NFL part 4 - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:10 PM
I see Lucky's point though. The defense came ready to play and survived huge injuries to Woodson and (for a while) Shields that could have been disastrous. Matthews came through with a huge forced fumble. Collins had the biggest pick of his career. Jarret Bush usually sucks in coverage but had a key interception, and almost another one to end the game. Jennings made at least 3 big catches, two for touchdowns. Starks looked pretty good when he actually got the ball (blocking was another story though).

Seems fitting that the Packers lose two of their biggest stars in the biggest game of the year and still find a way to win.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #347
Refugee

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Rodgers was clearly the mvp, and I don't know why we're even discussing it. Nobody else stood out. Jordy Nelson probably could have made a case for himself if he didn't have a case of the stone hands.

I hate the black eyed peas, but they were great in person. I got to watch the replay back at the hotel and was very surprised how bad it looked and sounded.
I agree with both...

Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #348
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa.

i don't know what this argument is about really... he was clearly the only player who stood out. i agree it wasn't the best... super bowl quarterback performance... ever...

but yea, he's the clear mvp choice. if not him, who?

in air wifi
That's pretty much the conclusion I've come to after initially questioning it. Some people (not anyone in particular on these boards) have been trying to tell me he had a 'perfect' game. Take it for what it's worth though, because statistics never tell the whole story.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Take it for what it's worth though, because statistics never tell the whole story.
True - Namath in SB 3 or Bradshaw in SB 14 (three picks!) are good examples. On the other hand, you have performances like Steve Young (6 touchdowns) and Phil Simms (153 QB rating in an almost perfect game) that are often overlooked today because they were lopsided victories against inferior teams.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:10 PM
A couple of thoughts here...good game overall...for the Packers anyway. Pittsburgh had one really good drive in the first half and then a good second half. But it wasn't enough....no redemption for Roethlisberger i suppose.

Rogers is the clear choice for MVP, no question at all. He did what he did despite injuries and key drops by young WR's.

Mikal spoke very highly of Rogers last year in this forum, and he was correct. Look for this team to contend for several years to come.

As a Cowboy fan, i can say that Cowboys Stadium is an amazing piece of work, inside and out. However, the seating fiasco bothers even me. Of all the celebs that were able to make their way into Dallas for the game, yet JJ couldn't even get a local fire marshall into the stadium to buy off on the extra seats he had installed? WTF!

As for the city of Dallas not being fully prepared for the weather, im not sure im in agreement with that. True they might not have been adequately prepared, however, its not like they get this type of thing very often in Texas. I live 200 miles away from Dallas, give or take, and i can tell you that weather in this part of the world is very very unpredictable. The snowstorm / icestorm in Dallas last week also hit us really hard a week ago. We received 13" of snow in one day, which is pretty unusual for where i live. Further northeast in Tulsa they had 21". They predicted we would get a storm, but they really had no idea how big it was going to be until less than 24 hours prior. Dallas is typically a bit warmer than OKC, so for them to get a big snowstorm in Feb is somewhat unusual. And since we live in the heart of tornado alley, honestly, we do have some of the best weathermen around.

The national anthem was just horrible, no other way around that. And the halftime show wasn't much better...honestly...ive seen the Black Eyed Peas open for u2 in Norman, and in person they were pretty good. Not as good as Muse in Dallas, but suprisingly good considering the Peas weren't exactly my cup of tease. Whomever did the sound/mixing for that didn't do a very good job. Fergie soundes like absolute shit, Slash was boring and uninspired, Usher disappeared rather quickly, the whole thing was absolute shit. Then again, aside from u2 and Prince, these halftime shows usually are.

Anyway, Congrats Packers fans.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Rogers is the clear choice for MVP, no question at all. He did what he did despite injuries and key drops by young WR's.

Mikal spoke very highly of Rogers last year in this forum, and he was correct. Look for this team to contend for several years to come.
yep. i had the fortunate opportunity of having a night job, allowing me to watch the Packers training camp in 2007, Favre's last year with the team and Rodger's 3rd year. Rodger's leap from his 2nd to 3rd year was unbelievable. i've never seen a QB get the ball out so fast and with accuracy. he actually looked better than Favre in training camp. what made the decision in 2008 so heart wrenching is that the Packers were 1 play away from the Super Bowl in 2007. i think it worked out in our favor though.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #352
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
yep. i had the fortunate opportunity of having a night job, allowing me to watch the Packers training camp in 2007, Favre's last year with the team and Rodger's 3rd year. Rodger's leap from his 2nd to 3rd year was unbelievable. i've never seen a QB get the ball out so fast and with accuracy. he actually looked better than Favre in training camp. what made the decision in 2008 so heart wrenching is that the Packers were 1 play away from the Super Bowl in 2007. i think it worked out in our favor though.
tbh the packers were one play away from the super bowl in 2009 as well. had they beaten arizona i really think they were going well enough to hit the super bowl last year.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Rodgers was on Letterman last night, and Dave brought up Favre. Rodgers played it cool but then took a jab at Favre: "I was the one taking all the reps in the offseason, and he was the one taking all the reps during the regular season."
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #354
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Didn't Letterman also take a jab at Favre with some type of "diva" reference? I was half asleep when this was on....

Also, i guess i have been spelling Rogers name wrong all of this time
Old 02-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #355
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:10 PM
Mikal, did you go to the celebration at Lambeau yesterday? That would have been awesome, although it was so stinking cold. Unsurprisingly, the place was full of fans.

At the Milwaukee airport on Monday, every other person was decked out in Packer gear. My relatives who had flown in earlier said that pretty much everything was closed on Sunday. One place they went had a sign on the door with a picture of the state with the word CLOSED stamped across it. Hee!

My parents had a great time, and they got some cool pictures. And really nice Super Bowl jackets! One of my cousins claims she saw my dad on the sidelines on TV, but I missed him.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Did you check out replayphotos.com (or the Packers Pro Shop) or nfl.com's photos to see if your parents made it into any of the shots?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #357
Blue Crack Distributor

my little photo tour of super bowl week in dallas...

wednesday - stadium tour

thursday night - pepsi fan jam

friday - hey, more snow!

the snowy knoll

friday night - commissioner's party

yea i'm a dork

martina mcbride's ass

rex ryan's ass
Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

BTW, Clay Matthews showed up on WWE Smackdown last night and got involved in the main event match. Several other Packers were sitting ringside as well. It'll air Friday.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #359
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^ Very cool, Headache.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

super bowl saturday night - faith hill & the pretenders

carl banks

game day

getting in

keith urban @ tailgate

some of the added seating... the ones that weren't shut down... this is just comical. you can't see shit.

fergilicious

ahhh... home sweet home