NFL part 4 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
ohgodohgodohgod

Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #302
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:10 PM
so when do the packers face the champions of mars to determine winners of the universe championship?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #303
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:10 PM
FIRST off, I thought it was awesome that they gave Rodgers the World Heavyweight Championship. That was hilarious.

Second, he really didn't deserve the MVP (but I guess who did? Jennings? Whoever got the pick-6?).

Third, Poorly executed 2-minute drill from the Steelers. Could've put that kick return on the ground... avoided the penalty, preserved the 2-minute warning. Didn't make much sense.

Fourth, and most important, the Black Eyed Peas put on the worst Super Bowl performance of all time. That was painful. Thank God Slash showed up to silence Fergie's inability to put a mic up next to her mouth.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #304
45:33

Local Time: 10:10 AM
i enjoyed my first super bowl. not nearly as hard to sit through as i thought it would be. in fact i'd rather watch 15 super bowls in a row than listen to the garbage that was the half time act again.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #305
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
FIRST off, I thought it was awesome that they gave Rodgers the World Heavyweight Championship. That was hilarious.

Second, he really didn't deserve the MVP (but I guess who did? Jennings? Whoever got the pick-6?).

Third, Poorly executed 2-minute drill from the Steelers. Could've put that kick return on the ground... avoided the penalty, preserved the 2-minute warning. Didn't make much sense.

Fourth, and most important, the Black Eyed Peas put on the worst Super Bowl performance of all time. That was painful. Thank God Slash showed up to silence Fergie's inability to put a mic up next to her mouth.
Rodgers' line for the day: 24/39, 304 yds, 3 TD, 0 TDs

Over 60 % completion
3TDs
No picks
No fumbles
>300 yds

Totally deserves the MVP

Him or Clay Matthews
Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

Three turnovers for 21 points is not going to win you many games.

The Packers didn't really play much better than the Steelers, but they took advantage of mistakes, and in the end that's all that matters.

And Rodgers was most definitely the MVP.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #307
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Rodgers' line for the day: 24/39, 304 yds, 3 TD, 0 TDs

Over 60 % completion
3TDs
No picks
No fumbles
>300 yds

Totally deserves the MVP

Him or Clay Matthews
He hardly took control over the game though... one of the TDs was practically handed to him by his defense/Roethlisberger. Could've put that game away a long, long time ago. Didn't.

The only thing that I feel that Rodgers did was not screw up. Dont get me wrong, he did great. It was just an overall team effort, and Rodgers kinda just won by default because it was so well spread between the team.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:10 PM
guys, i missed the game. what happened?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #309
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Roethlisberger collapsed on the field and had a seizure. The game is postponed till tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
He hardly took control over the game though... one of the TDs was practically handed to him by his defense/Roethlisberger. Could've put that game away a long, long time ago. Didn't.

The only thing that I feel that Rodgers did was not screw up. Dont get me wrong, he did great. It was just an overall team effort, and Rodgers kinda just won by default because it was so well spread between the team.
Rodgers also made at least three beautiful throws that were flat-out dropped. If you don't think he was clearly the best player on the field tonight, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #311
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Brett Favre had a big press conference before the game, basically just begging and crying to be allowed to play for the Packers tonight. It was hiLARious.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #312
I hate this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post
gotta keep it in the nfc

31-20 packers
i was 5 points off
Old 02-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
Rodgers also made at least three beautiful throws that were flat-out dropped. If you don't think he was clearly the best player on the field tonight, I don't know what to tell you.
Point, but he also threw a few passes behind or above his receivers.

Listen, the point I'm trying to make was that it was a combined effort and I really don't feel that he exactly stole the show. His defense did a lot early on to put the Packers up big early. He responded when the Steelers started to respond, which was key. All together, everyone contributed enough for the Packers to win.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #314
The Male

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Great game, but I haven't been so actively irritated by the event surrounding it in the decade or so I've watched closely. If Super Bowl commercials are the most valuable airtime money can buy, it's a damn shame that only Doritos and Pepsi consider it worth investing in. It was all bland slapstick this year too, which makes the lack of variety in products even worse. Usually, I don't mind the commercials so much, but ugh.

And then there's the Black Eyed Peas. I held out some hope that U2 fans weren't complete idiots in saying they were a good opening act (my bad), but there's no way in hell I could have discerned that through the awful mixing and, yeah, awful songs. Awful getups too; will.i.am's costume looked like two intergalactic vehicles rammed into it at once. Whitest black man on earth. When they sang Where Is The Love wearing those pieces of shit, it screamed Zoolander, if not Spinal Tap. Wise choice wheeling out Slash, even if the mixing rendered his guitar more or less unplugged.

But yeah, the game? Fun stuff. Packer victory was inevitable once it was clear that Rapelisberger had absolutely no interest in winning the game, but there was a 30 second span there where I had my doubts. I'm not certain that the best team won tonight, but I'm positive that the best QB did. I hate to pin it all on Ben, but he shot his own team in the foot repeatedly, and when their offense did get rolling, it was largely the running game that they relied on. Now he'll be public enemy #1 with the Pittsburgh police AND the fans!

Fun, weird-ass season. Already depressed as hell that it's over, but the fact that the Skins beat the Packers this year assures them victory next year, right? RIGHT?

Now.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

Oh shit, Troy Polamalu, one of the most hardest hitting safeties in the league. But I put the team on my back though. Fuck it. You can't stop me. Cross the plane. Touchdown ... Greg Jennings.

FUCK YOU GUMBY.