NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any word from peef? Hope he's okay.
c4jt321.png

Sounds like Gronk is gonna be ok.

I'll gladly take the loss if it means he's back this year.

Of course had McDaniels just called a run on 1st down with 2:50 left and Denver with only 1 timeout, Gronk doesn't get hurt and they probably win the game as well. Sometimes they outsmart themselves.

Of course had McDaniels just called a run on 1st down with 2:50 left and Denver with only 1 timeout, Gronk doesn't get hurt and they probably win the game as well. Sometimes they outsmart themselves.

I was surprised they threw it there, but it most likely wouldn't have mattered. They would have had to run another play before the 2 minute warning, and then Denver would have called their timeout on third down, and then the Pats would have punted with two minutes left. Plenty of time against a defense that was clearly not the same with Hightower out.

I was surprised they threw it there, but it most likely wouldn't have mattered. They would have had to run another play before the 2 minute warning, and then Denver would have called their timeout on third down, and then the Pats would have punted with two minutes left. Plenty of time against a defense that was clearly not the same with Hightower out.

Brady actually was a bit lax in his clock management on that series, he snapped the ball with the clock running at 7 seconds on the play clock twice. Had he let that run down to 2 seconds or so each time, the snap on the Gronk injury could have come with under 2:40, meaning a run would take them to the 2 minute warning or forced Denver to burn its final timeout. Then 2nd down gets you to 2 minutes and no timeouts for Denver, and 3rd down takes you to about 1:15...plus they might even gain 10 yards on 3 rushes, a novel thought. Worst case scenario you punt it back and Denver is inside their own 20 with 1:10 or so and no timeouts. It was like the Pats became the Giants on that series, very uncharacteristic.

Brady actually was a bit lax in his clock management on that series, he snapped the ball with the clock running at 7 seconds on the play clock twice. Had he let that run down to 2 seconds or so each time, the snap on the Gronk injury could have come with under 2:40, meaning a run would take them to the 2 minute warning or forced Denver to burn its final timeout. Then 2nd down gets you to 2 minutes and no timeouts for Denver, and 3rd down takes you to about 1:15...plus they might even gain 10 yards on 3 rushes, a novel thought. Worst case scenario you punt it back and Denver is inside their own 20 with 1:10 or so and no timeouts. It was like the Pats became the Giants on that series, very uncharacteristic.

I'd have to go back and look. Don't recall the play clock times on the plays leading up to it.

1-2 weeks for Gronk. I'll take it. And a few weeks for Hightower. With Collins and Amendola coming back, they should be ok. And if Edelman is ready for the playoffs, they'll be fine.

That looked very similar to BYU's hail mary to beat Nebraska. WR boxed the defenders out at the front of the end zone.

It's funny, the subtitle of the thread is There's a Flag Down and thanks to that Face Mask penalty, it gives the Packers a chance to score on the Hail Mary. Wild ending.

CVWyLyNWUAAXnrQ.png

Refs suck, etc.

but that doesn't explain why the Lions consider this adequate coverage:

CVWxxBwU4AEzzuw.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. The facemask was questionable but not nearly as bad as the non-pi call two plays prior. I called it. Told my girlfriend that the Packers were going to win at halftime. I also predicted that Twin Peaks would return. It's been a good year for predictions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom