NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That story died before I ever even got a chance to read it, haha.

What a weird day of football, so far.

alex smith broke his leg 33 years to the day that joe theismann did, at a game where joe theismann was in attendance.

football is weird.

It makes me happy that a whole lot of football fans realized how awesome Akiem Hicks is tonight. He's fat and lovable and he's really fucking good at tackling the people in opposing jerseys. Khalil Mack is special, but he's not the only truly great player on the Bears defense.

The 2 point conversion has turned some NFL coaches into morons, latest example is Riverboat Ron Rivera.

I'm sorry, you are the better team, tie the game up and take your chances moving forward. Being on the road doesn't matter.

The Saints offense is unstoppable right now

Certainly they have to be the favorites to win it all at this point.

Anyone remember when they started the season by losing to the Fitzmagic Bucs and then barely eeking out a win vs the Browns? Both in the dome...looked like they were going to suck at that point.

The 2 point conversion has turned some NFL coaches into morons, latest example is Riverboat Ron Rivera.

I'm sorry, you are the better team, tie the game up and take your chances moving forward. Being on the road doesn't matter.

Yup. The only time anyone should go for two in that situation is if they are the obviously inferior team in a situation that is otherwise very fortunate. If the Raiders were to get within one of the Chiefs with seconds left, for instance, they would wisely go for two instead of assuming that they could get a lead in OT before Patrick Mahomes could.

Carolina, in that situation, needs to trust the general superiority of their team.

Anyone remember when they started the season by losing to the Fitzmagic Bucs and then barely eeking out a win vs the Browns? Both in the dome...looked like they were going to suck at that point.

I was just saying that to Travis yesterday. Except I framed it more like, 'remember when the Packers subreddit was getting all excited about how good the Saints 1st round draft pick situation was looking in the first couple weeks of the season?'

My not take for the SB at this point is Saints / Steelers, fwiw.

Not ruling them out. They’re great. Just think a seasoned Drew Brees with a healthy set of extra assets at RB and a lack of need for WRs is championship bound.

I just don't know why all of a sudden everyone's ruling out the Rams. They're also 9-1.
Imo, they're starting to lose steam. Almost lost to the Packers, did lose to new Orleans, almost lost to Seattle*. Their defense hasn't been as good and they've played from behind a lot this season as well, iirc.

Now watch them absolutely steamroll the Chiefs tonight and won't I look the fool.

*I forgot the order of events here and had some incorrect info.

Last edited:
Yeah Rams look like they may have peaked too early, and Saints own tiebreaker having beat them, so easy to see why folks are touting the Saints in the NFC currently.

Scoring differential over the last three games is kinda what I'm pointing at when I say I feel like they're losing steam:

20181119_092736.jpeg20181119_092720.jpg

Well not everyone can be like the future 2018 nfc East champion giants

Did you watch the Eagles game yesterday and hear Troy or Joe try to insinuate that the Giants might still be in it, and then the other (probably Troy) completely laughing that off/shutting him down? I may be recalling the event incorrectly, but I remember at the time I laughed pretty hard at the shut down.

Which isn't to say it's impossible, mind you....stranger things have happened.

If the Giants run the table, they'll win the division.

That being said, the Giants aren't running the table.

Looks like Dallas will win the division after the Smith injury. Who'd have thunk that 2 weeks ago.

Did you watch the Eagles game yesterday and hear Troy or Joe try to insinuate that the Giants might still be in it, and then the other (probably Troy) completely laughing that off/shutting him down? I may be recalling the event incorrectly, but I remember at the time I laughed pretty hard at the shut down.

Which isn't to say it's impossible, mind you....stranger things have happened.

i didn't - but if i had to guess i'd say the laugher was troy. it fits his m.o. he shits on the giants even when they're good.

alas, regarding whether or not they are actually alive or not...

from ESPN

Spin it forward, it gets no clearer. Let's say Dallas and New York both win next week, then in Week 13 the Eagles beat Washington, the Giants beat the Bears and the Saints beat the Cowboys -- all possible outcomes. Your NFC East standings would look like this:

Dallas 6-6
Washington 6-6
New York 5-7
Philadelphia 5-7

Then let's say, in Week 14, Philly wins in Dallas and New York wins in Washington. Again, not insane. Then with three weeks to go the NFC East would look like this:

Dallas 6-7
Washington 6-7
New York 6-7
Philadelphia 6-7

i don't think we'll beat the bears - khalil mack might put eli in traction. but every other aspect of that bit is certainly a distinct possibility.

the division's a dumpster fire.

but if that 6-7 scenario does actually play out?

philly would have the hardest schedule in the final 3 games. washington would still not have a QB. cowboys have colts away and tampa home, giants have titans home and colts away - and then dallas plays at new york in week 18.

crazy ass shit.

If the Giants run the table, they'll win the division.

That being said, the Giants aren't running the table.

Looks like Dallas will win the division after the Smith injury. Who'd have thunk that 2 weeks ago.
8-8 may win this division, so I don't think it's necessary for them to run the table. It would still require them to only lose one more game, which is also unlikely.

It's also not crazy to see the division winner being 7-9.

I don't think it's crazy either, but (assumed inherent bias aside), I honestly do think the Skins are good enough on defense, and McCoy is good enough with their ok offense to keep their lead.

A lot hinges on this upcoming game, though.

It's entirely possible that any of those four teams could win it with a losing record at this point.

Alex Smith has not been a good quarterback this year. We should be able to fairly easily match his tepid 1 TD/215 YPG average with Colt McCoy, who has been in the system far longer. The only concern is whether he can protect the ball in the meanwhile, as it's the only thing Smith was doing well...until the pick six, of course.

The Giants beat two bad teams by a combined seven points. They are not going to win the division.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom