NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #931
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 80,611
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
It's clear that defensive players have continued to tap into the homophobic slur tactic started by Josh Norman, and Odell continues to react.

They wouldn't issue a statement like that over just regular old trash talk.

I'm not defending Odell's behaviour, but it's clear that there's more going on here, and it's a continuous issue.
That's what I was wondering if it was about.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #932
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,837
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Yea I have it in pretty good authority (multiple sauces!) that this is indeed the case and the league is very concerned over it.

Have to remember, there are microphones everywhere picking up audio for NFL Network.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #933
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,809
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Just so I have this straight...

NFL implements a mandatory 6 game suspension for domestic abuse in the wake of Ray Rice's KO of his then fiancée.
Josh Brown is subsequently arrested for domestic abuse.
Later, at the 2016 Pro Bowl NFL security moves Josh Brown's wife (while in the midst of divorce)to a different hotel room after an incident involving a drunk Josh pounding on her door after taking her phone to check her text messages.
Josh Brown is suspended 1 game by the NFL at the start of this season.
John Mara says yesterday Giants were aware of domestic abuse but didn't know the "extent" of the abuse.
Ben McAdoo says the Giants "are not going to turn our back on Josh".
John Mara and Roger Goodell are buddies.
NFL of course now claiming it didn't know about the dozens of incidents of domestic violence perpetrated by Brown against his wife.

 
Oh and Tom Brady was suspended 4 games for "probably" being "generally aware" of footballs being deflated which science has proven was not the case, but John Mara led the push for Goodell to enforce the most severe penalty in league history against the Patriots and the 4 game Brady suspension


Sorry Headache, but fuck the NY Giants, fuck John Mara, fuck Roger Goodell and fuck the NFL league office.
__________________
Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #934
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 64,882
Local Time: 05:32 AM
I've been saying "fuck John Mara" ever since he used his clout to screw two division rivals out of millions.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #935
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,837
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Just so I have this straight...

NFL implements a mandatory 6 game suspension for domestic abuse in the wake of Ray Rice's KO of his then fiancée.
Josh Brown is subsequently arrested for domestic abuse.
Later, at the 2016 Pro Bowl NFL security moves Josh Brown's wife (while in the midst of divorce)to a different hotel room after an incident involving a drunk Josh pounding on her door after taking her phone to check her text messages.
Josh Brown is suspended 1 game by the NFL at the start of this season.
John Mara says yesterday Giants were aware of domestic abuse but didn't know the "extent" of the abuse.
Ben McAdoo says the Giants "are not going to turn our back on Josh".
John Mara and Roger Goodell are buddies.
NFL of course now claiming it didn't know about the dozens of incidents of domestic violence perpetrated by Brown against his wife.

 
Oh and Tom Brady was suspended 4 games for "probably" being "generally aware" of footballs being deflated which science has proven was not the case, but John Mara led the push for Goodell to enforce the most severe penalty in league history against the Patriots and the 4 game Brady suspension


Sorry Headache, but fuck the NY Giants, fuck John Mara, fuck Roger Goodell and fuck the NFL league office.
The only thing wrong with your post is the spoiler... let's not try to pretend that Kraft and Goodell weren't boys as well. They may have fallen out since, but they were as tight as any other owner in the league.

Other than that, it's complete bullshit how this was handled by both the Giants and the League. You can't pretend to be a franchise that holds yourself to a higher standard and not cut this fucker months ago. It's the height of hypocrisy, and I have zero issue saying that.

They should be ashamed of themselves for handling this so poorly.

So yea. In this instance, fuck the Giants.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #936
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,837
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I've been saying "fuck John Mara" ever since he used his clout to screw two division rivals out of millions.
Daniel Snyder.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #937
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 64,882
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Daniel Snyder.
John Mara.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #938
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,837
Local Time: 08:32 AM
This is a fun game
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #939
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 64,882
Local Time: 05:32 AM
New, shorter game: name NFL owners that aren't despicable pieces of shit.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #940
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 52,837
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Mark Davis
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #941
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 64,882
Local Time: 05:32 AM
He's had the same bowl cut since grade school. The Mark of an honest man.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #942
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,726
Local Time: 08:32 AM
So how or when does Goodell get fired?
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #943
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Fez
Posts: 24,098
Local Time: 07:32 AM
Packers fans.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:06 PM   #944
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,809
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The only thing wrong with your post is the spoiler... let's not try to pretend that Kraft and Goodell weren't boys as well. They may have fallen out since, but they were as tight as any other owner in the league.

.
Let me gladly say "Fuck Robert Kraft" too.
That piece of crap allowed the league/Goodell to steal 2 draft picks and suspend Brady without even a hint of a fight. He sucks too.
But I had to include the spoiler for the comparison of Brady's suspension to Brown's. The fact that Mara was one of the leading proponents amongst owners for that witch hunt is bonus material today.

Also, Fuck Ted Cruz.
__________________
Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:07 PM   #945
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 24,809
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
So how or when does Goodell get fired?
They will probably just add another $5 Mil to his annual salary.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com