NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't help but thinking that losing to the Vikings last week was the best thing that could have happened to the Packers.

Redskins>Cardinals seems like an easier path to the NFC Championship game than Seahawks>Panthers.

You're kidding, right? Pack just got destroyed by the Cardinals a few weeks ago...

I'm cautiously optimistic. The one thing that's been overlooked this whole season, while the Packers offense has struggled, is the fact that their defense is playing the best since they won the Super Bowl in 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear God, at least we didn't lose to the Seahawks. Fucking hate that team. I'm legitimately angry at the Vikings for letting them hang around.

A repeat of last year's Super Bowl might be the first one I actively avoid.

Last edited:
Dear God, at least we didn't lose to the Seahawks. Fucking hate that team. I'm legitimately angry at the Vikings for letting them hang around.

A repeat of last year's Super Bowl might be the first one I actively avoid.

Oh yeah. Aside from week three the Redskins were on the other end of probably the best Packers performance this year. They are on their way up for sure and should hold their heads high.

Oh yeah. Aside from week three the Redskins were on the other end of probably the best Packers performance this year. They are on their way up for sure and should hold their heads high.

I'm not happy, but not jumping off a cliff either. Wish we had played a full 60 minutes, but it's obvious who the team with championship experience was.

That really does matter. As a Blackhawks fan, I'm used to watching a sluggish team nab the #5 seed only to stomp exciting young teams like it's nothing, despite the odds. The Packers were getting outclassed early, but they had the confidence to play their game for 60 minutes and expect good things to happen.

Sometimes a year full of challenges can pay dividends in January. They had been in trying situations and today their composure showed.

Last edited:
seahawks-vs-vikings-memes_14.jpg

It seemed like it was going to be the Rams until a few hours ago, and now it's looking like Chargers and Raiders, which, if they're insisting on a two team stadium, is the better choice. The Rams moved over half the country away. It's dumb, to me, to have them come back. Meanwhile, we all know the Raiders NEED a new stadium, and the Chargers' own is pretty lame. And those teams still seem to have pretty active fanbases in LA, for as much as any football team can have a fanbase in LA.

In general, though, I hate this. Two teams means a home game EVERY Sunday :grumpy:.

It got flipped

5-1 committee vote got flipped the other way to 30-2 from all owners

Now we have Rams at old Hollywood Race track site with possible Chargers coming, too.

Raiders left out.

Last edited:
2 teams in the same division sharing a stadium seems wrong.

Rams should have been allowed to move back to LA, would have made the NFC west more geographically cohesive, making the Cowboys the only obvious out of place (geographically) team, but you'll never get them out of the east due to the historic rivalries.

Last edited:
It got flipped

5-1 committee vote got flipped the other way to 30-2 from all owners

Now we have Rams at old Hollywood Race track site with possible Chargers coming, too.

Raiders left out.

So I see. My mistake.

The ONLY team of the 3 I want here is the Raiders, so excuse me while I get a little bitter.

Sure. Because they've never tried it before, or anything.

Welp, I'm excited for selfish reasons. NFC team means I'll get to see my team once in a while.

I went to Raiders games at the Coluseum along with USC games there, it's ok not great. It was great for 84 Olympics I saw there.
I went to Rams games at Angel Stadium, did not like football in a baseball park at all. Good place for MLB. Both those venues suck for rock concerts would not go to a free show at them now.

That said I think the population base in L A market is ? 50% bigger than when those teams left. Also diehard SD fans will drive up for Chargers, plus just like MJ money infusion brought up Dodgers talent, and the Angels, and Clippers started throwing money at players those franchises are succeeding better than ever. I got to believe that guy that is building Inglewood location wil buy talent for a good team. L A will support winners.

The ONLY team of the 3 I want here is the Raiders, so excuse me while I get a little bitter.

keep hope alive

"If the Chargers do not exercise their option to relocate, the Raiders would then have the option to join the Rams in Los Angeles, the commissioner said."

That said I think the population base in L A market is ? 50% bigger than when those teams left. Also diehard SD fans will drive up for Chargers, plus just like MJ money infusion brought up Dodgers talent, and the Angels, and Clippers started throwing money at players those franchises are succeeding better than ever. I got to believe that guy that is building Inglewood location wil buy talent for a good team. L A will support winners.

You have no idea how NFL financials work, do you?

I feel badly for the St. Louis fans. This is the 2nd time in 30 years that they've lost an NFL team. At least the Rams won the Super Bowl while they were there. The Cardinals mostly sucked while they were there. Obviously, life goes on for St. Louis Rams fans. They won't have to piss away their money on a mediocre team anymore. Maybe they can steal an NBA team. :wink: Maybe Blues ticket sales will increase next Fall.

Back
Top Bottom