and coming teams in the East.

I'm watchin' it, too. And I don't plan on removing my ass from my couch until it's over. Go Hawks.

I hate both these teams and really have no desire to watch other than the novelty factor. Wrigley Field looks cool right now, other than that I couldn't care less.

I may end up switching over to the Capital One Bowl very soon.

I hate both these teams and really have no desire to watch other than the novelty factor. Wrigley Field looks cool right now, other than that I couldn't care less.

I may end up switching over to the Capital One Bowl very soon.

Just out of curiosity, do you hate these teams always, or just in their current incarnations? I ask cause I generally don't like the Wings, but I love the team they have now. Chicago I've never really had an opinion on, and still don't.

With a few exceptions (Mets, Rangers, Devils, Ducks, Giants) I kinda change my opinions on teams depending on who is on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom