NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really feel that bad for St Louis fans, because they took the team from LA to begin with, and because they're likely to also be Cardinals fans, and thus a bunch of twats.

Well, ironically enough, a California lady brought the Rams to Missouri and a Missouri man is bringing them back to California. Obviously, one can argue that St. Louis didn't "take" the Rams. They just accepted them when the Rams wanted to flee California.

Meanwhile, the larger news is that the Giants reportedly are close to signing Ben McAdoo to be their next Head Coach.

Don't worry, the Seattle Supersonics (cough) Oklahoma City Thunder aren't going anywhere. :wink:

I still think Oklahoma City Bison would've been a better name. I staunched hard for that name for no purpose other than the fact that everyone hated it. They had a vote on the team name and somehow the stupid Thunder name won. They'll always be the OKC Bison in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i still think oklahoma city bison would've been a better name. I staunched hard for that name for no purpose other than the fact that everyone hated it. They had a vote on the team name and somehow the stupid thunder name won. They'll always be the okc bison in my heart.

Sent from my iphone using u2 interference

k

I still think Oklahoma City Bison would've been a better name. I staunched hard for that name for no purpose other than the fact that everyone hated it. They had a vote on the team name and somehow the stupid Thunder name won. They'll always be the OKC Bison in my heart.

Seeing as how the Buffalo Bisons have been a noteworthy Minor League baseball team for many years, the name Bison(s) stood zero chance of being named for the NBA team that Oklahoma City "stole". :wink:

Meanwhile, the larger news is that the Giants reportedly are close to signing Ben McAdoo to be their next Head Coach.

First the Browns hire a baseball guy to run their team, now the Giants hire a basketball player to coach their team...what is happening to the NFL?

3.-Bob-McAdoo-Top-5-Centers-In-New-York-Knicks-History.jpg

:wink:

I have a very meh, we'll see attitude over this hiring.

Right. Essentially, the Giants are saying that TC was the reason that the Giants sucked this season. Same GM. Same DC. And McAdoo will be the glorified OC with Joe Philbin as the new official OC. If the Giants are worse than 8-8 next year, I'd have to think Reese is gone.

Meanwhile, Philly is possibly looking to hire TC as their HC. I'm sure the Giants love that. Fuck it, though, if they thought TC wasn't good enough to coach their team anymore.

I think McAdoo did a good job getting Eli back on track, and I understand the idea that they've got a lot of money committed to the last years here with Eli and want to make sure he's comfortable.

That said, I think the stupid clock management decisions to throw the ball when they should have run it were McAdoo's doing more than Coughlin. We'll see if I'm right, I guess.

I'd have preferred a defensive minded head coach with McAdoo staying at OC. Oh, and a new fucking GM.

Alas...

At least Coughlin told Philly to fuck off

Don't be shocked if Gronk doesn't play or is extremely limited tomorrow.

Not good.

And you're playing a scary team.

If the Steelers players weren't all dead, I'd say that there's a remote possibility that all four road teams could win again this weekend.

And you're playing a scary team.

If the Steelers players weren't all dead, I'd say that there's a remote possibility that all four road teams could win again this weekend.

I think Seattle is the most likely road team to win. Pittsburgh would have been that choice if healthy, but Brown has been ruled out (even though he was faking), Williams has been ruled out and Big Ben can't throw more than 20 yards, so they will only win if Peyton throws 4+ picks, a 50/50 proposition.
I think the Pats will probably win even if Gronk sits just because the Chiefs with a limited or absent Maclin have basically one weapon in Kelce and Belichick will take that away. Could be a low scoring game.
And frankly I think your Pack has the least chance of any of the road teams. I don't think you'll see the offense click like it did in DC. Cardinals are a pretty complete team.

So my bold predictions:

Pats 20 Chiefs 16
Cardinals 31 Pack 17
Seahags 23 Panthers 20
Broncos 27 Steelers 21

Best weekend of sports. Lets go.

I think Seattle is the most likely road team to win. Pittsburgh would have been that choice if healthy, but Brown has been ruled out (even though he was faking), Williams has been ruled out and Big Ben can't throw more than 20 yards, so they will only win if Peyton throws 4+ picks, a 50/50 proposition.
I think the Pats will probably win even if Gronk sits just because the Chiefs with a limited or absent Maclin have basically one weapon in Kelce and Belichick will take that away. Could be a low scoring game.
And frankly I think your Pack has the least chance of any of the road teams. I don't think you'll see the offense click like it did in DC. Cardinals are a pretty complete team.

So my bold predictions:

Pats 20 Chiefs 16
Cardinals 31 Pack 17
Seahags 23 Panthers 20
Broncos 27 Steelers 21

Best weekend of sports. Lets go.

Yeah, I agree that Seattle has the best chance to win and agreed about Maclin with the Chiefs.

With the Packers it's so hard to say. When they click on offense, they're scary but it's all dependent on how they actually play. I'm going in with the expectation that the Packers will lose but they're also the kind of team that could randomly go into Arizona and win by 2 TD's because maybe they're finally playing up to their potential.

Should be fun either way!

Pats/Chiefs is the most interesting game of the weekend for me. One team is white hot and the other is extremely good but floundering a bit. Let's see just how far this momentum can carry the Chiefs.

Panthers and Cards should take care of business at home. They're both very complete teams, well rested and are playing great football as of late (9-1 each over their last 10). I have no idea which Broncos and Steelers teams are about to show up. I just have a hard time believing that this battered Steelers team beats the Broncos twice in one year, this time on the road.

Last edited:
how many Super Bowls have you watched?

you have never watched all of them, today you will have a chance to watch the first one

Super Bowl I Tape Was Erased Long Ago; Now The Game Will Air Again : NPR

Super Bowl I: The Lost Game
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The first-ever re-broadcast of Kansas City vs. Green Bay in Super Bowl I, which took place on Jan. 15, 1967, in Los Angeles. Included: never-before-seen footage; commentary from studio contributors and special guests; and social-media interaction.

"This is a win or win for New England!"

"Don't they always? :cute: "

"Even when they lose they win! :love: "

Fucking disgusting commentary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom