NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
only receivers, i got it from an article that talked about the trend for WR's to take numbers in the 10-19 range and much less from the 80s. plenty of TEs wear 85 and have catches (kittle for example) but no WRs unless one happened already today.

NE has nothing on offense. That and their OL seems to be a mash unit. James Ferentz shouldn't be your starting center....

Why did they release Gordon again? Saw he was picked up by Seattle

Gordon hasn't exactly been lighting it up in Seattle, 6 catches in 4 games.
He's been on the field for a third of their offensive snaps.
He's not the Josh Gordon of 2013 by a long shot. When he was here he seemed to have lost his burst, he's very plodding right now. He was released basically after N'Keal Harry returned from IR. He's basically just a depth guy who can pretty much only run slants.

Yeah. I get it about the bad call. No doubt about that one. I just don’t think anyone who’s not a New England fan feels much empathy. I don’t have any data to show that the refs favor them or anything like that so I’m not even going to say that they get all the calls their way. I just don’t feel bad as a Packers fan losing 2 playoff games and a horrible Fail Mary to blown calls in the last 20 years.

If it were one call yesterday I could shrug it of, but it was a series of blown calls. The Kelce fumble call, refs are tutored in those situations to rule the play a turnover if its in question so it gets an automatic review. They didn't and the Pats had to use their last challenge to get the fumble call, but because the zebras blew the play dead, they don't get the advance of the fumble and what would have been an easy TD. Then they blow the Harry TD call, and because they blew the Kelce call earlier, the Pats have no challenges left to review the play. Again if they call it a TD on the field it goes to automatic review and if he had stepped out (Christ he wasn't even particularly close to the white) they bring it back. Then they ignore an obvious PI on Dorsett...and guess what, the Pats can't challenge it.
Oh and how about the illegal hands to the face penalty on the Chiefs offensive lineman, which is a 10 yard penalty (its 5 and an automatic 1st down when on the defense) and Boger rules it a 5 yard penalty, and the line judge walks off 5 yards and nobody else on the crew steps up and says "guys that's a 10 yard penalty", So Chiefs get 2nd and 15 instead of 2nd and 20.

The crew yesterday was terrible.

i think the main takeaway from this game is that giants quarterbacks play way better when they aren't used as headache's avatar.

50% completion for 200 yards and a fumble to go with those two TDs. 163 of those yards were in the second quarter, and about 110 of which were beer league lapses in coverage where if the pass wasn’t completed you’d be angry as fuck.

All things considered, Eli had a perfectly ok game leading his team to 17 points. Not sure what game everyone else watched.

there have only been 3 WRs with number 85 on an active roster this season and all of them are either cut or on IR. of course there's always the possibility that someone could get signed and make a catch in the last couple weeks. i wonder if there's ever been a season where any of the 80s numbers haven't seen a single catch? :hmm:

{i'm not sure why i'm so interested in this either)

https://streamable.com/hn6cm

incredible pass.

that's my quarterback :sad:

TerrellOwens.jpg

It’s really hard to figure out who the best team in the NFC is right now. There are 5 teams that could make the Super Bowl. And at this point I’m not sure if any of them can stop the Ravens.

It’s really hard to figure out who the best team in the NFC is right now. There are 5 teams that could make the Super Bowl. And at this point I’m not sure if any of them can stop the Ravens.

I don’t think the Seahawks are with the injuries. If Wagner and Clowney (and Diggs, Griffin, and Ansah) miss next week, they probably won’t even beat the Cardinals.

LOL of course Watson would come out looking like this against a shit defense the last week of the fantasy season.

It is a good game though. The Bucs showed up to the party too late but they're interesting with Arians running the show.

Last edited:
so even if they win their last game the browns will be the worst professional sports team of the decade and it's not even close. they will finish with a 2010-2019 winning percentage of .269 (or .262 if they lose to the bengals) with the next closest team being the jaguars at .319/.312, which seems close-ish but remember that the jags were less than a quarter away from going to the super bowl in 2017, whereas the browns haven't made the playoffs once since 2002 and had seven seasons in this decade where they won less than 5 games including the 0-16 in 2017.

FaithfulJoyfulAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom