NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the :huh:?

I was thinking, and said, the same thing.

There is not a more hated man in Chicago right now than Jay Cutler.

I guess I just didn't expect the animosity to be that widespread, but, as a Packers fan, I guess I wasn't watching the game all that objectively. I just assumed Cutler was legitimately injured (Which he might have been). Deion Sanders and Tom Jackson both just said the same thing (though not as bluntly): Perception's a bitch.

The animosity is strong. Very strong.

Personally, I've dusted off the ol' six string and have gone back to work on a song I started around this time last year. It's called "Someone Still Loves You, Jay Cutler."

It's a work in progress. Sort of a country-tinged ballad. Fingerpicked. Standard little major chord progression: D, E, G, D.

Cutler's just hard to read. I know he's been accused of looking like he doesn't care before (Jim Mora Sr.'s commentary right after the 2009 season-opener was particularly scathing).

Wait I'm not quite getting this...

Why is Cutler so hated? I mean.. what difference does it make? Jay Cutler with an injured knee in sub-20 degree weather or a healthy Caleb Hanie who did a spectacular job save the pick-6.

The verdict on Cutler will depend on the severity of the injury. If he has a serious knee problem (which seems unlikely based on how he was moving around the sidelines), people may be forgiving. If he has only a minor sprain, then his reputation will never recover. If there's any jargon-quality in football that the media and most fans seem to admire, it is "toughness," and Cutler is in serious danger of being labeled as weak.

I just wish he would walk around the sideline or talk to Hanie or do something besides stand on the sideline with that stupid look on his face. I mean, if he was injured I know he's not going to jump up and down with excitement like Rodgers was. But come on...talk to your teammates, get jacked up.

"This isn't Detroit man...this is the Super Bowl!"

Wait I'm not quite getting this...

Why is Cutler so hated?

How is this eluding people?

The man left the NFC championship game, at home, against a hated rival. One of the biggest games in the history of the franchise. He wasn't carted off the field. He wasn't on crutches. He was seen riding the stationary bicycle. Many people think he should have manned up and continued to play.

If he has only a minor sprain, then his reputation will never recover.

False.

As I said earlier, if he wins a Super Bowl, this is forgotten and will be merely a footnote. It's become a cliche now in the sporting world, but people like a comeback story. Jay is knocked down right now. But if he climbs to the top and brings a title to Chicago, this is all but erased and his reputation is restored.

A lot of Bears fans are furious right now. But a lot of Bears fans are also capable of forgiveness and love. Just gotta give it some time. And a shiny silver Lombardi trophy.

How is this eluding people?

The man left the NFC championship game, at home, against a hated rival. One of the biggest games in the history of the franchise. He wasn't carted off the field. He wasn't on crutches. He was seen riding the stationary bicycle. Many people think he should have manned up and continued to play.

Cmon now, quit trying to make a scapegoat out of Cutler.

Are you a doctor? Did you examine Jay Cutler after his injury? Are you Jay Cutler? Do you know how much pain he was in? Do you know if he was able to run? Do you know how it felt?

Manned up and continued to play. Easy for everyone else to say. All the fans, sitting on their sofa in their nice cozy warm homes.

Those players are tough as nails. When they go down, it's something more serious than a little boo-boo. They take abusive punishment on the field, and you don't even see them wince or shiver from the wind-chilled 8 degree weather. Which, by the way, will absolutely make your leg lock up if there is any sort of inflamation around the knee.

This is ridiculous. Anyways, Hanie did a great job, not as though Cutler would've done much better.

Are you a doctor? Did you examine Jay Cutler after his injury? Are you Jay Cutler? Do you know how much pain he was in? Do you know if he was able to run? Do you know how it felt?

Manned up and continued to play. Easy for everyone else to say. All the fans, sitting on their sofa in their nice cozy warm homes.

Those players are tough as nails. When they go down, it's something more serious than a little boo-boo. They take abusive punishment on the field, and you don't even see them wince or shiver from the wind-chilled 8 degree weather. Which, by the way, will absolutely make your leg lock up if there is any sort of inflamation around the knee.

This is ridiculous. Anyways, Hanie did a great job, not as though Cutler would've done much better.
Wait, he's the one defending Cutler.

Dude. Have you not been reading what I've been typing? I guess you haven't been around here as long as some others on this forum, so maybe you haven't yet been hit over the head with my obnoxious Jay Cutler love fest posts.

I'm as big a Jay Cutler supporter and defender as you will probably ever encounter. On the internet, on the streets, wherever, whenever. That is my motherfucker. My negro. I love him to death. I'd take a bullet for the guy.

I never said that's what I personally felt about the situation. I haven't blamed Cutler for anything, or made him a scapegoat. I don't presume to know about the details of the injury. Of course I'm not a doctor, and of course I didn't examine him. I was speaking from the viewpoint of those that are blaming him. Trying to explain why others , countless others, are hating him right now.

EDIT: I see. You did misunderstand a little bit. It's all good. If you have beef with the situation, take it to the millions of people pissed off in Cook County right now. Or those idiots that are burning jerseys.

That's my quarterback.

terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Disappointing shit, today. And a very bizarre situation with Cutler.

Now, here's the thing.

It's quite simple, really.

Personally, I'm going to stand by the guy. And defend him. And cheer for him. He's the most talented QB the franchise has ever had. He had a good year, got us to the conference title game behind a mediocre O-line and with a mediocre receiving corps. Very unfortunate what happened today, but I'm going to put that behind me and move forward.

As for the majority of Chicago fans, though? It's simple.

Jay Cutler: Go win a Super Bowl or else you go down as the biggest goat in the history of the city. Steve Bartman, you're off the hook.

Win a Super Bowl. This is it. Jay, if you don't win a Super Bowl before your contract is up, you are completely fucked and are public enemy #1 in one of the biggest sports cities in the world. He won't be able to show his face. He won't be able to buy a pack of smokes. He won't be able to walk down the street. Cutler can never live this down, unless we soon see a picture of him smiling and holding the Lombardi trophy.

Do I think he can win a Super Bowl? Absofuckinglutely. The Bears will be in position for another playoff run next year. Matt Forte, Devin Hester, and that defense aren't going anywhere.

He just makes himself such an easy target, which is frustrating. His demeanor is open for ridicule. He's a smart guy, and is perfectly aware that standing on the sidelines during the second half of the NFC title game is only going to add fuel to the fire. He knows that he's not the most liked guy in the sporting world, already. And then he goes and does this shit today.

Vexing, for certain. I am vexed. Confused. And half drunk on caffeine.

But he's going to get a chance to bounce back from this. Go win the big one. And I pray he does. Shut everybody else up. And shut me up.

For the record, this is why I am not a Bears fan, despite following Chicago in pretty much all other sports. My whole life I've been dealing with "Fans" like these, and it pisses me off. In spite of --->

Which is of course, a (potentially) valid reason for Bears' fans to be upset.

What people are of course forgetting is the fact that he made Cutler ineligable in the 4th quarter. It's not Cutler's fucking fault. Get a clue, Chicago.

even as a Packers fan, i feel bad for all the flack that Cutler is getting. from what i hear, he's actually a pretty good guy.

Cutler thought he was hurt enough to render himself unable to plant and throw. He left the second-to-last game from winning a championship, is he supposed to feel 'pumped up' or try and 'get a hand in' and get everyone on the sideline going? Is every athlete supposed to act in the same way when he is taken out of the biggest game of his career, so far?

The pundits will second-guess, insult his mother, imply there's some kind of betting conspiracy like this is the 1930s...etc. Fuck 'em.

The guy's been sacked enough this season to know his own fucking knee, you have to be kidding me....

Right or wrong, Cutler's body language yesterday reminded people of Ladanian Tomlinson in the AFC Championship game 3 yrs ago:
128-Jets_Tomlinson_Football.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.13.jpg

when he played like 6 plays then sat the balance of the game with an MCL sprain on the bench with his helmet and parka on, never getting up to cheer on his teammates or lend any insight to Sproles or Turner, all the while Philip Rivers as Headache mentioned earlier is playing the entire game on a torn ACL 6 days after knee surgery...Cutler's only hope is that reports today are of a severe knee injury and the medical staff deciding he could not play...if word gets out that he opted out of the game with a minor injury, he'll never be able to succeed in Chicago, the fans, save GAF, will be relentless in their torment of the guy.

Cheers Jay:
kyle_orton_drunk_9.jpg

What that guy said.

Jay cutler is a giant vag.

Of course the players on the post game shows came to his defense over the injury... you don't throw anyone under the bus if they say they have an injury. Doesn't mean you don't feel that way personally, you just don't say it unless you know full well that he wasn't hurt.

That's our job.

Say what you will about favre and rothlisberger. Sure, they like showing their junk to people who don't ask. But the only way they come out of a game is on a stretcher.

Cutler is soft.

What that guy said.

Jay cutler is a giant vag.

Of course the players on the post game shows came to his defense over the injury... you don't throw anyone under the bus if they say they have an injury. Doesn't mean you don't feel that way personally, you just don't say it unless you know full well that he wasn't hurt.

That's our job.

Say what you will about favre and rothlisberger. Sure, they like showing their junk to people who don't ask. But the only way they come out of a game is on a stretcher.

Cutler is soft.

And I'm gonna redirect you to my post.

Easy for you to speak. You're not Jay Cutler.

i read your post.

i know what it's like to play with injuries and pain. not at that level, obviously, but i know enough. i know about waking up at 5 in the morning and spending an hour and a half in the trainers room just to be able to practice. i also know enough about sports and know enough about what other players have played with to know who's a vag and who's not. jay cutler? huge, giant vag.

even if it turns out that he has some sort of debilitating injury. still a vag. he pretty much came out of the game without much of a fight. you hear stories all the time about how teams have to take the helmet away from a guy to keep him from sneaking back out onto the field. the medical staff literally has to protect the player from himself, because his desire and will to win is so strong that he's willing to put his body through things that the body is not supposed to go through just to win the game.

that's not jay cutler. that's also not ladanian tomlinson, as has already been pointed out. the real LT, off the field activities aside, played a game with a torn pectoral muscle, forcing his arm to be tied in a harness behind his back. he had 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. i watched emmit smith run for 170 yards on the giants defense in a crucial game with a separated shoulder. brett favre? as nauseating as he can be, that was one tough motherfucker.

jay cutler? he's a huge, giant vag.

And I'm gonna redirect you to my post.

Easy for you to speak. You're not Jay Cutler.

* Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew wrote, “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee… I played the whole season on one.”

* Former NFL lineman and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth wrote, “As a guy how had 20 knee surgeries you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!”

* Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett wrote, “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”

* Jaguars linebacker Kirk Morrison wrote, “Jay Cutler better go put some Tussin on that knee and get back out there.”

* Deion Sanders wrote, “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.

Even one of Cutler’s fellow quarterbacks, Oakland’s Bruce Gradkowski, got in on the action, writing that he once played with two torn MCLs and adding, “Is cutler still ur starter next year? Did the players give up on him?”

can they speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom