NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were playing Wire during the timeout just now. That’s random.

good catch. go to 4:21 left in the 4th quarter if you have a dvr and want to hear it. must be a U2 fan in the booth who figured nobody gives a shit what they play at this point lol

Last edited:
good catch. go to 4:21 left in the 4th quarter if you have a dvr and want to hear it. must be a U2 fan in the booth who figured nobody gives a shit what they play at this point lol

Only possible connection is the TV show The Wire was set in Baltimore so somebody figured the song would evoke the TV show...or its a U2 fan (and one with taste) in the booth.

Now that the Ravens are out, can the football gods just give me one more Aaron Rodgers playoff run? Please?

Damn Patriots. Edelman was arrested for jumping on someone’s hood and causing damage. Additionally, there may be a zombie apocalypse under way.

The era of your skinny slow QB is over.
Nah

Jackson is a phenomenal talent. But pocket QBs will always rule the NFL. Every 10 years or so someone comes along who is so incredibly talented that people want to think that NFL can be like college. Alas... It's inevitable that Jackson will get hurt. That's always the issue and why teams always go back to the pocket passer in the end. Guys who are run first take too many hits.

Seattle fans, just remember, no matter what happened tonight, whether your team wins or loses, it is all part of God’s plan.

Nah

Jackson is a phenomenal talent. But pocket QBs will always rule the NFL. Every 10 years or so someone comes along who is so incredibly talented that people want to think that NFL can be like college. Alas... It's inevitable that Jackson will get hurt. That's always the issue and why teams always go back to the pocket passer in the end. Guys who are run first take too many hits.

Not saying the era of a pocket passer is over. I was contemplating that thought when I wrote the post.

The era of the slow skinny QB is over. They’re coming out bigger and faster and stronger. So are wide receivers. There’s a greater demand for mixing athleticism and talent for players at all positions.

Not saying the era of a pocket passer is over. I was contemplating that thought when I wrote the post.

The era of the slow skinny QB is over. They’re coming out bigger and faster and stronger. So are wide receivers. There’s a greater demand for mixing athleticism and talent for players at all positions.

The slow/skinny argument is a good point. Look at Kirk Cousins yesterday and several times over his career. If you make his team one dimensional and then get a good pass rush, he’s toast. A QB (80mil, lol) like that, you almost have to create your offense to put him in perfect position.

Some mobility and athleticism is definitely important (see all 4 QB's playing today), but not necessarily essential if you can move within the pocket like Brady and Marino, 2 of the slowest mofos in NFL history.
But designing the offense around your QB running on a regular basis like Headache said is a recipe to get your QB injured.
Vick may have been the exception as he was pretty durable, but did suffer a broken leg in a preseason game on a scramble and missed significant time (2003 maybe?), Jackson is an extreme athletic talent, but if he ends up on IR he's no good to the Ravens. The running should be less by design and more by necessity (some designed runs sure, but not the percentage BAL ran this year). Plus as you could see last night, while he makes some great throws, his consistency as a passer still isn't there (see that 2nd INT), They should focus on enhancing that aspect of his game IMO, cause the potential for greatness as a passer is certainly there.
But if you ask me which do I want to start a team, Jackson or Mahomes, I take Mahomes 11 times out of 10. (And yes I know Mahomes is the one who got injured this year)

Well I’m curious where the wave of new non-athletic quarterbacks is. It’s over. The game is evolving right past Brady, Brees, Manning pt 2, Joe Falco, Rivers, Ryan, etc. etc.

That’s not saying they’re suddenly not talented or capable of being in or winning in the NFL. Just like not formulating your offense around the rush is important, the same can be said about formulating it around a pocket passer who can’t step outside of the pocket without substantial risk of turnover or injury. Players like Wilson, Rodgers, Mahommes, Newton, Watson, Prescott, Murray, yada yada yada yada are the NFL status quo.

Ah, bummer. Way better season than I expected for Seattle though, even before the injuries to our top two running backs and our starting tight end. I had predicted 9-7 and missing the playoffs before the season began, so it’s a win that we even got there in my eyes. Gotta spend money and picks on defense in the offseason.

Ah, bummer. Way better season than I expected for Seattle though, even before the injuries to our top two running backs and our starting tight end. I had predicted 9-7 and missing the playoffs before the season began, so it’s a win that we even got there in my eyes. Gotta spend money and picks on defense in the offseason.

Props to Seattle for not mailing it in after halftime. Shit got scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom