NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something in this video? Seems like he’s trying to stop further involvement and he gets pushed by her and ultimately pushes back and his push is exacerbated by whatever scuffle happens behind him?

Assuming Hunt is in the black shirt and pants.

If so, idk if the video is even worse than the potential cover-up. I will always be in the Whoopi crowd of “fuck the ‘you can’t hit a woman’” nonsense when you should simply not be hitting anybody.

I’m not downplaying that men are the aggressors and end up committing abuse, but I do find a noticeable difference between pushing someone back and fisting them in the face just because you can.

He should still understand and respect his position of strength, but this isn’t Ray Rice. Unless I’m missing details or saw the wrong part?

Did I miss something in this video? Seems like he’s trying to stop further involvement and he gets pushed by her and ultimately pushes back and his push is exacerbated by whatever scuffle happens behind him?

Assuming Hunt is in the black shirt and pants.

If so, idk if the video is even worse than the potential cover-up. I will always be in the Whoopi crowd of “fuck the ‘you can’t hit a woman’” nonsense when you should simply not be hitting anybody.

I’m not downplaying that men are the aggressors and end up committing abuse, but I do find a noticeable difference between pushing someone back and fisting them in the face just because you can.

He should still understand and respect his position of strength, but this isn’t Ray Rice. Unless I’m missing details or saw the wrong part?

I think maybe you did miss something.

Did you see the second part of the video labeled "alternate view" where after the 2nd dustup when he pushes his friend who runs into her and knocks her face into the wall. She is staggered and gets up looks like she's trying to pick up her phone, she's in a catcher's squat and he comes over and kicks her.

So he pushes her directly first. She comes back and he charges slamming into another guy who in turn slams into her, she hits her face into a wall, then he literally kicks her while she's down.

I think maybe you did miss something.

Did you see the second part of the video labeled "alternate view" where after the 2nd dustup when he pushes his friend who runs into her and knocks her face into the wall. She is staggered and gets up looks like she's trying to pick up her phone, she's in a catcher's squat and he comes over and kicks her.

So he pushes her directly first. She comes back and he charges slamming into another guy who in turn slams into her, she hits her face into a wall, then he literally kicks her while she's down.

I’m in Ireland right now, so my opportunities to watch the clip are limited while roaming.

Blame ESPN, who played a rather short and benign clip.

Not for nothing? The only thing I actually argued was that the idea that it's impossible for TMZ to get a scoop before the NFL is absurd.
Ok, that makes more sense, I don't disagree with you here.
Guy's a piece of shit, and comparing pieces of shit seems like just an awful thing to do. Alas - the Ray Rice incident was MUCH worse than this.

That's not justifying or excusing what Hunt did whatsoever. But they are clearly on different levels of scumbaggery.
Do you mean the league's response was way worse or the incident was way worse?

Ok, that makes more sense, I don't disagree with you here. Do you mean the league's response was way worse or the incident was way worse?
Both.

The Ray Rice incident, and the league's response to the Ray Rice incident, were considerably worse than this one (if you believe the league's story that they couldn't get the video, which I do)

Both.

The Ray Rice incident, and the league's response to the Ray Rice incident, were considerably worse than this one (if you believe the league's story that they couldn't get the video, which I do)
That's fair.

I've said before, my opinion on the Ray Rice incident itself has softened a lot with time, seeing how much remorse he's shown, his wife's response to the situation, and the way he never really seemed to fight at all what was happening. He realized he fucked up and he's spent the years since trying to make up for it, even if it means not playing in the NFL. It's better than I've seen from most players who do something wrong. But the punch itself was horrifying to see and I can understand not being able to get past that. It's the continued striking from Hunt that makes me less able to say this wasn't worse.

I don’t really care what Ray Rice did afterwards. Dude flat out close fisted full strength his significant other and dragged her body.

Again, haven’t seen the end of the Hunt video, but I mean... stranger who pushes Hunt first... or girlfriend who instigates because Rice put his hands to her face or something along those lines?

Sure, Rice has been a good example of how to change. I commend that and I think society has room for him. This is the exact same thing I said about the messed up people like Louis CK and deserving a place in society post-fuckery. But I don’t know. Nothing gets much worse than the Ray Rice swing.

It was absolutely horrendous, and I think time is allowing me to kind of forget how bad it was. I'm not going to go watch it again, but I did forget about the drag afterwards until you mentioned it and now my memory is replaying that part, so yeah.

It's not like, who's violence against women was worse is a hill I want to die on anyways, so I'm more than happy to move on from this topic/line of thinking.

I didn’t rewatch either it but it was certainly stuck on replay in my head as well.

Anyways, yes you’re right. It’s all categorically reprehensible and unacceptable.

I'm salivating over who the next head coach will be. HOF QB, young talented players on both sides of the ball. Please don't fuck this up!

Last edited:
I'm salivating over who the next head coach will be. HOF coach, young talented players on both sides of the ball. Please don't fuck this up!
McAdoo_MB_2747_378px.jpg

Last year, I made it through 11 weeks before I stopped watching. This year, at least I got to week 13.

I don't know if you all are aware or not, but Jason Witten is the color commentator on ESPN's Monday Night Football. Would you like to hear some stats about Jason Witten, former Tight End for the Dallas Cowboys?

No?

How about a scathing commentary on the Redskins decision to pick up a player involved in a domestic violence situation during a Redskins drive? You'd like to hear about that? Well let Booger McFarland tell you all about how he feels about it while the Eagles intercept the ball. It's OK if the crowd is cheering so loudly for the interception that Booger has to yell to be heard, he doesn't mind. He's got at least five more minutes of opinion he'd like to get out during the football game.

Won't oddsmakers ever learn from making the Patriots big favorites in Miami? They can't handle the heat. I wish I bet on that game.

Hands team?
Wasn't an onside kick.
He was in for a hail mary to try and knock it down, they do that with him all the time. Dolphins didn't throw a hail mary.

Hands team?
Wasn't an onside kick.
He was in for a hail mary to try and knock it down, they do that with him all the time. Dolphins didn't throw a hail mary.

Err hands team, prevent team... same schtick. The group of the team’s best hands. Or in this case, for a Hail Mary, biggest best hands.

Yeah, the dolphins didn’t throw a Hail Mary because they were on their own 30 yard line.

With Ryan Tannehill as QB.

Not sure who was anticipating a Hail Mary outside of Bill Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom