NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting real tired of Joe Buck, real fast. No, Joe. With 30seconds on the clock a game is not over. I only wish they had won as well to further shove that stupid ass comment down his damn throat.

Pack needs some work. I don't know if it would help, but maybe McCarthy should go back to calling the plays...

Either Jordy Nelson being healthy or Davante Adams not being a human wasteland would help, methinks.

How the fuck did we lose that game

sanchez-tipped-ball-interception-10-8-12.gif

mark-sanchez-interception-gif.gif

original.gif

sanchez.gif

Imagine if Peyton sets the record, gets benched and never sees the field again.

Would be crazy...

But Denver's record is too good to justify going with Osweiler. They're a team that's going to probably make the playoffs. And their only real hope in the playoffs is Peyton playing well.

Hey, they won and it was another typical Giant loss from this season. Numerous chances to put the game away and they didn't. When the Giants came away with only a field goal on their final drive and plenty of time left for NE to get in field goal range, I knew they would win.

The Giants will probably win the east. The other three teams are mediocre/bad, whereas they're more in the average range. 8-8 really might win the division this year.

Last edited:
Giants' remaining schedule is pretty tough. Division is going to come down to who wins the divisional games remaining.
I still say Philly wins it, though having to go with The Sanchize tempers that prediction greatly.

I think we technically have the easiest remaining schedule by a hair, but got the short end of the stick by having to play Dallas twice with Romo back. That sucks.

I certainly don't want to say that we have no chance: the way our defense played yesterday was really fucking encouraging. The Giants let the Saints walk all over them but we never let up and shut them out in the second half. That was way more impressive than hanging 47 on the worst defense in football, though there are a number of positives to take from that as well.

Part of me thinks that Dallas just needs to sit Tony Romo out the rest of the year and continue on with the current circus so they can lose the rest of their games and get a possible high draft pick.

Another part of me realizes that *if* they were somehow able to win the rest of their games, the playoffs are not out of the question. The NFC East is an absolute shit show and anyone can still win it.

Yeah, it's definitely the NFC Least right now. The Giants had the Patriots on the ropes, but couldn't deliver the KO punch. If you leave the proverbial door open a crack against the Pats, they will kick that shit wide open.

Tony Romo is a decent QB, but I don't think he'll ever lead Dallas to a Super Bowl victory. But, tanking the season could be tough when they play in that big expensive stadium. Those tickets ain't cheap. A few more losses and folks will be busting out the brown paper bags.

Maybe the most amazing thing about this Eagles season is that Sam Bradford ended up being a big step up from Nick Foles (at least the last few weeks once he got settled in) ... and it didn't matter at all.

Yeah, it's definitely the NFC Least right now. The Giants had the Patriots on the ropes, but couldn't deliver the KO punch. If you leave the proverbial door open a crack against the Pats, they will kick that shit wide open.

Tony Romo is a decent QB, but I don't think he'll ever lead Dallas to a Super Bowl victory. But, tanking the season could be tough when they play in that big expensive stadium. Those tickets ain't cheap. A few more losses and folks will be busting out the brown paper bags.

Jesus Jones will never tank the season - he is way too proud.

I know people love to hate on Romo but honestly he is better than just "decent". I say that in agreement that he probably won't ever get a SB ring, which is sad, but i don't see the team ever getting to another SB with all of the sideshows and JJ as the owner. Hope im wrong, of course.

Maybe the most amazing thing about this Eagles season is that Sam Bradford ended up being a big step up from Nick Foles (at least the last few weeks once he got settled in) ... and it didn't matter at all.

2014 Foles through 8 games:

13 TDs, 10 INTs, 2163 yards, 59.8% comp, 81.4 rating, 6-2 record

2015 Bradford through 9 games:

11 TDs, 10 INTs, 2297 yards, 63.9% comp, 82.4 rating, 4-5 record

Granted, Bradford has had a few great games, but the boneheaded redzone INTs are tough to overlook and overall I still think that trade was fucking pointless. Shook up the team's offensive chemistry in order to add an injury-prone athlete with no mobility behind a line that Chip left in tatters. Just terrible.

Last edited:
Eye test from watching week-to-week. The line is worse, and it might be the worst wide receiving corps in the league. Not to mention it took until Week 3 for the running game to appear. And those red zone INTs were contained to his two worst games of the year. He's looked really sharp the last three weeks. Looked like he finally had gotten comfortable.

Bradford's not great, but he's better than Foles. Like I said, so much of the rest of the offense got worse that it's made no difference. Just in the time I wrote this post, Miles Austin dropped multiple passes.

Truth there, as well.

Here's a film breakdown of Davante Adams's performance on Sunday. In each of the clips, his move to get open is weak and/or performed with too much of a cushion in front of the defender. As a result, the defender is able to stay in orbit with Adams with his hips square to Adams. High school stuff.

link

James Jones is the master at getting open exactly when his defender turns to look at Rodgers.

My fantasy football team is officially down to two original cast members due to injury: Andre Johnson and Doug Martin.

And Andre Johnson just got dropped due to performance.

And I just lost Charcandrick West.

Back
Top Bottom