NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But could we talk for a moment about the fact that the San Dieangeles Chargers kicker is named Younghoe?

If his name is what I think it is in Korean, it's pronounced somewhere between 'Young-way', 'Young-hway' and 'Young-hay'. (EDIT: Yup, it's 구영회.)

Also, he has the oddest blend of Korean and Deep South accents, having gone to college in Georgia:

With Denver's defense and Jamaal Charles' emergency backup of OBJ at flex, I won my game by 0.04 points. Which is one QB throwing yard. Which is as close as it possibly could be [emoji41]

I'm so glad I drafted both David Johnson and Danny Woodhead. I'm really primed for a good season!

To be fair, he was basically asked to kick the game winning Field Goal in back-to-back road games. It might be generous to the Chargers to say the crowd was 60% Dolphins fans in LA. It may have been closer to 70%.

Hurricane Irma didn't take away the Dolphins home opener after all.

Went to my first Redskins game today and had a blast. Seeing us look more or less together revived my interest in our season, though it is difficult to get attached when I know we're likely to see a massive overhaul next season.

To be fair, he was basically asked to kick the game winning Field Goal in back-to-back road games. It might be generous to the Chargers to say the crowd was 60% Dolphins fans in LA. It may have been closer to 70%.

Hurricane Irma didn't take away the Dolphins home opener after all.
I really don't know what the NFL is doing. Maybe they just want the tv revenue from being in LA and don't give a turkey about attendance.

USC vs Texas outdrew the Chargers and Rams combined. Now I know the Chargers are essentially playing in a small Texas high school Stadium, but the Rams played in the same stadium as the USC/Texas game.

it was shockingly empty in the upper bowl on television for the rams game. half the seats i could see were vacant in the 2nd quarter.

Purely anecdotal, but a friend of mine sold his season tickets when he realized he could just stubhub better seats on Game day for less. It's just history repeating.

I really don't know what the NFL is doing. Maybe they just want the tv revenue from being in LA and don't give a turkey about attendance.

USC vs Texas outdrew the Chargers and Rams combined. Now I know the Chargers are essentially playing in a small Texas high school Stadium, but the Rams played in the same stadium as the USC/Texas game.

One team in LA was all that was needed. No doubt the desire to be there is driven by the fact that its the #2 TV market, but as Ashley says above, history repeating.

Attendance for one team would be tough but acceptable, 2 have no shot.

Chargers should have stayed in San Diego, league looked as perfectly balanced geographically as ever last season.

All of California has been butchered by the league

The 49ers are awful again, and they built a stadium so far away from their fan base that they're having issues drawing even the die hards. And apparently no how they designed the stadium causes a massive sun glare to be cast right on the stands that the TV cameras face, causing them to look even emptier than they already are.

The best team in the state is on its way to Vegas.

The Chargers play in a minor league soccer stadium... And don't sell out.

It's terrible. Truly terrible. I had no real issue bringing back the rams, besides being irritated with them constantly moving, but the raiders going to Vegas is horrible, but and I don't understand what the chargers are doing.

The 49ers are awful again, and they built a stadium so far away from their fan base that they're having issues drawing even the die hards. And apparently no how they designed the stadium causes a massive sun glare to be cast right on the stands that the TV cameras face, causing them to look even emptier than they already are.

:lol: so stupid.

i stayed in cupertino about 5 years ago for a week on business and travelled up to san francisco for a day. shortly afterwards they announced the new stadium would be in santa clara and i knew instantly it was a terrible idea. it's a long drive (minimum 1 hr just to the south edge of the city) on a shitty old freeway that has tons of traffic. it's probably many times worse if you're coming from oakland or marin county, almost certainly not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

I thought he hit the first one, but TO was called and a guy came through and blocked the retry. First time I've ever seen an offensive line get iced.

The New York Giants are one of the worst teams I've ever seen.

And I remember when the dolphins beat the Baltimore ravens on a Greg Camarillo TD in OT from Cleo Lemon to avoid losing every game of the season.

I'll be surprised if the Giants win a game at this pace.

That 74 yard drive with 1st & goal from the 1 that ended with two offensive penalties and a field goal summed up their situation pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom