NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FIRST off, I thought it was awesome that they gave Rodgers the World Heavyweight Championship. That was hilarious.

Second, he really didn't deserve the MVP (but I guess who did? Jennings? Whoever got the pick-6?).

Third, Poorly executed 2-minute drill from the Steelers. Could've put that kick return on the ground... avoided the penalty, preserved the 2-minute warning. Didn't make much sense.

Fourth, and most important, the Black Eyed Peas put on the worst Super Bowl performance of all time. That was painful. Thank God Slash showed up to silence Fergie's inability to put a mic up next to her mouth.

i enjoyed my first super bowl. not nearly as hard to sit through as i thought it would be. in fact i'd rather watch 15 super bowls in a row than listen to the garbage that was the half time act again.

FIRST off, I thought it was awesome that they gave Rodgers the World Heavyweight Championship. That was hilarious.

Second, he really didn't deserve the MVP (but I guess who did? Jennings? Whoever got the pick-6?).

Third, Poorly executed 2-minute drill from the Steelers. Could've put that kick return on the ground... avoided the penalty, preserved the 2-minute warning. Didn't make much sense.

Fourth, and most important, the Black Eyed Peas put on the worst Super Bowl performance of all time. That was painful. Thank God Slash showed up to silence Fergie's inability to put a mic up next to her mouth.

Rodgers' line for the day: 24/39, 304 yds, 3 TD, 0 TDs

Over 60 % completion
3TDs
No picks
No fumbles
>300 yds

Totally deserves the MVP

Him or Clay Matthews

Three turnovers for 21 points is not going to win you many games.

The Packers didn't really play much better than the Steelers, but they took advantage of mistakes, and in the end that's all that matters.

And Rodgers was most definitely the MVP.

Rodgers' line for the day: 24/39, 304 yds, 3 TD, 0 TDs

Over 60 % completion
3TDs
No picks
No fumbles
>300 yds

Totally deserves the MVP

Him or Clay Matthews

He hardly took control over the game though... one of the TDs was practically handed to him by his defense/Roethlisberger. Could've put that game away a long, long time ago. Didn't.

The only thing that I feel that Rodgers did was not screw up. Dont get me wrong, he did great. It was just an overall team effort, and Rodgers kinda just won by default because it was so well spread between the team.

He hardly took control over the game though... one of the TDs was practically handed to him by his defense/Roethlisberger. Could've put that game away a long, long time ago. Didn't.

The only thing that I feel that Rodgers did was not screw up. Dont get me wrong, he did great. It was just an overall team effort, and Rodgers kinda just won by default because it was so well spread between the team.

Rodgers also made at least three beautiful throws that were flat-out dropped. If you don't think he was clearly the best player on the field tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

Rodgers also made at least three beautiful throws that were flat-out dropped. If you don't think he was clearly the best player on the field tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

Point, but he also threw a few passes behind or above his receivers.

Listen, the point I'm trying to make was that it was a combined effort and I really don't feel that he exactly stole the show. His defense did a lot early on to put the Packers up big early. He responded when the Steelers started to respond, which was key. All together, everyone contributed enough for the Packers to win.

Great game, but I haven't been so actively irritated by the event surrounding it in the decade or so I've watched closely. If Super Bowl commercials are the most valuable airtime money can buy, it's a damn shame that only Doritos and Pepsi consider it worth investing in. It was all bland slapstick this year too, which makes the lack of variety in products even worse. Usually, I don't mind the commercials so much, but ugh.

And then there's the Black Eyed Peas. I held out some hope that U2 fans weren't complete idiots in saying they were a good opening act (my bad), but there's no way in hell I could have discerned that through the awful mixing and, yeah, awful songs. Awful getups too; will.i.am's costume looked like two intergalactic vehicles rammed into it at once. Whitest black man on earth. When they sang Where Is The Love wearing those pieces of shit, it screamed Zoolander, if not Spinal Tap. Wise choice wheeling out Slash, even if the mixing rendered his guitar more or less unplugged.

