NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats should not have kicked FG with 21 seconds left. Go for TD, throw to the end zone. If you score, game over. If you don't, Dolphins at their own 6 yard line with no timeouts.
Kicking the ball off set them up in a spot on the field that gave them that 1% chance, and they executed.

Win or lose, however the season ends, whatever, the Bears are so much fun to watch and I'm so happy about it.

From an outsider’s perspective that was one of the most miserable games I’ve ever watched. Pick fest and marginal kicking with solid run stoppage pretty much meant we had to watch garbage passing all game.

You can only be happy if you’re a Bears fan or if you’re Trashley. All the Trashley teams showed up today - and I count 5.

I wouldn't put too much stock in yesterday's performance against the Sanchize. Giants still suck.
I was referring more to the offensive play since they made changes to the line and Barkley's utter dominance - not the ineptitude of the Greater Washington Football Club's offense (which is terrible more because of, ironically, their offensive line and not necessarily Sanchez)

Packers, redskins, Broncos.....??

Is the broncos a thing? I was counting packers, redskins, LA and Chicago duking it out where everybody sorts lost but LA won it for you by losing, aaaaand your two fantasy football teams.

Which makes six not five. Yay math.

Is the broncos a thing? I was counting packers, redskins, LA and Chicago duking it out where everybody sorts lost but LA won it for you by losing, aaaaand your two fantasy football teams.

Which makes six not five. Yay math.
They were my favorite team as a kid, and I have mentioned being a fan before, but that's why I was confused, since they lost. I hate the bears and always have, even before I was a Packers fan. Could not tell you why. And I like the chargers 1000x more than the Rams. I thought maybe Fantasy was where you were going as well hah.

Well I don't think the Packers fan would count the Bears amongst teams she roots for.

My understanding of the Trashley clan history is that Chicago, LA, the DMV area, and Indiana which arbitrarily maps to Green Bay because reasons are the main NFL teams they’ve encountered.

And I know she’s not a Bears fan but if you followed our fantasy football match yesterday... she was probably happy with the Bears haha. Just a hunch.

They were my favorite team as a kid, and I have mentioned being a fan before, but that's why I was confused, since they lost. I hate the bears and always have, even before I was a Packers fan. Could not tell you why. And I like the chargers 1000x more than the Rams. I thought maybe Fantasy was where you were going as well hah.

Haha yeah wasn’t really calling those two your teams. Interesting though. I was a Packers fan as a child and then a Seahawks fan!

Ok, I get it now. In that case, you only missed DFW, and the Boys and you wouldve had the whole thing ;)

Haven't watched too many games this season, but caught the last 8 minutes of Thursday Night Football. Not only did the Chargers come back, but they had the balls to go for the win by converting the 2 point play.

Phillip Rivers gave a great interview after the game too. Didn't have too many clichés and really gave you a feel for how it all went down.

Rivers almost blew the game by pouting over a no call late hit where you can clearly see it’s not obvious that he’s down in split second judgement

Rivers almost blew the game by pouting over a no call late hit where you can clearly see it’s not obvious that he’s down in split second judgement
I don't think he was arguing it being a late hit but a helmet to helmet hit, which it definitely was.

But you're right he could have cost them the game.
Wasted about 15 seconds before they called timeout. Not a factor only having 13 seconds left when its 3rd and goal...unless you get a defensive PI or holding call and suddenly its first and goal with 8 seconds left and instead of 4 shots you only have 2. Surprised Buck and/or The Ache Man didn't make mention of it cause it had the potential to be a very costly brain fart.
Call your timeout then argue. (Of course he may have been concussed considering the helmet to helmet shot he took.)

Yeah I didn’t know what he was yelling about because I was watching it on mute while streaming Florida Panthers audio (bless jetblue).

God I want to say I like Doug P but he really has taken the confidence thing too far. How many dumb-decision plays will the Eagles make?

So what we learned is Nick Foles is better than Prince Harry.
And the Rams are turning into pumpkins.

Starting to look like a Saints/Chargers Superb Owl. So expect the Saints to get drubbed tonight.

So what we learned is Nick Foles is better than Prince Harry.
And the Rams are turning into pumpkins.

Starting to look like a Saints/Chargers Superb Owl. So expect the Saints to get drubbed tonight.
I'll be a heart warming story if Philip Rivers and his 38 kids get to go to Disney World.

Heart warming until Rivers screams at Goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom