NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #346
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Of Seahawks vs Patriots or Broncos?

I originally thought we'd see Seahawks/Patriots two weeks ago, but they're slumping at the wrong time. Then again, New Orleans was slumping heading into the playoffs in 2009 and won the Super Bowl, so you never know.
I don't think there's anyone in the AFC who's set themselves apart, really.

If Edleman returns healthy i think they have just enough to get by. I don't hold much water in Peyton coming back and looking alright for one half. He was terrible when he got hurt, and I think he'll be terrible in the playoffs.

I actually could see Kansas City staying hot, but I just can't bring myself to actually picking them.

Generally speaking there are a lot of shitty teams in both conferences, so anything could happen.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Looks like Matt Forte is most likely done in Chicago. Anybody want a really really good and reliable and versatile running back?

Old 01-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #348
The Male

Local Time: 09:25 AM
*raises hand*

With DeSean, Jordan Reed and Cousins improving each week, Forte would give us a nasty offense. We're probably in the market, actually, since Alfred Morris' rookie contract is nearly up.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I don't think there's anyone in the AFC who's set themselves apart, really.

If Edleman returns healthy i think they have just enough to get by. I don't hold much water in Peyton coming back and looking alright for one half. He was terrible when he got hurt, and I think he'll be terrible in the playoffs.

I actually could see Kansas City staying hot, but I just can't bring myself to actually picking them.

Generally speaking there are a lot of shitty teams in both conferences, so anything could happen.
This could finally be the year Cincy makes some noise. They're getting Pittsburgh possibly on a third string running back, when normally Pittsburgh would be a terrible draw for them. And like you said, the rest of the conference is shaky for their own reasons.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #350
The Male

I would have more faith in Cincy if their QB situation was settled at all. For now, this seems to be shaping up as just another wild card disappointment for them.

Agreed that the Steelers aren't all that scary without Bell though. They'll run into a great defense and get one dimensional.

Now.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:33 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

The Steelers' achilles heel is their pass defense. They only have a decent chance if Dalton isn't healthy.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #352
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I would have more faith in Cincy if their QB situation was settled at all. For now, this seems to be shaping up as just another wild card disappointment for them.

Agreed that the Steelers aren't all that scary without Bell though. They'll run into a great defense and get one dimensional.
That's the thing. If I knew what Dalton was going to do I'd feel a lot more confident in Cinci.

AJ played well but I can't pick him to win a super bowl.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:25 AM
I've never really been a huge Peyton Manning fan and I hate Denver but I feel like this is a feel good story I need to cheer for.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #354
The Male

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Coughlin resignation. I guess it just wasn't much of a surprise at this point.

Now.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

I'm rooting for Houston because of OB.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:49 AM   #356
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Coughlin resignation. I guess it just wasn't much of a surprise at this point.
It was time. The multiple clock management fuck ups this season were the final nail in the coffin. I know they say he stepped down, but I think the just allowed him that courtesy because of who he is and what he's meant to the franchise.

It's also well past time for Jerry Reese to lose his job, which appears not likely to happen, which pisses me off. He's 10 times more to blame for this season than any of the coaches.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #357
The Fly

Local Time: 11:25 AM
The dream scenario for the Redskins would be victory against the Packers while Seattle beats Vikings. Redskins then beat Cardinals, and Seattle beats Panthers. Then NFC championship game played in Washington with Seattle losing to the Redskins. Redskins go to Superbowl and win against whoever the AFC puts up. First time in Superbowl and victory in Superbowl in nearly a quarter of a century! Hail to The Redskins!
Old 01-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Yes, it wasn't a surprise, but still sad considering TC was the Giants' longest tenured coach in the Super Bowl era and also led them to two SB victories. But, aside from the obvious which Headache mentioned, there were just too many weeks where TC was shaking his head at the decisions made on the field. He lost his team. And when that happens, it's time to go.

Plus, Jerry Reese should have been gone too. Defensively, the Giants are thin and that's on the man making the personnel moves. JPP's injury didn't help either. He was their top guy and they lost him for a good chunk of the season. When he finally returned he had that club for a hand which is tough when you're trying to tackle or swat down passes.

Rumor has it that Sean Payton is interested in the job.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Larry54 View Post
The dream scenario for the Redskins would be victory against the Packers while Seattle beats Vikings. Redskins then beat Cardinals, and Seattle beats Panthers. Then NFC championship game played in Washington with Seattle losing to the Redskins. Redskins go to Superbowl and win against whoever the AFC puts up. First time in Superbowl and victory in Superbowl in nearly a quarter of a century! Hail to The Redskins!
"Dream" being the key word.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #360
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Larry54 View Post

You're new around here, so we'll let it slide, but it's "Super Bowl". Not Superbowl.