But yeah, the game? Fun stuff. Packer victory was inevitable once it was clear that Rapelisberger had absolutely no interest in winning the game, but there was a 30 second span there where I had my doubts. I'm not certain that the best team won tonight, but I'm positive that the best QB did. I hate to pin it all on Ben, but he shot his own team in the foot repeatedly, and when their offense did get rolling, it was largely the running game that they relied on. Now he'll be public enemy #1 with the Pittsburgh police AND the fans!

Fun, weird-ass season. Already depressed as hell that it's over, but the fact that the Skins beat the Packers this year assures them victory next year, right? RIGHT?

Oh shit, Troy Polamalu, one of the most hardest hitting safeties in the league. But I put the team on my back though. Fuck it. You can't stop me. Cross the plane. Touchdown ... Greg Jennings.

FUCK YOU GUMBY.

As a Pea detractor, I will say that I thought this was far worse than their shows opening for U2. Those were much more coherent, and Fergie sounded loads better.

Fun, weird-ass season. Already depressed as hell that it's over, but the fact that the Skins beat the Packers this year assures them victory next year, right? RIGHT?

An odd season indeed. But, actually, it was the Dolphins victory over the Packers that assures the Dolphins win the Super Bowl next season :D

As a Pea detractor, I will say that I thought this was far worse than their shows opening for U2. Those were much more coherent, and Fergie sounded loads better.

Did they make a list of things people like and throw darts at it to choose Slash and Usher? A few inches over and we may have ended up with a dancing tub of butter.

Did they make a list of things people like and throw darts at it to choose Slash and Usher? A few inches over and we may have ended up with a dancing tub of butter.

And people dancing with boxes on their head.

Funny, because even their selection of songs (save Where is the Love) sucked.

But it's probably because their live performance of everything else is 10x worse.

And people dancing with boxes on their head.

Funny, because even their selection of songs (save Where is the Love) sucked.

But it's probably because their live performance of everything else is 10x worse.

The best part of the performance was that 5 seconds at the start in which Fergie's mic was turned all the way down. Momentarily prevented me from hearing her worst performance ever. I hope the guy who fucked it up keeps his job.

The butter probably would have been a better choice.

Sorry, Slash.

PhilsFan said:
Oh shit, Troy Polamalu, one of the most hardest hitting safeties in the league. But I put the team on my back though. Fuck it. You can't stop me. Cross the plane. Touchdown ... Greg Jennings.

FUCK YOU GUMBY.

Fo-tee nine twenty. Fuck wit me.

The best part of the performance was that 5 seconds at the start in which Fergie's mic was turned all the way down. Momentarily prevented me from hearing her worst performance ever. I hope the guy who fucked it up keeps his job.

Yeah? I had to hear Fergie perform Merry Clayton's? spot with Mick Jagger and U2 playing "Gimme Shelter". Was pretty awful. I mean, awesome that they showed up to that show, don't get me wrong. Just not so much that she performed in that song.

09000d5d81e2c6f4_gallery_600.jpg

I thought the Bud Light product placement one was funny. And the Chevy "Lassie" one right after it was cute.

Those were probably my favorites as well. I think I laughed the hardest at "Lassie" anyways. Pretty overall disappointed with the commercials this year though :slant:

Him getting that belt made me smile pretty hard. That was awesome.

Even if you don't think he deserved it tonight (which he did), he definitely deserved it for the season as a whole.

I was considering contracting one of my buddies at the game to take out Jordy Nelson by the end of the game.

Usher was there for the same reason Slash was. Will.i.am is featured on O.M.G. and Fergie's featured on one of Slash's songs from his last album. Weird though that they actually sang the song that Will.i.am is featured on and just randomly played a Guns N Roses song for Fegie, but I will never complain about "Sweet Child O' Mine".

Even if you don't think he deserved it tonight (which he did), he definitely deserved it for the season as a whole.

Oh for sure. He was great tonight, I just think his statistics were a tad inflated by the defense contributing to his success. Unfortunately people were calling him 'perfect' tonight simply because the stat sheet is so clean. In reality, the Steelers shot themselves in the foot so much that I know I've seen Rodgers perform on a higher level (just on a lower stage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom