NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:applaud:

Jew York Jets lol...

Funny, especially because the majority of my friends who are Jets fans aren't even Jewish (despite being from the Boca Raton area).

I don't have a good source but I heard on ESPN tonight that Drew Brees played the last 6 games with a torn MCL...but it was "low grade."

I'll be the first one to say that I'm not a Cutler fan and when I talk about him, I'm often negative. I think he chokes in the difficult situations; red zone interception, pressure from the defensive line, big time games on TV, etc.
And say what you want about the O-Line, Caleb Hanie somehow avoided pressure by stepping up in the pocket and completing passes...something Cutler didn't do all day.

But whatever, if he was hurt, so be it. But it just seems that he wasn't interested in the game. Maybe the NFL is different and you dont' need to be up cheering for your team, but it would be nice to see him limp over to meet the offense at the sideline.

Then again, maybe he did and the media ignored that and focused on the other stuff. It's hard to feel sorry for him though since his attitude and demeanor creates this situation, even if it is unfair.

A.D.D. post over.

But whatever, if he was hurt, so be it. But it just seems that he wasn't interested in the game. Maybe the NFL is different and you dont' need to be up cheering for your team, but it would be nice to see him limp over to meet the offense at the sideline.

Then again, maybe he did and the media ignored that and focused on the other stuff.

For what it's worth:

Hanie refutes critics who say Cutler didn't help him

I mean, really. Are we going to trust a Fox broadcast to give us the full picture of what really happened on those sidelines? Fuck no.

And here's an article with some quotes from Lovie and Jerry Angelo.

Smith defends Cutler after confirming MCL sprain - Chicago Breaking Sports

"Jay didn't take himself out of the game. If you're going to attack somebody, you should be attacking me as the head football coach, and our medical staff. We're the ones. He wanted to go back in. He was injured and went back in in the second half. I see it the complete opposite of how it's been portrayed right now."

Of course that's what the coach is going to say. Do all he can to take the heat off of his player. But, you know what, I'm going to believe him.

"For guys to take a shot that weren't there, to try and look at his body language and figure out whether he was hurt because he was on the sideline or 'what I would do in that situation,' you don't know what you would do in that situation. The guys that know what he was going through in there were the guys on the sideline. And go to our players and you can see exactly what went on. So I have no questions about anything of that."

I think LuckyNumber7 writes Lovie Smith's speeches. But, again, I'm going to agree.

"Surprised," he said. "I haven't seen it before. Seems like if you were in that fraternity, you would be stepping up for your fellow man, especially when you don't know."

"I think it's crap," Angelo said. "I thought they were a union. If that's the way they unionize themselves, they've got bigger issues than the one they have with the owners. I'm very disappointed."

Angelo was asked why people constantly point the finger at Cutler.

"I can't answer that," Angelo said. " I don't create perceptions. You create perceptions."

"I certainly don't like what was said. I take that personally, too. He's our quarterback. We wouldn't have been where we're at without him, and I want that to be made clear. We stand by him. Nobody's perfect. His play's not perfect. He's not perfect. There's nobody in this room or in this league that is, either."

It's a pretty simple statement, and overused. We've been hearing it from parents and teachers since we can remember. But it's so fucking true. Nobody's perfect. Preach it, Jerry.

Let's go. Roll on 2011. Jay Cutler will rise again.

For what it's worth:

Hanie refutes critics who say Cutler didn't help him

I mean, really. Are we going to trust a Fox broadcast to give us the full picture of what really happened on those sidelines? Fuck no.

And here's an article with some quotes from Lovie and Jerry Angelo.

Smith defends Cutler after confirming MCL sprain - Chicago Breaking Sports

It's a pretty simple statement, and overused. We've been hearing it from parents and teachers since we can remember. But it's so fucking true. Nobody's perfect. Preach it, Jerry.

Let's go. Roll on 2011. Jay Cutler will rise again.

I'll lay off the guy as I do understand his injury was for real. And he feels bad, were there really tears?

I just wish his actions on the sideline were different. And I'm not just talking about Sunday's game, I'm talking about games from last year and this year.

But I will agree with the skepticism towards the media portrayal. I just think his attitude could help that. But he doesn't care. And you know, his teammates really do like him. That says something too.

ap-63fdac3c78324e119a0ffe01ef99372a.jpg

I don't like the comparison of Cutler to LT. LT did what he did, and then never seemed to feel sorry, or bad about it. Then, he quit on San Diego all together and made his feelings well known.

Cutler, at least in reports, really feels badly about not playing...and what others are saying about him; especially NFL players. I don't hear him talking back or trying to defend himself. His teammates and coaches are taking care of that for him. On the sideline, things maybe seemed the same between the two, but their reaction to the criticism so far seems to be different.

Pro Bowl sucks - it doesn't matter if it's before or after the Super Bowl. Putting it a week before the Super Bowl isn't going to increase interest, especially since you've now eliminated some of the games top starts from competing.

Also, Aloha Stadium is the biggest shithole I've ever been to.

Funny because the NHL ASG was on... the Pro Bowl was on... but I opted to watch fake sports... the WWE Royal Rumble... instead.

Just goes to show you how lame both events are.

Well yeah, it was pretty lame. Not like I paid for it though. I enjoy a chuckle from WWE, but obviously never take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom