NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a friend who was a NW fan and was obsessed with Siemian. Sadly he died of West Nile Virus last month. I will root for him in his honor.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Belichick really is getting carried away with this 'force the other team into a fire drill' tactic. I think he thinks it's funny.

Wasn't paying much attention to this in the earlier games, but the Patriots picked up ~30 yards of field position by popping up kickoffs and forcing returns short of the 25 yard line instead of just kicking it into the end zone as the Cardinals did.

Belichick really is getting carried away with this 'force the other team into a fire drill' tactic. I think he thinks it's funny.

Except that this time there was no fire drill by the Cards, they had the full :40 to get the FG unit on and honestly if that kick is good, Bill looks stupid for not calling the last TO as soon as the 3rd down play ended. Lost about 25 seconds of time that would have been crucial if they needed to try and get into FG range. The downside would have been what, Jimmy G has to take 2 kneel downs instead of 1? That was just poor clock management and he got away with it (2nd time in a row in that building).

Wasn't paying much attention to this in the earlier games, but the Patriots picked up ~30 yards of field position by popping up kickoffs and forcing returns short of the 25 yard line instead of just kicking it into the end zone as the Cardinals did.

Yes, Gostkowski's first kick off was traditional kick off though the end zone and Cards started at the 25. All the others he kicked high and to about between the goal line to 5 yard line area and I think the best spot the Cards started from was the 19.
Don't know if any other teams employed a similar strategy.

Skins followed their usual MO of playing like absolute garbage following a good season. I guess the hype and expectations of an early playoff exit is too much for them.

Last edited:
good god man, it's week one.

but yea, they played like dogshit in this one. even my super-casual fan girlfriend noted that they seemed especially bad.

lots of time to turn it around. the eagles played well this week but i still expect them to lose the majority of their remaining games.

Idk. If there's ever a sport where it's okay to admit your team is as shitty as they've always been after just the first game (Dolphins), it's football. I feel that pain.

I think if I'd experienced two good seasons in a row with this team, I'd be able to shake off a lousy start like this one, but it's become the norm for them to follow success with failure.

1999 (10-6, playoffs)--->2000 (8-8)
2005 (10-6, playoffs)--->2006 (5-11)
2007 (9-7, playoffs)--->2008 (8-8)
2012 (10-6, playoffs)--->2013 (3-13)
2015 (10-6, playoffs)--->2016 (???)

That's one great batch of receivers we've got though, good God.

Last edited:
And, somehow, ours wasn't the worst or costliest performance of the night. The Rams were hooooorrrrrible.

There's no winning over Los Angeles with that dreck.

Back
Top Bottom