NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain - one of our biggest, best stars just ended his career flashing his junk via cell phone then retired a goddamned Viking.

Thanks. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that LT was a Giant his whole career and never played for arch rivals like Dallas, the Skins or even the Eagles. Plus, he Main Evented WrestleMania once, so he's still got that going for him. :wink:

At 16, that's a pretty old middle schooler. :wink:

Well considering how she was earning cash, my guess is grades weren't her top priority, so she stayed back a couple of times. In fact the middle school principal held her back so he could continue his weekly private discipline sessions behind closed doors...all to benefit the girl's future.

"I'm not the cause of prostitution. And sometimes I make mistakes and I may go out there, but I didn't pick her up at no daddgone playground. She wasn't hiding behind the school bus or getting off a school bus. This is a working girl that came to my room. And I don't know what her age was. I asked her age. She told me she was 19. It is what it is."
"I don't card 'em," LT said. "I don't ask for a birth certificate. It's the world of prostitution," he continued. "You never know what you're gonna get. Is it gonna be a pretty girl, an ugly girl or whatever it's gonna be. ... I'm not saying it's right, but guys, it's the oldest profession in the world."

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4601508/lawrence-taylor-speaks-out-on-underage-prostitution-case/

nVXsU.gif

an appeal is an appeal. the NFL season is not a national security issue. at the very least the appeals process will eat into pre-season and training camp, and in the interest of "player safety" that would likely lead to the start of the season being pushed back.

barring an incredible will to compromise all of a sudden appearing out of mid air, which is always possible, the season will at the very least be delayed.

According to that specific court's schedule, most experts think an appeal would take 2-3 months at the most.

The judge is supposed to rule within a couple weeks of the April 6 hearing, so let's be conservative and say it is by the end of the month. Even if it takes three months, the process would finish by the end of July, which is when training camps start anyway.

Also, while less likely, if the judge rules in favor of the players without a stay, normal NFL business would resume immediately, even under appeal. I doubt that would happen though.

Anybody see "The Brady 6" on espn? Awesome...but then, I'm an unabashed Brady fanboy so they could do a spot about him carrying Giselle's bags and I'd be riveted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom