NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he wants to be a defensive coordinator again, we'll have a vacancy soon and would happily take him.

Won't happen though.

I think he ends up o on TV, where he could be quite good.
Rob on the other hand may have had his last shot as DC, he'll be lucky to land a position coach job.

Rex could be a great defensive coordinator in the right spot. He's a terrible head coach and always has been. Yes, the players love him. But they love him because he's their buddy, which works as an assistant but not as the lead dog. His behavior sets the tone for the rest of the organization, and dude's just a loud mouthed dick.

I think he ends up o on TV, where he could be quite good.
Rob on the other hand may have had his last shot as DC, he'll be lucky to land a position coach job.

Yeah, I think TV is the best way to go for Rex. He has a larger than life personality that could serve him well on TV or even radio.

I can't get enough of what Tampa Bay needs to make the playoffs. They have hit a nine team parlay card that includes a tie between the Skins-Giants.

0.0016% chance

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1483030834.650957.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

? why? That just sounds like you're making a traditionalist argument.

I'd say the only uninteresting matchup is Detroit-Seattle. Both AFC matchups have interesting dynamics. Does Tannehill play? Do the Texans have a chance now that the QB situation is leveled?

On paper, a Carr-less Raiders vs. a perennially QB-less Texans that always disappoints in the playoffs might be the worst playoff matchup I've seen in years. To top it off, they've already played each other this year.

Last edited:
? why? That just sounds like you're making a traditionalist argument.

I'd say the only uninteresting matchup is Detroit-Seattle. Both AFC matchups have interesting dynamics. Does Tannehill play? Do the Texans have a chance now that the QB situation is leveled?

Oak/Hou, with their QB situations, looks to be ugly offensive football.

I can't see the Lions doing much in Seattle.

While Miami beat Pittsburgh during the season, Big Ben was hobbling through it, and this time the game is in Pitt. I can't see the Dolphins staying with them, even if Tannehill makes it back.

Although as a Patriots fan, I'll be more than happy if I'm wrong.

Should be a fun one on Sunday. A great defense vs a QB paint out of his mind.

Funny thing is that the local news talked all about how the Packers can't think about what happened the last time the Giants were in town for the playoffs, but the Packers only have 8 players on their roster that played in that game.

Last two times ;)

7.5 was bet down to 4.5 almost immediately, which is about what it should be.

Two teams that scare me the most on the NFC side were Green Bay and Atlanta. Was hoping Seattle was going to blow it against San Fran, as they suck. Oh well... gotta beat a good team at some point if you want to move on. Might as well be the first game.

Rodgers is playing out of his mind, but the Giants defense is designed to stop the type of offense they play. The key will be when Rodgers is flushed out of the pocket... and can the offense not be dog shit.

Honestly this defense is the best the Giants have had since 2007. I think they might even be a touch better than that 2007 team. Clearly they don't have the DEs that team had (who does?) but they are just really good from top to bottom. The defensive backs are just terrific, and I can't remember a Giants defense that closed on the ball and finished tackles this well, at least in recent memory. Might have to go back to the 90 team.

Key to the game, and the playoffs, is Ereck Flowers. Guy's been a complete bust thus far, and is the #1 reason why the offense has struggled. He shows the signs as to why he was such a high pick from time to time, but more often than not he gets pushed around like a rag doll. Can't run a timing, quick offense if your blind side is being collapsed on every play. Rodgers will get his, but the defense will hold him somewhat. Will the offense show up to play? And specifically, will Flowers?

-Perkins is looking good. Will provide a threat of a run.

- Eli has to take advantage of a banged up Packers secondary. People that say he is having a garbage year need not look farther than the 44 yard bomb he dropped to King at the end of the game and not be reminded of his perfect ball to Manningham in XLVI

- Defense wins championships and we are playing lights out. We pulled some key pieces in the 2nd half and the Skins still couldn't get the points together.

- Having said that, Rodgers is a magician when flushed out of the pocket. If there is an antidote to our D it could be him.

One thing I'm confident in is that it should be very close barring any injuries to key players.

Both teams are very dangerous and it's a Shane they play each other in the first round.

One of my pet peeves on sports talk shows that is relatively new phenomenon is adding 'A' before a full name of player.

Example

"You have A Dak Prescott, who can make plays with his feet, you have A Sean Lee who can blast into the running lanes"

Trying to think of who does it the most. So stupid.

Tough year to be a Giants fan.

First they sign the wife beating kicker, then defend him.
Then they get caught cheating with walkie talkies, get a small fine.
Now the worst of the worst, their WR corps is partying till 6AM in Miami with Justin Bieber.
The last one is enough to make Headache a Jets fan.

I would say you're right, but then you remember the Jets are really really bad. And Bryce Petty is their quarterback. And they gave America the butt fumble.

And suddenly you learn to stomach the Biebs.

Last edited:
Tough year to be a Giants fan.

First they sign the wife beating kicker, then defend him.

Brown thing was a bad look, but at least he didn't kill a guy or three...
I would say you're right, but then you remember the Jets are really really bad. And Bryce Petty is their quarterback. And they America the butt fumble.

And suddenly you learn to stomach the Biebs.
I've got Bieber fever

Back
Top Bottom