NFL part 4 - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #361
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Great shots, Headache!

My parents said someone NFL-related will be uploading pictures somewhere and putting up a link - not sure if it's on one of those sites or something completely unrelated.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #362
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:07 PM
good shots

that extra seating is ridiculous.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #363
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:07 PM
Fans are suing the league for the seating screwup. Good for them.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #364
45:33

Local Time: 01:07 PM
I heard they were getting triple refunds?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Move in Mysterious Ways
Fans are suing the league for the seating screwup. Good for them.
Meh, it really was mostly the host committee and jerry jones' fault.

Many league employees, who are facing pay cuts, furlough, and ultimately termination with this looming lockout, gave up their tickets at the last minute to help accommodate these fans who were displaced.

Ultimately, yes- the buck stops with the league, and goodell has fallen on his sword and taken all responsibility. But let's just put it this way... jerry spent a ton of money on that stadium largely to have events like this.

He better get a lot of final fours, cause the league and owners aren't going to award him another super bowl for a long, long time.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #366
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04
I heard they were getting triple refunds?
They have a choice

A) triple refunds and tickets to next years super bowl, which they will be free to sell on the open market

or

B) tickets to any future super bowl, all expenses paid, and they can decide what game to go to after the conference championship game of that particular year so that they can see if their favorite team is in the game. This one is nine transferible.

Plus every fan got the option to be in the bowl for the game with standing room tickets. Those who sat in the club did so by choice. And they got to go on the field for the post game celebration.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #367
45:33

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
They have a choice

A) triple refunds and tickets to next years super bowl, which they will be free to sell on the open market

or

B) tickets to any future super bowl, all expenses paid, and they can decide what game to go to after the conference championship game of that particular year so that they can see if their favorite team is in the game. This one is nine transferible.

Plus every fan got the option to be in the bowl for the game with standing room tickets. Those who sat in the club did so by choice. And they got to go on the field for the post game celebration.

well i know there is no replacement for the heartbreak of having a sports final ticket and it not working, particularly if your team is involved, but that sounds like a pretty fucking sweet deal to me.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #368
Blue Crack Addict

You'd be a fool to choose option A since there won't be a Super Bowl next year.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #369
Blue Crack Distributor

There will. A lockout is likely, but the agreement will come quickly. The players will crack.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #370
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Great pics Headache. Looks like you had a great time.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #371
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Mikal, did you go to the celebration at Lambeau yesterday? That would have been awesome, although it was so stinking cold. Unsurprisingly, the place was full of fans.

At the Milwaukee airport on Monday, every other person was decked out in Packer gear. My relatives who had flown in earlier said that pretty much everything was closed on Sunday. One place they went had a sign on the door with a picture of the state with the word CLOSED stamped across it. Hee!

My parents had a great time, and they got some cool pictures. And really nice Super Bowl jackets! One of my cousins claims she saw my dad on the sidelines on TV, but I missed him.
unfortunately i wasn't able to. i had an important conference call at work i had to take part in. luckily i was able to see the fireworks on my way home on the highway, so driving back from Appleton to Green Bay was pretty cool, lol!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #372
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:07 PM
That's cool. I love that a lot of the schools were closed on Monday. Gotta love a football town.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #373
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Just a few thoughts on what the Pack needs to do to remain a contender next season:

*Fire ST coach Sean Slocum. Hard to justify when you just won the Super Bowl, but this guy's unit is subpar (to put it nicely), and he's clearly the weak link in an otherwise excellent coaching staff. Their kickoff and punt coverage ranges from adequate to atrocious, and the return game in non-existant.

*Give Starks a shot at starting. Ryan Grant is a good player, but his numbers are misleading. While he's much better than Brandon Jackson (who started most of the season), he's not as explosive as Starks, and there were plenty of games in 08 and 09 where he was essentially a non-factor.

*Keep James Jones if Driver retires, otherwise let him go. He had the biggest drop of his career (potential 75 yard TD) in the Super Bowl on a perfect pass. He did the same thing against Philly. I like him, but I doubt Green Bay will overpay for someone who's unreliable.

*Keep AJ Hawk, get rid of Nick Barnett. Hawk upped his game this year. Barnett has been on the decline the past couple years and can't stay healthy. Plus he's a bit of an ass, as we've learned the past few weeks.

*Cut loose the dead weight - Donald Lee, Justin Harrell, Atari Bigby.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #374
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Move in Mysterious Ways View Post
Just a few thoughts on what the Pack needs to do to remain a contender next season:

*Fire ST coach Sean Slocum. Hard to justify when you just won the Super Bowl, but this guy's unit is subpar (to put it nicely), and he's clearly the weak link in an otherwise excellent coaching staff. Their kickoff and punt coverage ranges from adequate to atrocious, and the return game in non-existant.

*Give Starks a shot at starting. Ryan Grant is a good player, but his numbers are misleading. While he's much better than Brandon Jackson (who started most of the season), he's not as explosive as Starks, and there were plenty of games in 08 and 09 where he was essentially a non-factor.

*Keep James Jones if Driver retires, otherwise let him go. He had the biggest drop of his career (potential 75 yard TD) in the Super Bowl on a perfect pass. He did the same thing against Philly. I like him, but I doubt Green Bay will overpay for someone who's unreliable.

*Keep AJ Hawk, get rid of Nick Barnett. Hawk upped his game this year. Barnett has been on the decline the past couple years and can't stay healthy. Plus he's a bit of an ass, as we've learned the past few weeks.

*Cut loose the dead weight - Donald Lee, Justin Harrell, Atari Bigby.
-i think the improved Special Teams in the playoffs (they shut down Hester twice and Desean Jackson) has earned Slocum one more year. the injuries made it tought to ever have a steady Special Teams squad as well. what we need is a KR/PR threat.

- with Grant and Starks, i think the Pack can play the hot hand all year. i could see Grant having 100 yards one week, and then Starks the next. this 1-2 punch could make the Packers' offense even more lethal next year.

- Driver is returning. i'd still like to see Jones come back, but it's not a huge loss if he doesn't, especially with Finley returning and the emergence of Jordy Nelson. i'd also expect Thompson to draft a WR this year.

- i agree. restructure Hawk's contract. the only thing holding this up is that Hawk is due 10 million next season, so they need to work out an extension. Barnett can go somewhere else with his Twitter account.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
-i think the improved Special Teams in the playoffs (they shut down Hester twice and Desean Jackson) has earned Slocum one more year. the injuries made it tought to ever have a steady Special Teams squad as well. what we need is a KR/PR threat.

- with Grant and Starks, i think the Pack can play the hot hand all year. i could see Grant having 100 yards one week, and then Starks the next. this 1-2 punch could make the Packers' offense even more lethal next year.

- Driver is returning. i'd still like to see Jones come back, but it's not a huge loss if he doesn't, especially with Finley returning and the emergence of Jordy Nelson. i'd also expect Thompson to draft a WR this year.

- i agree. restructure Hawk's contract. the only thing holding this up is that Hawk is due 10 million next season, so they need to work out an extension. Barnett can go somewhere else with his Twitter account.
Grant and Starks sharing time might make for a very good running game - two very different styles. I'd keep Jackson only if you can get him cheap. He's purely a third down back, but he's good on passing plays.

I don't know - you're right that ST is improved, but think about the return by Weems in Atlanta and the fumble by Williams in Dallas.. It seemed like they just survived the playoffs. I can easily see ST being the reason the Pack falls short next year.

Barnett seemed to be whining about Bishop's extension (via Twitter) a couple weeks back. Too bad. The position was played better by Bishop this year. He's younger and eager to be the starter for years to come. Nick can pick up his game if he wants playing time next year - or to even be on the roster.